26 minutes ago, ooxxoxx said:

Hi, guys, some dump question.

I play skyrim VR and had a lot mod before I first installed DD 1.5 few weeks ago, and I realized it is not causing any issues, but one interesting thing is it makes all female NPCs in my game using male stance for body turning animation. They all doing alright for everything else, but when they turn their body around, their arms wide open and swing like male NPCs, which they don't do that before, and they don't do that neither once I unchecked DD in MO2 and re run FNIS, but they do that when DD is running.

Not sure if it is a conflict with other mod(s) I have or if it happens to others here.

I am mainly using EVG conditional idles and EVG animation variance for non combat animations, and using many of the smooth by skypia for combat stance animations including combat idles, magic idle, blocks, cast, spring and staff.

That doesn't make sense because if DD's guilty of anything in that area, it's making female animations more feminine. Usually, the problem is getting bound animations without a device.

You probably have a conflict somewhere with DD. If DD is enabled and EVG and/or smooth is disabled, does the same thing happen? I don't use either, but other mods that have idles would be a prime candidate.

if not, you'll need to go through your mods one at a time starting with only DD enabled. check after adding each mod.

Im having weird problem where slave harness disappears while looking at PC from certain angles, kinda like overlays under transparent clothing, i never had that happen before

Edit: i was using DD 5.1 with 5.2 bodyslides, i just installed DD 5.2 beta 2 and 3BA bodyslides, and it works good now

2'nd edit: Well it did fix my harness problem but now the catsuit is missing hands and feet, i know there is a way to fix it myself using SSEedit but i can't

remember how to do it.

Edited by NiX10
6 hours ago, NiX10 said:

Im having weird problem where slave harness disappears while looking at PC from certain angles, kinda like overlays under transparent clothing, i never had that happen before

Edit: i was using DD 5.1 with 5.2 bodyslides, i just installed DD 5.2 beta 2 and 3BA bodyslides, and it works good now

2'nd edit: Well it did fix my harness problem but now the catsuit is missing hands and feet, i know there is a way to fix it myself using SSEedit but i can't

remember how to do it.

The hands and feet are supposed to be gone again. the 0.2 version of the bodyslides is up to date with unevensteven's last changes for 5.2 beta. the only thing you aren't getting yet are the priority changes in the esps, that should come with beta 3.

See the comment in the dev thread:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=3584864

• Scrapped the Seamless Catsuit as it wouldn't work as intended.
Edited by zarantha
7 minutes ago, alster523 said:

Kind of a weird question but is there anything that can be done about the stagger animation that happens when you kick someone thats blocking? it ends up pulling your arms out of the armbinder and then the jump back. If not it is what it is just kidna curious.

No, nothing can really be done about that. You'll see it happen with some other animations overriding the armbinder one from time to time too.

The vaginal and nipple piercings are from DD, right?

There are a few variations (soul gem, common soul gem, shock), but in terms of gameplay I haven't really noticed much of a difference (though I could easily have missed a setting or a more subtle difference somewhere).

The soul gem variations are just to explain why the things vibrate at times, right? There's not other magical function is there?

As for the shock ones, I think it would be lovely if there was a way to make them more... shocking... when they trigger (right now I think they increase arousal and maybe rubbing yourself animations). IMO a crisp zap sound and a short, sharp yelp would go a long way to make it more immersive. I nice small spark visual effect would be great as well. Also (IMO as usual), the rubbing yourself from arousal animation doesn't really fit. I think triggering a quick stagger would be a more appropriate reaction from a short intense shock to a sensitive area... based on... ahem... research.

Also... big kudos for this mod. It's absolutely great, and is a key part in several fantastic mods that I use in almost every play through. So thanks for your hard work :)

21 hours ago, zarantha said:

That doesn't make sense because if DD's guilty of anything in that area, it's making female animations more feminine. Usually, the problem is getting bound animations without a device.

You probably have a conflict somewhere with DD. If DD is enabled and EVG and/or smooth is disabled, does the same thing happen? I don't use either, but other mods that have idles would be a prime candidate.

if not, you'll need to go through your mods one at a time starting with only DD enabled. check after adding each mod.

