How to use a NPC's appearance for my character?

nero_tye

Hi  I'm new to modding and stuff, I've recently downloaded some good looking NPCs and I want to use their appearances for my own character, is it possible and if it is can you guys show me how to do it?

A link to a detailed tutorial would be nice as well :D

Thanks!

You're in luck the Author of Race Menu mad a plugin for his mod for me that lets you copy an NPCs face presets and applies them to your character it's under the optional files but you will need the main file as well I believe.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29624

I've just install the Race Menu and its Mimic Plugin but still haven't figured out how it works... the author says something like we have to equip a spell via console but it's a bit too complicated for me as I'm new to this ~.~

Edit: hey I've figured it out! have to open the console and type help "face copy" 0 then equip it eg player.equipspell 4c000d63 right

But it turns out I can only copy the face of the vanilla characters, I just want to copy the downloaded npcs from the other mods but it seems impossible now...  

There is also a full, beginner-friendly & easy to use CK tutorial available here:

J-U-I-C-E Tutorial - How to Make A Skyrim Character That Looks Like Any NPC in the Game

Thank you very much! I'm trying to learn the whole thing now :D

Edit: I've found out how to do it thanks to the link you provided, but as I said above, I can only use the vanilla npcs as presets, not the npcs from downloaded mods... anyway thanks for your help!

I'm pretty sure that's do-able... have you tried loading the plugin (.esp) for the follower mod when you selected the Data files in the CK? :)

AFTERTHOUGHT: If you do, be sure not to accidentally set the mod's file to "Active" - just load it up as one of the data files you want to use. Save any changes you make to a new .esp. ;)

Hey thank you for your suggestion :D Yeah I've tried that, load the esp file in the CK, duplicate the follower and and him/her to the race preset list. After that I saved the new esp and activate it in the data files loading list. Then I create a new game, select the preset but it just looks somehow similar to the original follower from the mod... 

Still no luck but I still haven't given up on this yet :D

Hope to hear more from you guys :D

Bear in mind that if the mod in question is using a whole ton of "required" mods, they're probably not going to show up in the CK as being present on the model. What you will likely need to do is still manually select hair, tints (makeup), eyes, etc. in the "showracemenu" in-game. What you're basically getting is a "port" of the facial structure settings unless you're piling in all the other appearance mods in the CK Data list as well - which you *can* technically do, but it's not necessarily 100% reliable. Since it's for a player character though it's likely easier & more foolproof to get the structure right & then manually tweak character appearance in-game.

Archived