Tall NPCs Hitbox fix ?

Hello lovers!

SE brought back the passion I had to Skyrim, so I started playing again, and with that came  the new found love for making mods.

I came into an issue with this new mod I'm trying to develop.

I'm not sure if there is an easy fix or if it's impossible to even fix it. I'm trying to make a boss NPC, with fancy abilities and visuals, the problem is I want him to be really... tall... like a boss should be. He's Nord Human with 2.0 weight, the problem that comes with this is that, when I put him to fight other NPCs or even when I fight him myself, if u aim for the torso with ranged spells or arrows the projectiles pass trough it, resulting in a miss. It's like the hit-box isn't 2.0 height but still the normal 1.0. If I aim to the legs or melee it to the leg it registers the hit.

Looking for more experienced mod makers that can help out with this problem. Thank you in advance.

Might look into what Spikedragonlord did with his playable giant race, it might answer your question.

Well.. that didn't really help me.

Still looking for help from someone with more experience in modding and how models and hitboxes work.

Have you tried scaling the skeleton instead of altering the scale in the actor/race sheet in the CK?

You will most likely need to make it a unique race so you can link an adjusted skeleton to it.

but it should fix the problem, since if you scale the skeleton you also scale the collision (which is where i'm assuming the problem is).

Have you tried scaling the skeleton instead of altering the scale in the actor/race sheet in the CK?

You will most likely need to make it a unique race so you can link an adjusted skeleton to it.

but it should fix the problem, since if you scale the skeleton you also scale the collision (which is where i'm assuming the problem is).

That is actually a good tip, the boss is already a custom race, so that won't be a problem. I'll give it a try.

Archived