Hi, Zarantha.

I have tried to uncheck mods from my mo2 and re FNIS re LOOT and get back in game to check, after a few hours, I pretty much only had vanilla rim and DD with requirements left, I am starting to think that body turning animation was perhaps the vanilla animation, since I haven't seen it for ages. Maybe the more feminine body turning animation I got used to was from a random mod I have and didn't even realize but got used to. So I decided it is not a big issue anyway, I will just leave it there, and I came back here to thank you for replying my post.

Much appreciate.

I get the poblem that outfits from dd 5.1 get stuck on my pc even with lockmanipulation and confirmaation message „device removed“ etc. I ve build them correctly in bodyslide and the fit fine (bhunp) but i cant get this issue solved. Its sticks like a skin but also the device functions are still active (like you cant dress with hands bound). Even after confirmation of removal.

i am testing mostly straitjacket, hobblet, petsuit....all the same issue.

what did i do wrong?

Edited by Hpl55
53 minutes ago, Anunya said:

The vaginal and nipple piercings are from DD, right?

There are a few variations (soul gem, common soul gem, shock), but in terms of gameplay I haven't really noticed much of a difference (though I could easily have missed a setting or a more subtle difference somewhere).

Yes, they're from DD. No settings for different ones in the MCMs, just a general one for piercings in DCL. There probably are slight differences in the actual effects between them, but it's not something I've kept close track of or investigated.

55 minutes ago, Anunya said:

The soul gem variations are just to explain why the things vibrate at times, right? There's not other magical function is there?

One effect I do vaguely recall is that one of them will shock you for using magic. I don't think that affects all of them, but like i said, it's not something i've really tracked.

57 minutes ago, Anunya said:

As for the shock ones, I think it would be lovely if there was a way to make them more... shocking... when they trigger (right now I think they increase arousal and maybe rubbing yourself animations). IMO a crisp zap sound and a short, sharp yelp would go a long way to make it more immersive. I nice small spark visual effect would be great as well. Also (IMO as usual), the rubbing yourself from arousal animation doesn't really fit. I think triggering a quick stagger would be a more appropriate reaction from a short intense shock to a sensitive area... based on... ahem... research.

I never thought of them as that intense. More like electro therapy type of strength. of course, i've not looked up what attaching a TENS to tender bits would do. Just that i like my cefaly (attaches to the forehead for headaches), and while it feels weird, it doesn't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Hpl55 said:

I get the poblem that outfits from dd 5.1 get stuck on my pc even with lockmanipulation and confirmaation message „device removed“ etc. I ve build them correctly in bodyslide and the fit fine (bhunp) but i cant get this issue solved. Its sticks like a skin but also the device functions are still active (like you cant dress with hands bound). Even after confirmation of removal.

i am testing mostly straitjacket, hobblet, petsuit....all the same issue.

what did i do wrong?

make sure you don't have the mod no enchantment restriction.

make sure you don't have old patches for DD installed, or patches from other mods that overwrite DD's scripts.

5 minutes ago, zarantha said:

make sure you don't have the mod no enchantment restriction.

make sure you don't have old patches for DD installed, or patches from other mods that overwrite DD's scripts.

Neither is the case but will tripple check everything again. Thank you. Might try 5.2 beta as an escape

So I had animation problems with DD on SE, but I was able to solve them through DAR, this might take some work, I was experiencing some conflicts with DAR but elevating DD's priority solved that, be warned that you do need to roughly understand how DAR skeleton folders are set up and having a bulk renaming utility helps too. Also probably getting a hang of the 32k DAR file that's floating about.

A big copy paste of my READ ME follows so you can understand what I'm doing.

Spoiler

You need to take the various DD animations with the suffixes abc*_ pon*_ and hbc*_ place them in the corresponding folders and remove the suffixes. Additionally you may also place them inside the "female" folder if you have female specific walk animatons for DAR that are conflicting.

