Loading Time Has Tripled

Well, that's all that taken care of ...

Copied over the backup of the Data folder and ended up with infinite load screen (intro music wouldn't stop playing). Got quite frustrated, not good when you have PTSD, figured 'to-hell-with-it' and deleted the mods. Going to re-install them from scratch.

Well, the issue appears to have been fixed.

Started another virgin vanilla, though with SKSE installed and all my settings to the various .ini files, in the cart and on into Helgen, character creation, went default, female, Lokir killed when he ran, nobody executed and Tulius in Ulfric's face "You started this war ...", and made a full save.

Exited, restarted and loaded the save

1m 12s

The only thing I did was to take a few moments to address an error message from Steam about some compatibility setting. Followed the instructions and found that I had set Steam to always Run As Administrator. Turned that off and now there's no problem. Not sure if that's actually it, but so far, so good.

~~~~~~~~

Loaded and configured all 255 mods and have been playing all morning, using both Quick Save and Full Save. Had only one CTD, entering Riften the first time. Crash Fixes says its an exception at address gobblefy-gook. No other issues since then.

Reloaded the last full save in 49 and a half seconds :D

Archived