[mod] DW Kitsune Mod

Lapsa

View File

New thread, because was recommended to use the uploader system thing, sorry

First off, for the description of the kitsune mod:
The kitsune mod is a mod by myself with help from Zia, creator of slavery expanded, in order to bring the kitsune that are missing from core mod to life. So far the mod isn't much, but I hope to be able to continue to add onto and expand it.

Currently the mod features:
- A tail system; kitsune are now immortal and gain tails every 100 years until becoming the mythical nine-tailed fox
- A modified version of the Japanese Invasion mod; special thanks to those modders, this is included in order to actually have kitsune show up in game. I've modified several things from the basic mod including adding a separate kingdom for the emperor of Japan who now acts as the head of the Shinto religion.
- A basic magic system that advances along with your character; There isn't much to look at now, but I've already gotten things planned. Each spell will grow more powerful as your character advances in either age or wisdom.
- A separate (OPTIONAL) portrait file to add portraits for kitsune
- Events to seed kitsune throughout Europe
- I'm probably forgetting something!

Known issues:
- some things might be missing localization, some of these files I merely updated to work from a mod I created for myself a few years ago.
- Shinto has no holy sites, please recommend holy sites (preferably with at least four being in India/Afghanistan) for me to use.
- The special title I use for the Japanese Imperial family and head of the Shinto religion is always active even though it should only activate via event, so you can see the Imperial family before you are supposed to.
- There are not a lot of portraits (if you want to help out in that end and make the portrait files yourself I just might make them 'official' to the submod, so to speak)

Planned features:
- Zenko and Yako lifestyles. Zenko are holy kitsune that either serve Inari or the general good while Yako, commonly called Nogitsune, are evil pranksters or generally self-serving.
--- Events for Zenko to hunt down Yako within their realms to add some flavour
- A special Buddhist heresy
- More cultures - Korean, Manchu, and Ainu to just add more diversity to the rather bland setting in the Japanese side of things
- If both parents are kitsune, child will always be kitsune
- Much much more, suggestions welcome though they are not guaranteed to be added

Files included below:
- The mod WORKS ONLY WITH 2.5.2 - It MIGHT work with 2.6.1, but it is not officially supported yet (I can't afford the new dlc so there is no purpose for me to update, sorry)
- Some shitty Portraits (again, if you want to make some yourself I might include them here. Full anthro, neko, anthro-realistic all welcome. Ideally I'd like to have variants for all three so people can choose which file they want for their personal tastes)
- A modified traits.txt* for the core game to make more children of kitsune parents kitsune until I figure out how to fix that. Changes chance from 25 to 40. Considering before it was zero I hope there won't be any complaints and maybe it will even be changed in the base mod.

*if you have any submods that modify or include their own dw_traits.txt file such as hentai mod, you will need to go in any edit that one yourself!

ALSO YOU WILL NEED DARK WORLD FOR THIS TO WORK!

Credits for kitsune:
- Zia, for help with events
- The Japanese Invasion mod team
- Some years old SU stuff, so thanks to that team

View File

Sounds interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this in the future for sure.

Sadly in it's current state I can't get the mod to work on my end, I get an infinite amount of popups for the Japanese invasion event and can't close them :(

I'll be looking out for updates and see if I can get those to work! 

Sadly in it's current state I can't get the mod to work on my end, I get an infinite amount of popups for the Japanese invasion event and can't close them :(

Hmmmm, well the Japanese invasion I merely copied over from the mod it is from event wise. It might be a localization issue so I'll take a look at it.

In the meantime you could just delete the events and spawn in kitsune via console to test out the other things.

Alright, just to make sure:

What other mods were you using?

And what version of the game were you running?

I can run the mod just fine. Event fired like it should. If you are getting a blank window with no options that tends to be an issue with incompatible mods or wrong game version. 

This mod was made for version: 2.5.2 , however It works just fine for me in 2.6.1. The only thing that seems to be broken in 2.6.1 is portraits for the certain cultures. But that is due to the portrait mod form darkworld not being updated for new portraits and not this mods fault.

I have a small question, how do i become a kitsune. Is there a way to trigger an event or do i need to add the trait via console?

To be a kitsune you have to use console commands or wait until the Japanese invasion triggers and switch to playing as one of the kitsune that spawns during it. You also might be able to marry a kitsune from one of the random events and try to have a kitsune heir - given the events work.

Also, just a note. Currently I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how to fix the issue of Japanese empires not being called dynastyname shogunate, Japanese rulers not using the appropriate coat of arms and shields, or the broken event localization. Help would be appreciated.

I'm using all sub-mods to DW, DW core 1.40 and Christianity mod 1.5.0 as well as the DW hentai submod 1.20 on CK 2.5.2

I've tried removing DW hentai sub mod and christianity mod just now. DW hentai has no effect what so ever.

Removing christianity mod just makes the invasion never happen, waited 10 years with nothing. 

Noticed something interesting too, in this mass spam of events, some of them actually do have buttons to use, it's all random event triggers. I have to go through a ton of empty events first to get to them though.

I'm using all sub-mods to DW, DW core 1.40 and Christianity mod 1.5.0 as well as the DW hentai submod 1.20 on CK 2.5.2

I've tried removing DW hentai sub mod and christianity mod just now. DW hentai has no effect what so ever.

Removing christianity mod just makes the invasion never happen, waited 10 years with nothing. 

Removing Kitsune mod removes the issue all together. 

Noticed something interesting too, in this mass spam of events, some of them actually do have buttons to use, it's all random event triggers. I have to go through a ton of empty events first to get to them though.

