Hey all, I was wondering if any modder here might have the time to whip up a Skin Tone mod that's actually, ya know, pale? So far, the only mods that do this that I've found are Fair Skin Compexion which makes every skin tone paler--while also giving numerous female NPCs featureless brown faces--and Selene (Pale Skin - Eyes - Vault Suit), which--while awesome in concept--is not CBBE compatible in any way. Honestly, I think the best way to do it would be to add a completely new skin tone to the roster, but as far as I can tell the only person who's done that without adding crazy rainbow colors is for the More Skin Colors mod, but going from the Author's comments pale skin--while on his priority list--isn't that high so the wait might be... well, long.

If Bethesda didn't make it so GIMP couldn't handle textures I'd do this myself, and I'm not going to buy or find some illegal version of Photoshop, so asking is basically all I got left. Anyone willing to whip-up a simple 'pale skin option' mod for those of us who want to play as someone without either a light tan or dark skin?

Gimp can handle FO4 textures fine... What problems are you having?

EDIT: I forgot, GIMP requires a plug-in to work on .dds files. http://registry.gimp.org/node/70

I'll second your request though. I've tried to figure out how to do this myself a couple times. FO4 editor will only let you ramp up the lightness of a skin tone so much, I believe the 'Chiffon' option in More Skin Colors is at the max.

You can just edit the face/body files to be lighter but that will change everyone. The Unique Player mod allows you to have a unique body but not face (tried adding face to that file myself but couldn't get it to work....) The Unique Skin Textures mod does allow full face/body to be changed but you have to load a certain face preset first, and I don't want to totally remake my character's face.

Also tried editing some of the makeup/tattoo files but I couldn't get that to work either. They wouldn't show up in game despite being saved with the correct settings for FO4. Weird. Really want to try playing as a geisha with a gun type character.

Gimp can handle FO4 textures fine... What problems are you having?

EDIT: I forgot, GIMP requires a plug-in to work on .dds files. http://registry.gimp.org/node/70

I'll second your request though. I've tried to figure out how to do this myself a couple times. FO4 editor will only let you ramp up the lightness of a skin tone so much, I believe the 'Chiffon' option in More Skin Colors is at the max.

You can just edit the face/body files to be lighter but that will change everyone. The Unique Player mod allows you to have a unique body but not face (tried adding face to that file myself but couldn't get it to work....) The Unique Skin Textures mod does allow full face/body to be changed but you have to load a certain face preset first, and I don't want to totally remake my character's face.

Also tried editing some of the makeup/tattoo files but I couldn't get that to work either. They wouldn't show up in game despite being saved with the correct settings for FO4. Weird. Really want to try playing as a geisha with a gun type character.

Actually, Bethesda did some weird fuckery to the DDS files for Fallout 4 that make it so they can only be edited in Photoshop--plugin or no. And the Unique Skin mod could work, but you'd need Face Ripper and... yeah, not worth it. What I'm curious about though is is it actually hard to make a skin texture for this game? We have mods to make you blue, red, 'Chiffon', Hulk level buff females, multiple retextures of custom and vanilla outfits, new hairs--and hair colors-- and the list goes on and on and on--yet despite all these wonderful things people are churning out, for some reason adding new skin tones to the game is, basically, an unexplored area beyond doing so for cartoonish effect. I just... I just don't understand.

• 1 month later...

Well Atlas... you're wrong. Happily! I haven't had a copy of PS since 2007 and have edited numerous FO4 textures using GIMP.

I recently got this to work using the Unique Skin Texture mod available on the Nexus. Had to reset my char's face with face ripper which was kind of a pain as I imagined, but not hard by any means if you can follow the tutorial. I uploaded the textures I made, pretty simple. They're ultra light w/ the 'Pale' skin tone, you can make them darker by changing the skin tone in-game... It's for CBBE BTW.

New WinRAR archive.rar

Archived