3DS Max Trouble

I'm trying to edit the Apex Werewolf mesh to fit my character, but whenever I try to lad it in game I end up with what I've attached to the post. What really baffles me is that when I load the mesh in nifskope the textures load just fine. I'm kind of new to modding and what not so please be as specific as possible. I used 3DS Max to edit and export the mesh. Please help! Thanks. 

post-514878-0-65811700-1406645392_thumb.jpg

post-514878-0-55537700-1406645401_thumb.jpg

you're missing a few necessary modifiers.

if you don't apply a vertex paint modifier and paint the entire mesh make sure to deselect vertex colours on the 3ds nif exporter,

ensure you export the mesh with a smoothing group, 2 is good for skinned meshes.

also, after exporting to nif, in nifskope make sure you copy the BSLightingShaderProperty from the previous model into the new one,

replacing the previous one because the 3ds max nif exporter may mess up the UV scaling, texture alpha and another thing or two...

you're missing a few necessary modifiers.

if you don't apply a vertex paint modifier and paint the entire mesh make sure to deselect vertex colours on the 3ds nif exporter,

ensure you export the mesh with a smoothing group, 2 is good for skinned meshes.

also, after exporting to nif, in nifskope make sure you copy the BSLightingShaderProperty from the previous model into the new one,

replacing the previous one because the 3ds max nif exporter may mess up the UV scaling, texture alpha and another thing or two...

Thanks for the response! I'm really new at this though. I do know how to apply a smothing group, but after that I'm lost. How do I copy the BSLightingShaderProperty? And how do U apply a vertex paint modifier to paint the entire mesh? Sorry I'm so useless lol.

wouldn't it be fantastic if i had the time to impart my years of 3ds max wisdom and experience upon thee... 

too bad...

noob crash course -->

I wish lol. Thanks.

nah just kidding...

First, export from 3d Studio max without the Vertex Paint checkbox ticked in the exporter.

copying the BSLightingShaderProperty  from the old model in nifskope :

post-91790-0-79515900-1406647090.png

you need to do this for all the NiTriShape nodes in the mesh

remove the BSLightingShaderProperty from the new model, you need to do this for all NiTriShape nodes in the mesh

post-91790-0-59243100-1406647386.png

Then paste the BSLightingShaderProperty in place of the old one, make sure you click on the NiTriShape first

post-91790-0-22828600-1406647469.png

you're lucky i had nifskope open, i happen to be making some new jewelry for my wife er i mean toon...

and if you still have trouble, watch the vids...

wouldn't it be fantastic if i had the time to impart my years of 3ds max wisdom and experience upon thee... 

too bad...

noob crash course -->

I wish lol. Thanks.

nah just kidding...

First, export from 3d Studio max without the Vertex Paint checkbox ticked in the exporter.

copying the BSLightingShaderProperty  from the old model in nifskope :

post-91790-0-79515900-1406647090.png

you need to do this for all the NiTriShape nodes in the mesh

remove the BSLightingShaderProperty from the new model, you need to do this for all NiTriShape nodes in the mesh

post-91790-0-59243100-1406647386.png

Then paste the BSLightingShaderProperty in place of the old one, make sure you click on the NiTriShape first

post-91790-0-22828600-1406647469.png

you're lucky i had nifskope open, i happen to be making some new jewelry for my wife er i mean toon...

and if you still have trouble, watch the vids...

Thank you! Hopefully one day i'll be making jewels for my wife...I mean toon too

Archived