Hilarious "bug"

zniachtl

My game ctd'd. Which is not uncommon with games that use esm/esp files.

Hilarious part: The AFTERMATH!

Enjoy and laugh your ani off:

1. I looked at SysTray, Ressources symbol utterly CALM (thus avast was this time not to blame - sometimes it activates heavy cpu)

2. I saw Steam bugging me with newest client update. Thought, ok, just the main client.

3. I restarted NV - failed to launch and froze. ALT+TAB (I play in window mode), Kill Task in taskmgr

4. I repeated #3 about 10x.

5. I rebooted.

6. Like #3.

7. I thought...... hmmm...... maybe my latest savegame is to blame, no idea how I even got the idea, saves dont influence the game before being loaded (like saves with long gone mods lingering around from months ago). Moved my save files + the extender .csv save away.

8. Started NV - fail. Repeat 100x

9. Nyaaaargh. Change game. Start Skyrim

-> Fail! The simultaneously suddenly launched 100x "enbhost" from NV before, which in taskmgr competed with each other and with the Skyrim one.

10. The popups from the enbhost Army were so fast, I could not keep up with clicking them away.

11. Reboot.

12. This time I did NOT launch any game before my SysTray was done (after #5 I apparently forgot to wait for GFexperience to get its "!" signaling a new driver available) and voila! Everything worked fine.

Lesson: Never be too fast with continuing the previous stuff after a reboot.

Archived