[Request] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Artifact Armors and Relic Weapons

Honestly, ever since I saw the AF armors (especially the AF+1 sets) I've been wondering when, if ever, they might hit skyrim. I mean, anyone who has seen the Warrior AF+1 armor might agree with how awesome it'd look swinging around large axes in Skyrim. There's also the Relic weapons, some of which look freaking awesome. In the same vein as Warrior, the Bravura would be sick to have. Just some ideas for the people looking for mods to make.

Stuff I'd personally ask for would be (in order of most desireable to least):

Warrior AF/AF+1 and Relic
White Mage AF/AF+1
Paladin AF/AF+1 and Relics (both sword and shield)
Dragoon AF/AF+1 and Relic (Are there any lance/spear mods out there, complete with animations?)
Bard Relic (would a folding bow be possible? This might be tenative)

Of course whatever gets made would be up to whoever might decide to pick this up.

I already have it worked out in my head how these would be craftable too and a sort of progression in each gear set. The problem is placement tier wise and stat values, which I'm sure can be worked out easily.

While I don't expect anyone to just scoop this up (due to this being a first post and probably rather demanding... >_< ), I am somewhat hopeful someone might show some interest in it. If anyone IS interested, feel free to contact me and we can chat about details. If no one does pick this up, then that's just as well. This is most likely a bad way to start off my posting on this thread... but I wanted to ask anyway, just to get the idea out there. Either way, cheers.

This would be amazing but the compression method that Square Enix has developed for the new .DAT files has proven to be an absolute nightmare to unpack and repack properly and as far as I know, nobody has been able to do it yet so meshes and textures would all have to be handmade from scratch. On a side note I used to make mods for FFXI and I'm been trying to learn the new tools (NifScope) so I could port a bunch of the armors from XI over to Skyrim and sadly I have only seen the Eisen set, but if anyone knows a really good in depth tutorial for NifScope that would be a major help.

P.S. I'm still keeping my eyes out for a working .DAT unpacker for ARR, assuming I can get the hang of NifScope I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, wow. I should have checked back more often. I'm glad there's interest, though it's a bummer about the .DAT stuff. I do wonder though, because there's apparently a site out there with models of the armor freely viewable. I tried to link it in my original post any way I could but the board told me no. :/

Edit: Try searching "XIVDB Warrior AF 2 model" on Google and check the first few links. Makes me think someone out there has SOMETHING... So yeah. Cool thing is it has all the AF/AF+1 sets there. Just wish it helped at all.

Yeah, there are a couple weapons and armor sets aside from the AF/AF2 I'd like to see (like the Foestriker set), but I think asking this of anyone right now is a big enough thing. I wouldn't want to add more to the request and make it look even less appealing to do than it already is. :x Lack of assets aside, anyway.

There's a few other sets that were done from FFXI to Oblivion. Technically if someone ripped the armors from FFXI you could in theory use Mudbox to make higher quality meshes from the FFXI models though the textures would need to be redone.

I think people HAVE ripped models from FFXIV (I'm pretty sure I've seen Miqo'te MMDs before?). That said I'm working on Lightning's DLC Miqo'te outfit at the moment. Mostly to use with my mithra follower Tula.

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks later, all I have is a site (XIVModels) that freely allows people to look at in game models. While I hate to go this route, is there any way to maybe pull the data from that site? I figure I rather ask this and get a "No" in response rather than sit on the question and never have it asked for answered. While I rather not go that route, aside from that and someone suddenly popping up and revealing they're a dataminer... There's also simply contacting the people behind the site and asking if they're willing to help us, and yet somehow I'm rather sure anyone would get a no due to any number of reasons.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't mean to necro or anything, but I've stumbled across this little project elsewhere: http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2878-ffxiv-20-dat-mining/

If anyone can make heads or tails of things there (code and programing is NOT my strong suit; high school sophmore year taught me that), and could maybe pull something out of it all I'd be highly appreciative. Not only that, but I'd also want to get into contact with you regarding the resources and what direction the mod could take (I'm very open to the idea of working together with others on this). I've been brainstorming a lot over this and have a number of things in mind.

Update: Seems they're nearing the point where extracting models and meshes will be possible. I'll watch the thread and see how things go.

To give an idea, I have most weapons worked out. Currently one lacks any ability/effect, as I can't really think of one for it. Armors are in a similar boat, as two have incomplete bonuses. I'm not stating which weapon or armors... I'll leave you to guess. I have it all written down and saved though, so no worries.

A more advanced form might have this stuff tied to quests and even have its own dedicated area (just a small one). However that would require someone good with quests.

Archived