Donating Money to Other Sims

Guys, this isn't really related to the type of mods one finds here, but I really want somebody to answer this: how do you give money to NPC households? I've lost count of how many times I've seen notifications of NPC sims leaving 2000+ simoleons in their neighbor's mailbox. So, the NPC's regularly give cash to specific households many times. I also highly doubt it is related to the "good" trait as I remember a time when I switched to another active household and my previous sim (now an NPC), who did NOT have the good trait, gave 300+ simoleons to a needy neighbor. Is this a "gift money" interaction? I have a large set of NRAAS mods but I am kinda unsure that all of these direct household to household money "gifting", "transfers", or "donations" are an NRAAS cheat option because NPC's do it and the game notifies you when they do it. So specific instructions on how to give money to a specific household would be very appreciated. 

Archived