Poor Performance And Random BSOD,s

Dee383

Ok Folks I Have A Few Questions Regarding Performance Issues And Iregular And Random BSOD,s

My PC Is 6 Years Old And Still Running On Windows XP ...

Can A Faulty PSU Cause Iregular BSOD,s And Poor Performance ( My Dual Core Is Performing Like A Single Core )

And When I Mean Iregular & Random I Can Recieve 1-5 BSOD,s Today , Yet Tommorow I Probly Wont Get Any ...

And When The BSOD,s Happen They Have Random Reasons .........

Sometimes It Wont Boot UP Properly And Other Times No Problems With BootIng Up ....

I Recently Replaced The Memory,,, Defragmented Hard Drives And Reformated And Reinstalled Windows And It Still

Has The Same Problems ......

Any Help Will Be Appreciated Thank You .....

If the output on the PSU gets weak due to age, and after 3-5 years, most PC hardware starts to fail, then you could easily be having those kinds of issues with low voltage or low amps. Installing a new PSU is not too hard with most PC's being based on SATA , PCI and PCIE. You should be able to pick up a decent 500 watt for under $35.00. A good one that will have a separate 12Voltt rail for a higher end video card will cost more, usually under $100.00 for a good 700Watt.

Could you tell us the spec of your PC, it would help greatly. It isn't possible to directly pinpoint the problem down to the PSU without knowing what else you have. 

But PSU is normally the problem child. If you're using an old crappy PSU, possibly from an even older build, the capacitors may have degraded over time; significantly decreasing output. 

Archived