Software that auto-convers Skyrim mods to SSE mods?

znaroks

Looking stuff up online, it seems that pretty much all mods that don't use SKSE, can be successfully converted to SSE, it's just that different types of mods might require different procedures, most mods can be opened in the new SSE CK and saved to complete the process, texture mods can be converted in nifscope, etc.

However, converting an entire loadorder can be a tricky and convoluted process.

How hard would it be, to create software, that would convert an entire mod folder of skyrim mods and convert them to SSE(except the SKSE ones of course), by doing all these processes automatically(opening a mod in the CK, converting files in nifscope) and make a new folder of the freshly converted mods?

Looking stuff up online, it seems that pretty much all mods that don't use SKSE, can be successfully converted to SSE, it's just that different types of mods might require different procedures, most mods can be opened in the new SSE CK and saved to complete the process, texture mods can be converted in nifscope, etc.

However, converting an entire loadorder can be a tricky and convoluted process.

How hard would it be, to create software, that would convert an entire mod folder of skyrim mods and convert them to SSE(except the SKSE ones of course), by doing all these processes automatically(opening a mod in the CK, converting files in nifscope) and make a new folder of the freshly converted mods?

Best blog I've found detailing what needs to change I found at

http://www.dracotorre.com/blog/convert-old-skyrim-mods-for-se/

The SSE Nif Optimizer just works, no fiddling around. Worked for static objects and followers fine for me. Tried it on all my Oldrim mods and no problems converting things I've created over the years. Just make sure you DECHECK subfolders unless you want everything converted. Also make sure that you check Headparts ONLY for headparts (eyes, mouth, hair, brows). Remember to Ctrl-4 export any NPCs within the creation kit to get the facegeom.

Archived