Body missing and texture problem.

Kain82

I downloaded and installed "Unique Player and Followers Redux."  I installed only the unique female esp, and placed a body, hands and textures in the mods folders.  The body I am using is "Atomic Beauty" and when I start a new game and undress her, her body is missing, only her head and hands show.  I'm also having a problem with the males.  I am using the "Dongs of Fallout" mod and when I start an new game at character creation, the player character looks like this:

tumblr_ov4gu6tn991swzd8to1_1280.jpg

I am not using the Unique Player Male esp.  I am just using Dongs of Fallout.  I never had this problem until I installed "Unique Player and Followers" mod. 

Has anyone had this problem?  And if so how did you fix it?

Okay the problem lies with the "Unique Player and Followers" mod.  Once I disabled the mod the male texture return to normal.  The thing is the mod comes with a couple of esp's, and one of them is for males and the other is for female.  I only had the female esp activated and it gave me the texture problem.  But since I disabled it the texture is fine.  I am still having the female having no body when nude problem.  I will tinker some more.

Does anyone know if "Unique Player and Followers Redux" work with "Atomic Beauty?"  I want my character to have a completely different body than the other female npc's.  But when I correctly install the meshes and textures from AB into the UPUFR folders and start the game.  My player has an invisible body when nude.  Can anyone help?

Does anyone know if "Unique Player and Followers Redux" work with "Atomic Beauty?"  I want my character to have a completely different body than the other female npc's.  But when I correctly install the meshes and textures from AB into the UPUFR folders and start the game.  My player has an invisible body when nude.  Can anyone help?

First things first

Fallout4Custom.ini

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Invisible body(parts) usually mean missing/misplaced mesh file(s).

With or w/o Unique Player the standard body mesh for males and females, thus any NPC, goes (automatically) into

...\Data\Meshes\Actors\CharacterAssets

With Unique Player any (custom) mesh built for the player char in BodySlide, thus Atomic Beauty as well, goes (manually) into

...\Data\Meshes\Actors\PlayerCharacterAssets

And for Vanilla companions accordingly (and likewise manually) into

...\Data\Meshes\Actors\$[Name]Body, e.g. \PiperBody

With or w/o Unique Player the custom mesh built in BodySlide overrides (!) the standard mesh in ...\CharacterAssets, so any human NPC of the same gender in game gets the newly customized body mesh, the new standard, in Unique Player any human but one, the player char mesh in ...\PlayerCharacterAssets still is the now overridden old mesh (with the same name!) in ...\CharacterAssets. The 'conflict' (compatibility?) seems to be none or totally irrelevant (given that ...\PlayerCharacterAssets wasn't perhaps empty beforehand). However, that might be indeed the reason why you get an undressed (!) player char w/o body. At least in this way I understand it, might be wrong tho'.

Whatever, to avoid such crap, the standard (or built) mesh for NPCs in ...\CharacterAssets gets backed before one pushes the 'build' or 'batch build' button in BodySlide.

Once the customized mesh is built and moved (!) from ...\CharacterAssets either to ...\PlayerCharacterAssets (player) or ...\$[Name]Body (companion) in Unique Player, the backed earlier standard mesh in ...\CharacterAssets gets revived again for the NPCs by the obvious reason.

Apparently the Atomic Beauty Unique Player and Unique Followers Slider Sets mod does this automatically for 'batch build' (nude missing?), albeit not for 'build' in BodySlide. Give it a try and drop us a line.

Have a good one ;)

First things first

Fallout4Custom.ini

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

With or w/o Unique Player the standard body mesh for males and females, thus any NPC, goes (automatically) into

With Unique Player any (custom) mesh built for the player char in BodySlide, thus Atomic Beauty as well, goes (manually) into

With or w/o Unique Player the custom mesh built in BodySlide overrides (!) the standard mesh in ...\CharacterAssets, so any human NPC of the same gender in game gets the newly customized body mesh, the new standard, in Unique Player any human but one, the player char mesh in ...\PlayerCharacterAssets still is the now overridden old mesh (with the same name!) in ...\CharacterAssets. The 'conflict' (compatibility?) seems to be none or totally irrelevant (given that ...\PlayerCharacterAssets wasn't perhaps empty beforehand). However, that might be indeed the reason why you get an undressed (!) player char w/o body. At least in this way I understand it, might be wrong tho'.

Whatever, to avoid such crap, the standard (or built) mesh for NPCs in ...\CharacterAssets gets backed before one pushes the 'build' or 'batch build' button in BodySlide.

Once the customized mesh is built and moved (!) from ...\CharacterAssets either to ...\PlayerCharacterAssets (player) or ...\$[Name]Body (companion) in Unique Player, the backed earlier standard mesh in ...\CharacterAssets gets revived again for the NPCs by the obvious reason.

Apparently the Atomic Beauty Unique Player and Unique Followers Slider Sets mod does this automatically for 'batch build' (nude missing?), albeit not for 'build' in BodySlide. Give it a try and drop us a line.

Have a good one ;)

Thank you for the detailed instructions, I will try them.  If all else fails I will make my own UP mod.

Thanks once again. :)

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2017 at 5:30 AM, Jazzman said:

First things first

Fallout4Custom.ini

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Have a good one ;)

I'm not sure quite how related this is, but instead of that graphical error and crazy textures, the body for males in my game are completely invisible.  The thing is, I never installed anything that should be messing with that gender.  Do you have any idea of what I should do or where I should look?

Archived