4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Having updated a rather large number of mods to new versions, often with new and surprising features, I find my game has developed the habit of constantly making the metallic "whoom" sound from triggering a magical event. It happens consistently when I enter or leave certain areas, including in wilderness. In some places a LOT. Outside the entrance to Helgen keep, it goes crazy. The mara status in LAL also has a zone around it that does it.

Also, sometimes when it happens, the character pops into third person view if they weren't already in it.

Does anyone know if SLS does this? Or some other mod?

I removed RND and replaced it with KuNeruNomu.

I went from SS+ to SS++

I replaced RP with Sex Worker's Life.

I added "Fertility Adventures".

I replaced DiD with Peril.

And amongst other things updated all the DBF mods, including the Dibella ones, SL Stories, Hormones, Parasites, etc.

Does this issue sound like any of those things?

The third person view swap makes me think of SLS and STA ... maybe something somewhere is thinking of spanking me when it happens?

Also, if I have certain ENBs in, approaching the Mara statue in LAL makes the lighting go all monochrome, like some kind of nighteye thing is kicking in (though I'm a human).

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Uh, also, I have a real "bug". Defining the wheel menu key in SLS doesn't change it. It remains G, no matter what I define. Is that normal?

I was getting this, it's the newest update to Skyrim Utility Mod. There's an automatic night eye option that triggers when you move into a certain light level.

You can deactivate it in the menu.

22 minutes ago, sleep247 said:

I was getting this, it's the newest update to Skyrim Utility Mod. There's an automatic night eye option that triggers when you move into a certain light level.

You can deactivate it in the menu.

Thanks, that's saved me a lot of time isolating the responsible mod.

Really helpful.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

the habit of constantly making the metallic "whoom" sound from triggering a magical event. It happens consistently when I enter or leave certain areas, including in wilderness. In some places a LOT. 

Think you could upload a sample of the sound? Either a short in-game capture or the audio file itself (if you know where it is in the folder structure). That'd make it a lot easier to recognize and then I could probably rule out a lot of mods.  

5 minutes ago, firepunch1 said:

Think you could upload a sample of the sound? Either a short in-game capture or the audio file itself (if you know where it is in the folder structure). That'd make it a lot easier to recognize and then I could probably rule out a lot of mods. 

It's fine. See above. Already found the cause.

SUM says that the auto-nighteye is set to Manual mode (must turn on and off with wheel menu or hotkey) by default when you look in the MCM.

However, the real behavior does not match the initial MCM state.

In reality it is enabled as automatic by default and causes a lot of trouble.

It looked bad to me, because the ENBs I used need patching for Nighteye to look right, and I didn't do that patching because I didn't intend to use Nighteye.

Also Lanterns of Skyrim means that it happens everytime you go out of a lantern radius and turns off when you enter one.

But in some places, for no obvious reason, it triggers with the slightest movement.

I don't think it's a good mechanic.

Once I set it to disabled instead of manual, the problem went away.

I still have an issue with suddenly popping into third person though. That seems unrelated to the Nighteye issue and does not make sounds.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

It's fine. 

Good to hear.

I still have an issue with suddenly popping into third person though. That seems unrelated to the Nighteye issue and does not make sounds.

I can't exactly pinpoint what might be causing that one but looking through the list you posted earlier I can eliminate two of them with reasonably high certainty as I've used them extensively on a couple different setups:

removed RND and replaced it with KuNeruNomu.

went from SS+ to SS++

replaced RP with Sex Worker's Life.

added "Fertility Adventures".

replaced DiD with Peril.

Out of the remaining ones an issue I know of (that kept me from personally using KuNeruNomu's) is that it's wholly incompatible with Frostfall, so if you're using that it might be the culprit. There's also a chance that it could be Sex Worker's Life if you're also running Sexlab Utiliy Plus as they aren't compatible out of the box, although someone made a patch here:

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Yeeessss... But as I pointed out, those edits don't do anything useful for SLS. They are not edits that add perks, they are changes in combat styles.

I'm guessing they are a result of the CK carrying over data it shouldn't, or are simply wild.

The game engine doesn't know about merge patches and stuff so it is designed to fully copy any form you change in its entirety to your new plugin even the parts you didn't change. But because it is a full copy those extra items 'should' be the same as the original item. 

But if MM1 make his changes in CK without USLEEP active he would have copied the skyrim.esm version. Its not a wild edit or anything it's just leapfrog of the USLEEP changes. xEdit will tell you that is what happened by making the record red which is its way of saying that something you had changed got changed again. Normally something like wrye bash would fix that but SLS isn't marked for bashing so you have to fix it manually. 

Hey I thought I would check in here and find where in the load order Survival should go.   LOOT places it quite high in my load order, above most quest mods and with cutting room floor.  I have pared down my modlist, was stable at over 400 esps, down to just over 250 and I am getting really buggy results from Survival.  So either it really hates something in my load order that doesn't show up in Xedit, LOOT is intalling it in the wrong place, or it is in fact, unstable.  Judging by the amount of people here who seem to know what they are talking about, I am guessing it is one of the first two. 

