Probably a dumb question but need help

Cozy

I have two mods with equipment that uses the same armor slot. Now back in Oblivion this was an easy fix with the CS, merely change the slot and you have a fix.

However I am new to Skyrim and when I try to change the location of either of the modded items in the CS they simply vanish in game. Both items use slot 48 in the CS. Now I've tried changing the location on both in armor and armor addons not to mention by double clicking the model in armor addons and changing that as well. The item still doesn't appear.

So... What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to use the Construction KIT for Skyrim the CS won't work for Skyrim.

I'm currently using the Creation Kit from Steam that was seemingly intended for Skyrim. I'm not using the Oblivion CS just to verify, I was merely stating that I had used that in the past. Unless their is a specific kit for Skyrim that I am missing? I'll look around I suppose.

You need to change the partitions in the BSDismemberSkinInstance with nifskope to the same slot that you picked in the CK.

Untitled-30_zpsa7d9c3f0.png

Aha! Thank you so much! This makes sense too. I'm not the greatest with Nifskope but I am sure I can figure this out.

Thanks again. :)

Ooh, thanx for asking that Cozy. I've been needing that information. You're a real pal!

Thanx for the info Vioxsis! Now i can mix and match body armor! Now i just need to figure out how to remove Tops or Bottoms of armor meshes. Its really annoying how this game combines the shirts and pants to 1 body armor.

Edit: Providing i can fix this dam nifskope bug i seem to have. Lately every time i edit a piece of armor in nifskope, the armor gets really bad graphical glitches making it almost impossible to use in the game. I've been asking around the forums, but no one responded.

uh... i gained a little bit of info. I think it has to do with accidentily removing bones along with the armor meshes in nifskope. However, i'm clueless on how to separate the meshes from the bones.

I deleted my glitching armor meshes from my skyrim folder, put the backup meshes back in. Ran the game to test it out. Armors worked fine. I closed down skyrim, loaded up nifskope, edited the backed up files by removing the branch that i didnt want, went back in game, and armors were back to being glitchy.

After snooping around, i found a site with someone having a similar issue.

This is the thread: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/629743-nifskope-tweaking-models/

So they say something about the meshes being connected to the bones and deleting bones as well. So i need to find a way to remove the mesh from the bone so the bone wont be effected.

Edit: So Vioxsis, do you know anything about removing bones from meshes? I'm at a standstill and dont know what to do. I have a couple screenshots of the graphical glitches on my thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=15534

hmm... all of them? I have like 3 different nifs i edited. Wait, 4 now. Except the 4th one doenst have a backup. I found it like it is.

Edit1: Lemme zip them up.

Edit2: Ok, seems i DO have a backup of the 4th one.

Edit3: Do you need the texture files too? Or just the nifs?

AHA! Another lead! I got a response on my nexus thread. someone says it could be my bodyweight. Which that's around the time i changed it from 100 to 99 for a spriggan armor (which i dont have anymore).

Cross your fingers, wish me luck.. I'M GOING IN!

SUCCESS! THAT's what my problem was. It was a weight problem. Someone needs to put this on a troubleshooting issue, i couldnt find an answer to this problem for so long. So if someone else has the problem.. they're gonna have a hard time finding a solution.

You need to change the partitions in the BSDismemberSkinInstance with nifskope to the same slot that you picked in the CK.

Untitled-30_zpsa7d9c3f0.png

A little late, and perhaps redundant because I already thanked you... Still, Vioxsis thank you so much once again. I'm really awful when it comes to nifskope and adding the picture in as kind of tutorial saved me from totally getting lost, and in the end now I can set up items as I see fit which is a huge plus!

So thanks again.

Archived