Ponygirl conditions aren't actually set up yet due to a keyword situation, so you can probably skip pon*_ animations for now

Conditions files are set up in each folder, if you're familiar with DAR have a look to understand what's happening better.

abc0    zad_DeviousArmbinder        90001000
abc1    zad_DeviousYoke            90001001
abc2    zad_DeviousArmbinderElbow    90001002
abc3    zad_DeviousYokeBB        90001003
abc4    zad_DeviousCuffsFront        90001004
abc5    zad_DeviousElbowTie        90001005
abc6    zad_DeviousPetSuit        91001006    has the highest possible priority to always get the pet suit animation

pon0    zad_DeviousPonyGear        80002000    needs lower priority to not interfere with the other devices
In theory you combine zad_DeviousPonyGear with other keywords down here but DD ponygear doesn't seem to use the zad_DeviousPonyGear keyword, patceh with DD as master could be made that adds the keyword to the rendered pony DD items.
Devious Lore has a pony charm item that uses the keyword, so if you set up this folder you can get a ponytrot while wearing that amulet.

pon1    zad_DeviousElbowTie        90002001
pon2    zad_DeviousYoke            90002002
pon3    zad_DeviousArmbinder        90002003
pon4    zad_DeviousYokeBB        90002004
pon5    zad_DeviousCuffsFront        90002005
pon6    zad_DeviousArmbinderElbow    90002006

Hobbleskirt has the highest priority so you don't get a pony trot in a hobbleskirt.

hbc0    zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt        85003000
zad_DeviousHobbleSkirt combined with the keywords below to get hobble while wearing a device animation
hbc1    zad_DeviousElbowTie        90003001
hbc2    zad_DeviousYoke            90003002
hbc3    zad_DeviousArmbinder        90003003
hbc4`    zad_DeviousYokeBB        90003004
hbc5    zad_DeviousCuffsFront        90003005
hbc6    zad_DeviousArmbinderElbow    90003006

Finally the folder DD \meshes\actors\character\animations\DD2 and and DD file \Devious Devices\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\FNIS_DD2_Behavior.hkx can be removed and FNIS can be run afterwards, this'll save some FNIS realstate while moving it to DAR.

Additionally once the ponygirl conditions are setup and a patch made the folder \Devious Devices\meshes\actors\character\animations\DD3 and file FNIS_DD3_Behavior.hkx can also be removed and FNIS rerun. If you do this step for now, sicne there's no conditions set up on the pony folders it will go to the lower priority one with the abc*_ animations, so no pony trot but yes yoke animation.

I did discover though that the hbc4_ set of animations are for hobbleskirts while wearing a breastyoke, which I don't think any hobbleskirt allows you to do.

EDIT: Added the pony conditions but using a SLUTS keyword, so animations work while using SLUTS gear.

I also do have a 7z with all the animation moving work done for SE, but I'd figured I should get permission before I post that one.

Devious Devices DAR.7z

Edited by ttpt
On 7/22/2020 at 12:30 AM, zarantha said:

For UUNP, make sure you have the LE BodySlide files to set BodySlide up to work correctly in SE with UUNP:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126669-question-on-uunp-bodyslide-references-for-sse/?tab=comments#comment-2699861

Alternatively, the LE files have been converted to SE here: Legacy UUNP (for SE) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus

This is outdated correct? Bhunp SE using 5.2 beta + 5.2 bodyslide is the way to go!?

Kinda about to give up. Tried both versions, the problems are beyond my understanding.

build the leather straitjacket according to ur guide. The normal version functions but changes body porpotions.

the open version makes invisible, is removeable. The ebonite jacket makes invisible and isnt removeable.

yokes werent build but work, yet zaz yokes are fluent while dd yokes are very slow in animation update and i think leave my pc only capable of walking after unequip...

i ve set up bodyslide to data and its own output folder in mo2, it overwrites the other mods. I really have no clue. For bhunp i tried uunp and i think 3be versions of the outfit.

left groups completely unchecked.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:16 AM, Hpl55 said:

This is outdated correct? Bhunp SE using 5.2 beta + 5.2 bodyslide is the way to go!?

