Secret homosexual mod?

Strachey

I mean... probably. I imagine it would be very event driven and might be a bit difficult to work with. Also, it would be restricted by religion. So either you make the Gay religion and have people be secretly practicing homosexuals or you'd need individual societies for each religion. It wouldn't work in quite the same way as the Homosexual trait because that's hardcoded.

EDIT: Actually, I haven't looked into the societies enough yet. Isn't the Hermetic Order available to any monotheistic faith? I think it might be possible to create a multi-faith society, but I don't know if that sort of society can be secret.

EDIT2: Okay, yes. Secret homosexual society is definitely possible, but remember that there's a one society limit per character, so no secret homosexual Satanists or Hermetics.

EDIT3: Um... ranks? What on earth would ranks do? WHAT POWERS WOULD YOU GET?!!! You could make the powers basically into a fairly mundane system for the members of the society to interact with each other, and of course every member of the society would be able to instantly identify all other secret homosexuals.

In a trait you can add hidden = yes so that no onr can see it. Or hidden_from_others = yes so only the trait bearer sees it. Or even a full-blown is_visible = {} block determining which conditions a player needs to meet to see the trait on a xharcter who bears it.

• 3 months later...

I have been creating a secret lesbian society for a month now, and as it happens, it is nearly finished. No society for male homosexuals, sorry. Let someone else make it instead :P

That certainly sounds like a very appealing idea to me. Do you plan on publishing it?

Do you plan on publishing it?

Yes! All that needs to be finished for initial release are the loc files and some graphical features. Then there is testing, but it can be done within a couple of days. So within July - early August it should be free for download. Btw, I haven't yet spoken to anyone about the nature of my work, so people reading this thread are literally the first to find out about it.

Archived