Retexturing mods problem, need help

Raytor

I took it upon myself to retexture a mod. Basically, I wanted something to be black. I downloaded GIMP, and the .dds plug in, followed tutorials but I don't know what I'm doing wrong since my game CTD.

The mod had 3 different DDS files, so I opened the Diffuse Map, by simply dragging it into Gimp. What I then did was I selected an area, and the colorfied that area right-click -> colors -> colorfy.

Afterwards I hit file -> export as -> export  -> replace. I was told to use compression: BC2/DXT3 and for mipmaps: generate mip maps.

When I do this, I replace the dds file in the zip folder with the new dds file and close it. I then install the mod, but when I start the game and load, it crashes.

When I use BC3/DTX5 it crashes on load when I load with a xbox controller, but I don't crash with mouse and keyboard. Either way, afterwards if I play with a controller, the texture gets messed up, almost as if you can see UV map, or some rainbow colors are flickering all over the edited piece.

Please help

EDIT: Must be something incredibly silly on my part. I just opened the dds file in gimp and exported it. Basically, I didn't change a thing. Game still crashes., but when I install the mod brand new it works. I don't even

EDIT 2: Figured it out, just had to save all the dds files associated with the mesh to BC3

Archived