Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Periodic Freezing/CTDs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Dagimpyman

Dagimpyman

Grand Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Lately my game has been freezing every 5-30 minutes, and I just fail to understand why. I have not added any mods that might cause it shortly before this, so my guess is that it is related to mods that were already present before or that something is wrong with my save game. It happens more often outdoors, but also sometimes indoors as well.

When I look at my papyrus log, the last couple of hundred lines always look like this:

Spoiler

so could it be related to the restoration ritual spell quest? I have no idea :huh:

My load order is as follows:

Spoiler

Now I know that Sounds of Skyrim has been known to cause a lot of trouble, but I had it active since I started this playthrough, and I've accumulated 200 hours with no problems until recently, so I'm not really sure if it's really this one causing my problems.

My save game size, btw, is ~13mb, so I don't think there's any significant bloat here either.

Any help would be really appreciated. My main character is lvl 81 by now and has all skills maxed out, so I really don't want to have to give up on her :(

UPDATE: I just survived ~2 hours of gameplay without crashing, looked at my (very long) papyrus log again, and literally 99.9% of its output are those two lines I posted above, suggesting to me it's the likely culprit. Has anyone else experienced this?

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

GMan2

GMan2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I noticed that you had this posted on the Nexus forums as well...with a member giving you some help.

But I came along an approx. 30 page topic dealing with CTD's and bad/left over scripts, HERE

It's not exactly your issue in that topic, but it does contain a LOT of information regarding scripts that stop functioning and so forth...so maybe...maybe you can find something within it that can help you. :)

Dagimpyman

Dagimpyman

Grand Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Yes, I did post this on Nexus as well...trying to reach a greater audience :D

Thanks a lot for the link, hopefully it will help me.

Edit: Enhanced Blood was responsible for the freezes. Probably the one mod I was hoping most to not be responsible...