[WickedWhims] Polygamy doesn't always work

heja

Even with polyamory turned on, sometimes a Sim will just be unmarriable. Proposal works fine, but when this bug triggers:

One Sim (Sim A) will have the marriage options grayed out. Selecting them will produce a tooltip that Sim A is the employer of Sim B, even when this is plainly untrue. (I don't even have Get to Work, and have seen this happen on non-Service Sims).

Sim B will not have the options grayed out, but they'll be auto-canceled when selected (sometimes even when the game is paused!)

A wedding party can be planned by Sim B (not Sim A), but of course it is doomed to disaster.

I believe one Sim must already be married for the above to happen, but I've seen no other pattern. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it goes away on its own (changing lots can help) and sometimes it doesn't. One consistent workaround is to end the marriage that's apparently causing it to "stick", either manually or with testingcheats, but that kind of defeats the purpose (and, testingcheats aside, has a relationship penalty.)

I have one game saved just before selecting the "Propose" option, and it triggers the bug every single time.

As I have disabled every mod except WickedWhims and still seen this bug, it's not a mod conflict.

Yes, I have the latest version of WW and the latest version of TS4. I actually have no expansions, but I have a handful of lesser game packs.

EDIT: I found a somewhat bizarre workaround. When the Sim listed as Sim A's spouse is on the lot, the problem seems to vanish. May be a coincidence, but I successfully bypassed the bug twice that way.

Even with polyamory turned on, sometimes a Sim will just be unmarriable. Proposal works fine, but when this bug triggers:

One Sim (Sim A) will have the marriage options grayed out. Selecting them will produce a tooltip that Sim A is the employer of Sim B, even when this is plainly untrue. (I don't even have Get to Work, and have seen this happen on non-Service Sims).

Sim B will not have the options grayed out, but they'll be auto-canceled when selected (sometimes even when the game is paused!)

A wedding party can be planned by Sim B (not Sim A), but of course it is doomed to disaster.

I believe one Sim must already be married for the above to happen, but I've seen no other pattern. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it goes away on its own (changing lots can help) and sometimes it doesn't. One consistent workaround is to end the marriage that's apparently causing it to "stick", either manually or with testingcheats, but that kind of defeats the purpose (and, testingcheats aside, has a relationship penalty.)

I have one game saved just before selecting the "Propose" option, and it triggers the bug every single time.

As I have disabled every mod except WickedWhims and still seen this bug, it's not a mod conflict.

Yes, I have the latest version of WW and the latest version of TS4. I actually have no expansions, but I have a handful of lesser game packs.

EDIT: I found a somewhat bizarre workaround. When the Sim listed as Sim A's spouse is on the lot, the problem seems to vanish. May be a coincidence, but I successfully bypassed the bug twice that way.

Unfortunately, that is a general EA bug and not one caused by wicked whims. If you have MC Command Center, you can manually "divorce" (reset) the effected sim, so they will become marriage material. EA knows about the bug and has yet to fix it.

Archived