HELP: Neck Gap on Aela...(how to fix?)

Dreamer102

Greetings,

I have a problem with "Neck Gap". However, it is only on my companion Aela! I can't figure it out. I've tried loading different body replacers but CHSBHC seems to be the only one that gets rid of it. However, I don't want CHSBHC on every female.

My preference is CBBEv3 wth BBP for my female bodies (using CHSBHC Skeleton).

For my female Armor and Clothes I use "Caliente's Bodyslide Vanilla Armor Replacer" and make it fit my custom body setting using "Bodyslide" on the armor and clothing.

Aela is the only NPC in the entire game that has this godawful neck gap for some reason. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. The only way I've been able to get around it is to put her in outfits that cover up the gap. But once she switches to her Forsworn armor that ugly gap is there again. I tried doing the "Setnpcweight 100" in the console and that fixes it, but it changes her face to some other type of model from the "Cover Women" mod...then as soon as I change cells...she reverts back to her original vanilla head with the ugly gap in the neck.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this or just get her vanilla head to fit right without the unsightly gap?

Thanks in advance.

From the CBBE FAQ

Q11: How do I remove seams between the head and body?

A1: Use the TexBlendLite application included in the download. There may still be a very slight seam, which will be dealt with some time in the future.

A2: Download the full version of TexBlend and apply the fixes manually.

A3: Install a face texture mod that already has a 'CBBE NeckSeam fix' applied, such as the Official CBBE Face Pack.

Hope this helps.

:idea: As in - an actual GAP between neck and body; an empty space, yeh?

(Post a pic to clarify!) ;)

The fix above sounds like it's for for neck-texture seams. If it works to fix a weight-gap - AWESOME!!! If not, try this...

An actual GAP between neck & body - that's usually caused by an NPC's weight having been changed (whether by a player, or by a mod). For some reason, this occasionally causes problems.

Also from Caliente's FAQ:

"Q7: How do I change npc weight?

A: Console, click on npc, type: setnpcweight 1-100. May cause bugs, most of which are resolved by changing zones."

Here's how to do that...

- SAVE THE GAME BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING! In case of an accident, you can just alt-tab out of the game & force it closed. Then re-load your save & any muck-ups will be erased.

- Hit the " ~ " key. This brings up the console.

- Click on Aela. Make SURE you've actually clicked on the NPC you want to tinker with - do NOT click on anything else!

- Type "setnpcweight [numberbetween0-100]". This works just like the weight slider for your character in the character creation menu! So, if you wanted to set Aela's weight to say, 50, you would open the console using the " ~ " key, click on Aela, and type "setnpcweight 50".

- NOTE THAT USING THIS may cause your NPC's face textures to reset, and produce visible neck seams.

As Caliente says above, *some* such issues can be fixed by changing zones, or by saving/reloading.

For any textures NOT fixed though (for example, warpaint can sometimes be removed during the weight edit and not re-appear, and visible neck-seams will be created), you will then need to use the CK to re-export your NPC's facegen (open CK / load required data files / locate NPC's name in "Actors" list in the "Object" window / click on name ONCE to highlight it / press "CTRL+F4", follow the prompts & be patient! / Save / exit / enable your newly saved plugin in NMM / open game to view / kittens), THEN use TexBlend to get rid of seams.

Good Luck! :)

- Hit the " ~ " key. This brings up the console.

- Click on Aela. Make SURE you've actually clicked on the NPC you want to tinker with - do NOT click on anything else!

- Type "setnpcweight [numberbetween0-100]". This works just like the weight slider for your character in the character creation menu! So, if you wanted to set Aela's weight to say, 50, you would open the console using the " ~ " key, click on Aela, and type "setnpcweight 50".

- NOTE THAT USING THIS may cause your NPC's face textures to reset, and produce visible neck seams.

As Caliente says above, *some* such issues can be fixed by changing zones, or by saving/reloading.

For any textures NOT fixed though (for example, warpaint can sometimes be removed during the weight edit and not re-appear, and visible neck-seams will be created), you will then need to use the CK to re-export your NPC's facegen (open CK / load required data files / locate NPC's name in "Actors" list in the "Object" window / click on name ONCE to highlight it / press "CTRL+F4", follow the prompts & be patient! / Save / exit / enable your newly saved plugin in NMM / open game to view / kittens), THEN use TexBlend to get rid of seams.

Good Luck! Smile

I figured this could be remedied via the CK. I will just use the NPCEDITOR to redo Aela. I wanted to change her hair and face to something sexier anyway. Hopefully I can pull that off without the wife asking why I'm playing with some female character on the computer.

Thanks!

Well, it turns out that nothing works. I will have to find a darker skinned body to match the fugged up heads that are on all of the NPCs.

I tried:

-Bellas Better Faces

-XCE

-Cover Women (option 3)

-Official CBBE Face Pack

All of them have darker faces than the bodies.

For bodies I tried:

-high-res cbbe body

-vanilla bodies

-cbbe body

-chsbhc body

I also tried changing Aela in the NPCEditor...no such luck.

Whatever ESP and BSA I produce with the changes, activating the mod doesn't change anything. I don't know why the esp files I make to modify characters don't ever work.

I also tried modifying Aela in the CK...no luck there. I can't get any preview of her face in the character-edit screen. Just teeth and two eyeballs. I can see her fullbody when I click the check-bod but I can't zoom in on her face because the camera is off to her shoulder. *sigh* But it doesn't matter. I tried making changes to her hairstyle and color there and they didn't stick either.

I guess I'm just stuck with it being messed up.

Archived