[Sims 3] Game fails to reload game : a pattern?

Some time ago, I had a big problem : the game always failed to reload my saved game. If I had to close the game, I could never come back to it.

Recently I tried to start fresh by uninstalling the game and restarting everything from scratch. I installed as few mods as possible (which included KinkyWorld) but I encountered the bug anyway. However this time, after a few tests, I succeeded in reloading my game. I think I may have found a pattern.

So far, it seems that if I delete the cache files and then try to load my game, it will FAIL. But then I close the program, restart it and load my game again, it SUCCEEDS. It seems like my savegames will not work immediately after recreating the cache files...

I was curious if some of you encountered a similar behaviour. Does it make sense to you? Am I on the right track to get a grasp on my problem?

• 1 month later...

I can't say I "solved" my problem, but I managed it. The pattern I described has worked everytime so far, so I stopped searching and enjoyed my game has is.

From memory, the error messages was something like : "A serious error occurred while loading. Close the game". It was a Sims3 message, not a Windows message.

Archived