Blender 2.old UV mapping

AngerBear

I've been working in blender 2.49. Yes it's old, but why upgrade when you're still trying to figure it out. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

I've managed in the past to make minor edits to meshes and export into game as failed experiments, some coming so close yet so far away.

I've imported two separate meshes, moved them into position to edit, hit "J" to join, selected vertices, "F" to link, deleted faces--all the simple stuff, but when I join the meshes and try to map the UV to export the file for further editing in nifskope so that when I test the file in game, it's not a crazy bright red triangle of death, I get this hideous triangle of blue in the UV editor in blender. The wire frames of the mesh's UV map are visible as well. Is that hideous triangle a problem?

I can't delete it. I can't scale it ("s") because blender seems to multiply the vertices of sed hideous blue triangle and turn it into a swastika of F-U. Before I continue to edit a test mesh in blender 2.49 and try to upload it into the game, should I be wary of this blue triangle of doom? I have seen it before. I have seen it replicate itself as a red triangle of F-U after hours of meddling with the program.

Any hints, tips or ideas that don't involve 3DS Max 2012 or 20blah blah blah?

I've been working in blender 2.49. Yes it's old, but why upgrade when you're still trying to figure it out. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

I've managed in the past to make minor edits to meshes and export into game as failed experiments, some coming so close yet so far away.

I've imported two separate meshes, moved them into position to edit, hit "J" to join, selected vertices, "F" to link, deleted faces--all the simple stuff, but when I join the meshes and try to map the UV to export the file for further editing in nifskope so that when I test the file in game, it's not a crazy bright red triangle of death, I get this hideous triangle of blue in the UV editor in blender. The wire frames of the mesh's UV map are visible as well. Is that hideous triangle a problem?

I can't delete it. I can't scale it ("s") because blender seems to multiply the vertices of sed hideous blue triangle and turn it into a swastika of F-U. Before I continue to edit a test mesh in blender 2.49 and try to upload it into the game, should I be wary of this blue triangle of doom? I have seen it before. I have seen it replicate itself as a red triangle of F-U after hours of meddling with the program.

Any hints, tips or ideas that don't involve 3DS Max 2012 or 20blah blah blah?

Why don't you post some screenshots? Anyway you're better off using a more recent version of blender, 2.49b is only good for importing/exporting.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually figured it out. It was due to multiple un merged vertices, whereas I had previously joined two faces from two separate meshes in an attempt to make a single mesh. Each joined face produced its own "uv mappable " set of vertices. After strenuous research, I have been able to resolve the issue. This has been predicessory to attempting to make SOS independent of any esp, which has now proven successful--but sans esp., there is no magic effects on the shclong. Sex Lab takes care of that with the existent .hkf files and respective file structures I have ripped from the SOS mod.

The whole tirade into experiment was simply to stop CTD on fast travel, which I am currently decided is due to overlapping script issues. My attempt was to also remove slot 52 issues, which also seems to have been successful since there is no longer a need of an .esp to load an armor addon. All texture files have been properly edited via PS CS6: body, .sk, .s, .msn dds extentions. 

The current mesh contains a single NiTriShape instead of two NiTriShapes: the latter of the two containing the MaleGenitals NiTri as part of the 0 NiNode NiTriShape. (I used SOS Light BTW--due to CTD issues."

The base NiNode still works in conjunction with the auxbones files and all .hkf files within it via BGED NiStringExtraData. 

HTD is my current problem to resolve. 

Thanks!

Archived