A couple of Outfit Studio Newb questions

So I just recently started playing around with Outfit Studio and started mashing armors together, and I need help with a couple of things.

1.) An armor I mashed together looks fine in outfit studio, and nifskope, but when I bring it over to the creationkit or ingame, parts of the mashed armor either float way overhead, or dropped underground. Any ideas how to fix this?

In Outfit Studio/Nifskope: http://imgur.com/7GI90sd

In CK/ingame: http://imgur.com/2U2C4dH

2.) I've succesfully bashed several armors and already placed them ingame via CK. I just recently realized that the armors I made using CBBE curvy as a base (via load outfit), don't have sliders in outfit studio which means I can't use outfit studio to change the body type later on if I want to. Is there any way to fix this without starting over from scratch?

http://imgur.com/JqjSTwV

Thanks

So I just recently started playing around with Outfit Studio and started mashing armors together, and I need help with a couple of things.

1.) An armor I mashed together looks fine in outfit studio, and nifskope, but when I bring it over to the creationkit or ingame, parts of the mashed armor either float way overhead, or dropped underground. Any ideas how to fix this?

In Outfit Studio/Nifskope: http://imgur.com/7GI90sd

In CK/ingame: http://imgur.com/2U2C4dH

2.) I've succesfully bashed several armors and already placed them ingame via CK. I just recently realized that the armors I made using CBBE curvy as a base (via load outfit), don't have sliders in outfit studio which means I can't use outfit studio to change the body type later on if I want to. Is there any way to fix this without starting over from scratch?

http://imgur.com/JqjSTwV

Thanks

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Guides-and-Documentation

Take a look at the link on the above page for Updating Projects for New Sliders

Basically you just match fresh sliders to the parts. Note you can use negatives in sliders.

You could always use the Transform Tool in Outfit Studio (the one that looks like a clock at the 3PM position), to move parts up, down, sideways, et.

Ok so now I'm confused; Read the section you specified and followed the instructions.

I got the sliders back, but whenever I toggle them in Body Slide it only affects the CBBE base, the rest of the parts are unaffected. So if I try to set the slider presets from Curvy to Slim, the CBBE body/reference would adjust accordingly, but the jacket, shirt, skirt, etc. are still set to Curvy.

This was how I originally went about making my armors

1.) Batch build everything in my Data folder to  CBBE Curvy.

2.) In Outfit Studio; I used Load Outfit the base body; which is now CBBE Curvy.

3.) Use Load Outfit to bring in each wanted part (also set to CBBE Curvy), and begin mashing.

4.) Save

I'm thinking my process was the problem why none of the sliders were brought in since I started with Load Outfit, instead of New Project.

With the link above I could bring back the sliders, but they don't conform to the outfit unless I set the preset to CBBE Curvy in Outfit Studio, but when I hit conform sliders, again only affects the body, not the rest of the outfit.

I'm thinking I can fix this by batch building my entire Data folder back to CBBE default, and then remaking the outfits again from scratch, and this time start with "New Project" instead of "Load Outfit". But I'd rather avoid this route since I've already meshed,sculpted, and zapped a considerable amount of outfits.

Ok so now I'm confused; Read the section you specified and followed the instructions.

I got the sliders back, but whenever I toggle them in Body Slide it only affects the CBBE base, the rest of the parts are unaffected. So if I try to set the slider presets from Curvy to Slim, the CBBE body/reference would adjust accordingly, but the jacket, shirt, skirt, etc. are still set to Curvy.

This was how I originally went about making my armors

1.) Batch build everything in my Data folder to  CBBE Curvy.

2.) In Outfit Studio; I used Load Outfit the base body; which is now CBBE Curvy.

3.) Use Load Outfit to bring in each wanted part (also set to CBBE Curvy), and begin mashing.

4.) Save

I'm thinking my process was the problem why none of the sliders were brought in since I started with Load Outfit, instead of New Project.

With the link above I could bring back the sliders, but they don't conform to the outfit unless I set the preset to CBBE Curvy in Outfit Studio, but when I hit conform sliders, again only affects the body, not the rest of the outfit.

I'm thinking I can fix this by batch building my entire Data folder back to CBBE default, and then remaking the outfits again from scratch, and this time start with "New Project" instead of "Load Outfit". But I'd rather avoid this route since I've already meshed,sculpted, and zapped a considerable amount of outfits.

Sounds like the next step would be making a reference, same link used above, but look at the first item "Conversion references and using them".

Also make sure in Outfit Studio that you have selected the part (body, pants, top, et) that you want to effect. Might be as simple as not having selected the right thing when making adjustments.

Thanks looks like that fixed it albeit I'm going to have to do some changes to fix clipping and floating portions.

Thinking that if I can create a new Conversion Reference so I can create a new file using CBBE Curvy as a starting reference instead of CBBE might help and eliminate the use the brushes to fix clipping. Will find out later if this work around does the trick.

Now someone can teach me why some items appear overhead or underground whenever I bring them over to the Creation Kit, and how to fix it. My Google-Fu doesn't seem to yield the correct results.

• 1 year later...

There are literally only two posts on all of google where someone is having this issue. Ive been searching all day, almost 12 hours for a fix to this. Where a part of your outfit stretches up or down, like you said "overheard or underground".

Did you ever find a fix? Im very close to losing my mind. The other post I cannot post in, as its been archived, so this is pretty much it.

I will also be making my own post about this, in case we want this thread to stay dead.

Archived