Well this definitely isn't made for the Christianity mod. I don't use it and the invasion fires. It isn't made for the mod and DW kitsune wasn't made around it.

And other people have shown me what happens when they get the invasion and they only have a few events fire with the option 'troubling'. Can you please let me know exactly what other mods you are using besides DWkitsune?

Well this definitely isn't made for the Christianity mod. I don't use it and the invasion fires. It isn't made for the mod and DW kitsune wasn't made around it.

And other people have shown me what happens when they get the invasion and they only have a few events fire with the option 'troubling'. Can you please let me know exactly what other mods you are using besides DWkitsune?

All of the DW mods (futa, creatures of the night, court and commerce, Lilith, portraits and fairy tales), DW hentai mod 1.20 and christianity mod 1.50 as well as ruler designer unlocked. That's all of 'em.

Where exactly would I place the optional files? The mod itself? Or overwriting the respective DW files?

The portraits should overwrite the portraits file from the portrait add on for DW, and the traits.txt should be placed over the original trailts found in DW core. But as I said if you have hentai mod you'll have to edit it manually.

All of the DW mods (futa, creatures of the night, court and commerce, Lilith, portraits and fairy tales), DW hentai mod 1.20 and christianity mod 1.50 as well as ruler designer unlocked. That's all of 'em.

Okay, try turning off the christianity mod and the unlocked mod.

So the Japanese invasion failed. Can I still seed Kitsune throughout Europe? As well, why does the spawned Kitsune not have the immortal trait?

They do, the tail trails grant immortality. I think using the immortal trait separate is messy and just adds unneeded work.

And...they should still seed even if the invasion fails. There should be events for rulers along the silk road to get a random event where a kitsune can possibly join their court. Its always a female though.

Other than that you could take a few random Indian rulers and make them Kitsune.

So the Japanese invasion failed. Can I still seed Kitsune throughout Europe? As well, why does the spawned Kitsune not have the immortal trait?

They do, the tail trails grant immortality. I think using the immortal trait separate is messy and just adds unneeded work.

And...they should still seed even if the invasion fails. There should be events for rulers along the silk road to get a random event where a kitsune can possibly join their court. Its always a female though.

Other than that you could take a few random Indian rulers and make them Kitsune.

Thanks! Good to know. I just moved the Kitsune from the empire of Japan into my court. Too bad I was not along the silk road.

Thanks! Good to know. I just moved the Kitsune from the empire of Japan into my court. Too bad I was not along the silk road.

I plan on adding more stuff and more ways for Kitsune to be seeded, but I really want to fix the current issues first with the localization for japanese empires and some of the events and the Japanese rulers using the wrong coat of arms.

Good news - I fixed the coat of arms issues

Bad news - I found out that something I did with the flags messed up all the flags and I don't know how to fix it.

The next up date is pending, it won't be big, just that one fix and an event to ensure that if both a kid's parents are kitsune than they are also a kitsune. But I'd like to not have to remove the Japanese invasion stuff since it offers a great way to seed kitsune into the game. Any help would be appreciated.

I finally got a chance to test my own mod, and for some reason all the rulers along the silk road slowly became shinto. I'm not sure how or why this happened but I really don't want to upload a new version until I get it right. I'm not a modder but I'll try -after all if I don't do it it won't happen. x3

• 1 month later...

I'm not completely adept at dealing with the portrait files, but is there a way for me to change it so that the portraits are set in the 5th or 6th ReMeDy portrait file? I'm using the werewolf portrait mod, and it overwrites one of them.

I did this at first myself, it's not hard just go into events Kitsetup.txt and edit the portraits to match the ones you want to use from the werewolf mod.

I was more referring to using both of them at the same time. Such as using one of the like 4 empty portrait image files for the kitsune images instead.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps at some point, I do want to see kitsune merged into the DW group of mods and I also have the brainwashing/hypno mod that I want to complete as well that so far only has traits and ideas scribbled down.

The problem is I ran into several issues that I couldn't fix or get help to fix. On top of that, I make money by writing erotic stories so I've been devoting more effort into that...I'm not much of a coder as well so things that require fixing up events or making event chains is damn near impossible for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Question:I have DW and all the submods.Everything seems to work with the Kitsune mod except for the texts of the events and the portraits.Does anyone know how to fix this?If this is related to editing the hentai submod,can someone please tell me what should be done step by step?I'm not quite sure what should be done based on the discussion here.

Perhaps at some point, I do want to see kitsune merged into the DW group of mods and I also have the brainwashing/hypno mod that I want to complete as well that so far only has traits and ideas scribbled down.

The problem is I ran into several issues that I couldn't fix or get help to fix. On top of that, I make money by writing erotic stories so I've been devoting more effort into that...I'm not much of a coder as well so things that require fixing up events or making event chains is damn near impossible for me.

Merging it all into the DW stuff would be awesome. Also a fan of brainwashing/hypno, so it looks like good things to come in future.

I haven't done much modding with ck2 yet, but it's something I'd be willing to learn to make such mods a reality, just in case you ever want help.

By the way, do the stories you write contain the aforementioned materials? If so,  feel free to put a link somewhere where one could test read and possibly support such endeavours.

Some of them are rather extreme, so I don't know if I'd be able to post them up here.

Also yes, I had lots of ideas scribbled down as well as potential ways to make hypno/brainwashing a more dynamic thing than just 'bing' and its done.

You are free to send me a note if you so desire and we can chat on skype, discord, or steam.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived