Need help, modding to add new comics

Hello guys, first of all i'm sorry in advance for my english, not my native language.

So i felt in love with the comics collector mod from Despy and tryed to make mine for personnal purpose.

I kind of copied the esp of despy but changed the texture and name files. I coverted my png into dds files.

So far, i got the drop loot of my comics , i can take them , but when i'm in my inventory and try to look at them my game just crash.

I'm new into modding, it 's my first attempt so i dont know what i'm doing wrong. Is it possible to be linked with the conversion on my jpg files into dds ?

Thanks in advance for help.

I think that you need to change the template in the CK (Creation Kit), I don't how it works for comics but you have to look around where you can import a template as a nif same as you did for comics itself i'm not sure that it is the solution but you should start with that.

Another thing never use an .esp that isn't yours, especially if you not have the permission (i'm not saying that it is the case), you can look into it to see how the author did, to do this or that but you should take  the vanilla comics in Fallout 4 and edit them yourself.

I, first of all thanks for answering. You are right about the .esp . I'm using someone else esp as for know just to learn but yeah i ll make my own.

For now i'm using the FA4 edit tool , dds converter and material tool editor.

I ll take a look at the Creation kit, it's maybe easier.

It's just that i just started and dont found so much infos soooooo yeah i'm trying ^^" .

Hey i didn't see that you have answer, sorry for the lat reply. No trouble being new in modding, i'm new myself it's been 2 months that i started modding, i'm learning everyday, don't stop searching even if you can't bear it no more, take a break and then dive back.

Sorry for the speech ^^! So I send you few links that might be helpful, the first two are about the basics and the third and fourth could help you understand much, how paths in the CK's working:

Archived