I have manually dragged it down with LAL and Complete crafting overhaul.  So from priority 63 down to priority 178.  My thought is that Survival is more about game mechanics like the two previously mentioned mods, then quest or added content, though obviously it contains both.

I will post back with results, if this goes unanswered.

The Race records are from the skyrim.esm and i am guessing are just left-over from before the Legendary Edition.  I personally believe that you should edit the race records to correspond with USSEP/USLEEP as otherwise they can and will create black faced NPCs.  If you have black faced NPCs that are only female breton vampire race or any other combination, this is likely the cause.

Dawngaurd changes up the facegen in some of these records for whatever reason and Ussep/Usleep use those changes.

1 hour ago, Katie schnurr said:

load order.txtran into a problem crashing before i can go into riverwood .the moment it comes into view i crash load order attached.i am showing no errors except one redundant in vortex and no issues in loot.

I'd try disabling enforcers by setting their min and max count to 0 on the licence page and try again. 

Enforcers use vanilla assets so I don't know why it would crash for you. A vanilla mesh replacer maybe. 

16 hours ago, sattyre said:

The Race records are from the skyrim.esm and i am guessing are just left-over from before the Legendary Edition.  I personally believe that you should edit the race records to correspond with USSEP/USLEEP

Yea probably. But I'm not making Usleep a master as adding masters creates problems. 

I might see about copying over things if they don't add Usleep as a master. 

19 hours ago, mangalo said:

Too bad this is only for SE but this could replace the daydreaming (heavy) processing on NPCs :

Removing Npc clothes isn't particularly heavy. Don't know how you got that impression. 

22 hours ago, Adetu said:

But even if it worked in Fallout 4, it could be possible that the realisation of the settings are buggy in the older skyrim game.

Fairly sure I modified those settings while testing but still didn't get anywhere. 

On 1/7/2021 at 4:08 PM, Lupine00 said:

Only thing in sls that forces 3rd person (that I remember) is creature fondling. Because playing the animation in 1st person causes random doors to be opened.... because.... things.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Lupine00 said:

Uh, also, I have a real "bug". Defining the wheel menu key in SLS doesn't change it. It remains G, no matter what I define. Is that normal?

Changes no problem for me. Might be some odd Skyui conflict. 

There was some > 128 mcm files floating around that were based on old version of SkyUi that caused ..... some problem for me that I had to fix myself (didn't have certain functions). Can't remember exactly what that was though. 

On 1/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, Lupine00 said:

Yeeessss... But as I pointed out, those edits don't do anything useful for SLS. They are not edits that add perks, they are changes in combat styles

Only vanilla edits should be races and some dialogue. Usleeps not a master so everything is pulled from Skyrim.esm (or Update.esm). I'll see if I can copy edits from Usleep without making Usleep a master. 

If there's changes to anything else then it might be worth checking LE vs SE versions in case of wild edits. 

On 1/6/2021 at 6:33 AM, Lupine00 said:

Are the ones in SLS a newer version again, or are the they pre-restrip version?

I Didn't know there are actual versions. All I ever saw was files posted in a thread. 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, evilblade said:

So I'm curious - was it working correctly before and broken now or vice-versa?

Sometimes the head tracking remains toggled on (timing issue probably or maybe stack dump). Use the debug menu to set IsNpc variable to zero. 

10 minutes ago, Katie schnurr said:

i awalys disable the enforcers in the beginning so i have a chance to get a follower

Then I can't see it being SLS. Disable the ESP and try again. Still crash = not SLS. 

@Monoman1

Not sure if you missed my message under all the posts in the past few days, but can you confirm if the magic collar on followers is bugged or not? In an earlier post, I mentioned that no matter what I did, the magic curse kept getting reapplied on followers after being removed no matter what I did, short of having to reinstall the mod.

Hey Monoman1.  My race records comment above was meant more for the SE version, and as a general warning for people in LE using Dawnguard and Usleep and getting black face bug as a result.  Though if they follow your steps with the merged patch, that shouldn't happen.

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Removing Npc clothes isn't particularly heavy. Don't know how you got that impression. 

I might have overstated the issue, but I supposed there's quite a bit of overhead using a "manual" unequip like SLS does compared to using lower-level techniques.  My idea was mostly to inform you of this alternative that could inspire you

8 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Is the gate curfew not working a known issue? I was able to walk in and out at 10:30 at night without issue. XD

Not afaik. Is door lockdown enabled?

5 hours ago, Lute said:

@Monoman1

Not sure if you missed my message under all the posts in the past few days, but can you confirm if the magic collar on followers is bugged or not? In an earlier post, I mentioned that no matter what I did, the magic curse kept getting reapplied on followers after being removed no matter what I did, short of having to reinstall the mod.

Can't confirm either way. Haven't played skyrim in earnest in months. All I can say is that I tested it and seemed to work ok. You never said which follower framework you're using.