Change outfits for (or strip) non-household Sims?

zxochi

I know there has to be an incredibly simple way to do this that I'm just somehow missing, but I've been googling and can't find it.

If I want to dress a non-household Sim a certain way, or remove their clothing, I've only found three ways to do it:

• dress a household sim in the outfit, use MCC to copy/paste the outfit onto the non-household sim (and then change my household sim back into what I want them wearing)
  • move them into my household, change their outfit, and move them back out
  • use MCC to randomize their outfit (or hair) until I get something I like

I can, for example, morph my newly hired maid into a barbie doll-bodied goddess with a few clicks but I can't dress her in a miniskirt without 3-4 minutes of clunking around in Manage Worlds.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Answering my own question:

You can go to "Manage Worlds" -> "Household Management" and find them under "Unplayed Households" and directly edit them there (without having to move them into and out of your household).

A live mode menu option would be even better (if anyone knows of a mod) but the above is much much easier than what I'd been doing before.

I know there has to be an incredibly simple way to do this that I'm just somehow missing, but I've been googling and can't find it.

If I want to dress a non-household Sim a certain way, or remove their clothing, I've only found three ways to do it:

• dress a household sim in the outfit, use MCC to copy/paste the outfit onto the non-household sim (and then change my household sim back into what I want them wearing)

I can, for example, morph my newly hired maid into a barbie doll-bodied goddess with a few clicks but I can't dress her in a miniskirt without 3-4 minutes of clunking around in Manage Worlds.

If you use MCC, you already have all you want !

If you clic on a NPC, in the MCC menu you can "Edit family in CaS", and just "Change outfit" in the "Dresser" sub-menu

If you use MCC, you already have all you want !

If you clic on a NPC, in the MCC menu you can "Edit family in CaS", and just "Change outfit" in the "Dresser" sub-menu

Wow, I can't believe I'd missed this.

I'd seen the menu option there but thought it edited the household sims. I even was sure I'd tested and confirmed that at some point in the past, but I guess not.

Thanks!

http://modthesims.info/d/541743 , Shimrod101 made this mod that I believe is still working. Give it a try.

I believe based on the description and the pictures that mod just switches between their everyday / sports / formal / etc,, same as politely asking them through dialogue (although that mod appears to let you switch them into sleepwear and career outfits, which I haven't been able to do through dialog.)

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to look.

Archived