undroppable skeleton key with hidden quest script?

Hi guys,

Basically I want my character to have a permanent, undroppable&unbreakable Skeleton Key that functions on its own without lockpicks. I know vaguely how it works in game, and how for that reason you can't just add the Skeleton Key in the console, or even add it then add the skeleton key perk that stops it from snapping, as it can still be dropped and therefore still taken from you when you go to jail.

From my basic understanding how it works is that when you get the Skeleton Key in-game it basically adds the Skeleton Key (the item) then the hidden perk (the unique unbreakable enchantment for that key) as well as a quest script to the key itself (undroppable from inventory)

For myself I have no real clue how to go about recreating the complete package (other than adding the perk and the item, it's still not a quest item) so I was wondering if it's an easy enough task for someone to create a small mod for me that will allow me to add or pick up the Skeleton Key and attach a hidden quest script to it that runs in the background regardless of where I am in the game, so I can have this item without touching the thieves guild or leaving the questline permanently half finished.

I get the feeling that it's not all that simple, as i've done a deep search all over the internet and not found anything similar.

Archived