Can't load Skyrim saves after installing Special Edition!!!

See EDIT below

Okay, I tried converting my mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78998/? to work with Skyrim Special Edition. I installed SE, and it's creation kit, then saved my ESP to test it out with Skyrim SE.

Half of my stuff worked (hair, pants, and boots), but the shirt and vest would cause a CTD when equipping (they show up in the inventory fine). I decided to open the original Skyrim (NOT the Special Edition) back up just to double check things with my mod.

However, upon opening Skyrim, when I hit "Continue" or "Load", I am unable to go in game!!!! When the 'load savegame' menu pops up, it shows all my saves, but if I click "load" NOTHING HAPPENS except for a sound verifying I clicked load. I can click "no" to choose a different save to load and that functions fine, but clicking on "load" doesn't nothing. I also can't back out of the 'load savegame' menu, so I have to alt-tab Skyrim and then close the window.

I didn't download any mods or update any mods for Skyrim since last playing, I didn't change my esp on my mod since last loading either.

The only thing that makes sense is that the installation of the Special Edition is interfering with loading.

Has anyone run into this issue? I need to be able to get back into my Skyrim (NOT SPECIAL EDITION) saves so I can continue working on my mod!! Also, I don't think I want to switch to playing the SE yet since SKSE and other important mods aren't out yet.

EDIT:

I just tried hitting "New Game" and it actually loaded up. However, I think it may have something to do with the no load condition (because I still can't load into game from the menu.)

Skyrim isn't recognizing my keyboard anymore for some reason. 

Does anyone have any ideas what would be causing this? I haven't made any hardware changes nor changes in Skyrim's settings (no by myself at least.)

EDIT2:

I had the mod "continue game no crash" for large load lists enabled (it utilizes the kyeboard upon loading). I disabled that and now can load games from the start menu, but the keyboard still does NOT work in game. (It works for anything outside of Skyrim such as the steam overlay and ctr-alt-del stuff.)

Does anyon

Ha.. well now I feel dumb.

After doing INI changes (and making sure the controller was disabled), removing some programs, disabling steam overlay and some other things, I gave up last night. I DID try resarting my computer before, but when leaving my computer off last night and turning it back on today, my keyboard works in Skyrim again.

I believe it probably had to do with some Windows Update that I just remembered happened yesterday without my approval (stupid updates I hate them). It appears that it's working fine now though so that's good. Hopefully I can go back and forth between Skyrim SE and Skyrim without this happening again.

Archived