5.1 surround setup

Afro68

Hello, I was playing skyrim with just my 2.1 speaker setup and I got lucky and got a 5.1 optical speaker system from a guy relocating on craigslist. I have an optical output on my motherboard. I've slowly got alot of my other games working in 5.1 but for some reason I can't get skyrim to go in 5.1. Is there something I'm missing? I actually got my Sims game to go in 5.1 mode....ROFL. Thanks for any help guys.

Did you make the correct setup in windows? Open your audio configuration in the control panel and check you are using a 5.1 audio configuration. That the first step, discard the possibility of a windows related problem.
If everything is ok and you still have that problem, it could be because of the drivers, a lot of people have problem with audio codecs. A fresh install of realtek or razer audio driver (depending on the system) is the best solution.
Skyrim should recognize the audio 5.1 automatically if everything is ok.

Archived