TEXEditor

Sneaksmile

Tga files are lossless image files (the full name format is Targa.)

Many tools allow you to alter such images and then save them back in the same format (Gimp, Paint.net, PhotoShop, etc.)

The image in your link looks like a diffuse map for a texture. In this case (because probably the UV map is not accessible) you need to edit it with trials and errors.

One small trick I do in such cases is to add a high contrast grid (usually with alternated green and red bars) to the image and then check it in the game.

I how TEXEdit can load back a TGA file inside the game data. Here I have no clues.

Tga files are lossless image files (the full name format is Targa.)

Many tools allow you to alter such images and then save them back in the same format (Gimp, Paint.net, PhotoShop, etc.)

The image in your link looks like a diffuse map for a texture. In this case (because probably the UV map is not accessible) you need to edit it with trials and errors.

One small trick I do in such cases is to add a high contrast grid (usually with alternated green and red bars) to the image and then check it in the game.

I how TEXEdit can load back a TGA file inside the game data. Here I have no clues.

I know how to return the modified files to the game and works pretty good! I've been doing that with some mods but I want to make my own modifications ... What I do not understand is the shape of the textures, it is incomprehensible even to know which part is each one ... You say I need to paint over the .tga file with Photoshop and that's it? 

The image is the result of an export in TEXEditor. But I am not really an expert girl in this kind of things ... but if very enthusiastic, when I discover something new I want to know more about it, but I guess this is not as easy as I think.  

The image looks weird because DDS are using "UV maps".

The 3D model of the mesh is mapped to the 2D model of the texture, and then it is projected to the 3D surface.

Sadly it is almost impossible to see these maps if you cannot get the source 3D file and be able to open it in a #D program.

Again, I do a trick that is just adding a colorful grid to the image, and then try it in the game.

The color lines will help me to understand which area of the picture goes to which area of the 3D object.

The image looks weird because DDS are using "UV maps".

The 3D model of the mesh is mapped to the 2D model of the texture, and then it is projected to the 3D surface.

Sadly it is almost impossible to see these maps if you cannot get the source 3D file and be able to open it in a #D program.

Again, I do a trick that is just adding a colorful grid to the image, and then try it in the game.

The color lines will help me to understand which area of the picture goes to which area of the 3D object.

But then it is not really possible to extract, modify and then return a .tga file with TEXEditor if you do not have the UV map? I think that even with the grid I would make a great disaster! 

Why the image of the textures look so strange? In a 3D program does not look like that? 

The tga file is the source for the DDS file.

Now a "UV Map" is just a set of areas of the picture that are mapped to the 3D object.

You don't need to export it to change the texture.

The organization looks weird because the maps are fit together in a single picture. Sadly it is really hard to find which part goes where.

Now a "UV Map" is just a set of areas of the picture that are mapped to the 3D object.

The organization looks weird because the maps are fit together in a single picture. Sadly it is really hard to find which part goes where.

The DDS file Is the purple or blue image that some Mods have?

But ... those who do the UV Map or whatever is needed ... place the texture in a 3D program and when saving the file is a 2D image??? I do not understand that.   :(

So if I can change the color of the .tga image with Photoshop and save as Targa file? I mean ... I do not need to do another thing?

Your grid looks like this or is different? 

http://imgur.com/a/b2GiU

So if I can change the color of the .tga image with Photoshop and save as Targa file? I mean ... I do not need to do another thing?

I think you need to learn a little bit more of DDS and UV maps.

But, yes, just update the Targa file and put it back in the game.

yeah, something similar, but not just 1 dimension grid but a 2 dimension one, and with way more colors to better spot the location.

I think you need to learn a little bit more of DDS and UV maps.

But, yes, just update the Targa file and put it back in the game.

yeah, something similar, but not just 1 dimension grid but a 2 dimension one, and with way more colors to better spot the location.

Yes i need to learn more   :P

Okay I will try it!  :)

Oh, okay ... You mean it should be a square and not just bars?

Archived