(Discussion) Clothes and Characterization

stoneeye

(Didn't know a good place to post this text, this section sounds like ''post whatever! Be free!'' , it is about gaming, in a sense!)

We all have that little side on us, the little perversions, and, most of us kinda hide it and its fine, it's harmless, and i'm like that aswell, i've been into these type of stuff for a long time, since a kid really. 

So, as a person who consume sex mods (not a lot), rule34 stuff, draws some smutty questionable stuff, and you know, perversion towards things that dosen't exist, i've always felt like, whenever you see a character, a famous one, like, i dunno, Jill Valentine, Miranda Lawson, Tifa Lockheart or anyone popular, getting boned, they needed at least a part of it's original costume.

See, as character, visually, they are defined by what they wear, not just the hair and face, because they don't truly exist, so, whenever i see a fully naked popular character, it's often...tame, it feels like it's missing something important. And a lot of art\videos out there do keep their clothes, either torn, part of it, or, if a comic or video, they start with it only to loose it, but the clothes were already defined and stated as something that existed by that intro, which is the right way to do it really.
  True to that, I believe that clothes is part of the characterization of a popular character, it's a defining feature, and, i've always wondered if that was just me, or if it was just some ''Clothed sex'' fetish of mine, but, like i talked above, it isn't, the clothes needs to be somewhere, i mean, take matrix and leave everyone naked without sunglasses, is it the same characters? Wasn't those sunglasses and black clothes just a big character on itself?
 Most of said fanarts, videos and etc however, often contains other characters or familiar fitting scenarios that reminds you where it is from, and that generally is enough, but it's not always the case.

In the end, this is just kinda of a text, a rambling of nothing of an artist and consumer of weird shit. Have a good day and, i dunno, you can talk if you want, you made it to the end of this text, so why the heck not, or don't, it's your life and time.

Credits : The art in there is by ''Deep Rising'', it seemed good for comparasion.

post-503789-0-57868800-1488575753_thumb.jpg

Well I could compare that to cosplay and naked cosplay, I've gotta say when they strip they come back to that random person.

Otherwise unless the character has a special face/body/scar/haircut, anything to characterize her without the clothes.

it could be the decor that makes you recognize the character too.

But yeah I agree with you.

Well I could compare that to cosplay and naked cosplay, I've gotta say when they strip they come back to that random person.

Otherwise unless the character has a special face/body/scar/haircut, anything to characterize her without the clothes.

it could be the decor that makes you recognize the character too.

But yeah I agree with you.

Yep, i guess it is kinda worst in cosplays? and fair enough with the scars, or like, if you're really great at drawing, or if you use 3D models like i've said (SFM and stuff), but still, for me it still looses a bit, cause chances are, where said characters are from, you rarely see them nakey. 'Cept like, Chun-Li in that one movie.

Archived