No, it's not outdated. Those files are to get the Body/UNP presets in bodyslide. If you've got bodyslide working already, it may not be needed.

It's needed because Bodyslide SE does not support UNP, only CBBE.

If BHUNP contains the UNP bodyslide files it needs to make bodyslide work, then you're fine. If you find that outfits aren't fitting your shape after running bodyslide then install them.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:24 PM, Hpl55 said:

Kinda about to give up. Tried both versions, the problems are beyond my understanding.

build the leather straitjacket according to ur guide. The normal version functions but changes body porpotions.

the open version makes invisible, is removeable. The ebonite jacket makes invisible and isnt removeable.

yokes werent build but work, yet zaz yokes are fluent while dd yokes are very slow in animation update and i think leave my pc only capable of walking after unequip...

i ve set up bodyslide to data and its own output folder in mo2, it overwrites the other mods. I really have no clue. For bhunp i tried uunp and i think 3be versions of the outfit.

left groups completely unchecked.

3BA will not work if your body is UNP/BHUNP. 3BA is not compatible with BHUNP. Make sure you installed the right bodyslide files using the installer.

If you're BHUNP, either use a pure UNP preset for both your body and the outfits or download the BHUNP conversion of the outfits. The link is in the troubleshooting post.

Invisible means it's not building to the right path if you've batch build everything. Follow the bodyslide guide in the troubleshooting post.

If you need to, download the Legacy UUNP (for SE) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus  files.

Edit: BTW, this issue will affect SE UNP users too. I don't do anything to UNP bodyslides other than convert them, since UNP for LE and SE are the same thing.

Not removable is a conflict somewhere. You've got a mod that has a 'DD patch' that breaks DD, or you've got an old DD script patch (that includes the old 'nio' patches and gag patches you might have found in this thread), you've got a mod that is not compatible. Check the troubleshooting list for a list of known mods that cause problems with DD.

DO NOT use any old patches from pre 5.1 with 5.1. Old patches WILL break DD.

Animation issues - don't use nemesis, and if you have DAR, try removing some DAR packs. Apparently some conflict.

Bottom line, you need to do basic mod troubleshooting if it's not working with your list. Install DD and it's requirements ONLY. Then test. After things are working, add your other mods back until you find which one breaks things for you or you have everything working (sometimes modding skyrim is like that).

Edited by zarantha
On 12/2/2021 at 12:46 AM, ooxxoxx said:

Hi, guys, some dump question.

I play skyrim VR and had a lot mod before I first installed DD 1.5 few weeks ago, and I realized it is not causing any issues, but one interesting thing is it makes all female NPCs in my game using male stance for body turning animation. They all doing alright for everything else, but when they turn their body around, their arms wide open and swing like male NPCs, which they don't do that before, and they don't do that neither once I unchecked DD in MO2 and re run FNIS, but they do that when DD is running.

Not sure if it is a conflict with other mod(s) I have or if it happens to others here.

I am mainly using EVG conditional idles and EVG animation variance for non combat animations, and using many of the smooth by skypia for combat stance animations including combat idles, magic idle, blocks, cast, spring and staff.

Just in case if anyone got something alike, I eventually changed to Nemesis and it fixed this. I am currently have both FNIS and Nemesis together, no problem I can see yet.

1 hour ago, ooxxoxx said:

Just in case if anyone got something alike, I eventually changed to Nemesis and it fixed this. I am currently have both FNIS and Nemesis together, no problem I can see yet.

Just wait, unless you're one of the really lucky ones. it will mix up DD animations or you'll get stuck in one or something similar. Nemesis doesn't work right with DD for most people.

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

3BA will not work if your body is UNP/BHUNP. 3BA is not compatible with BHUNP. Make sure you installed the right bodyslide files using the installer.

If you're BHUNP, either use a pure UNP preset for both your body and the outfits or download the BHUNP conversion of the outfits. The link is in the troubleshooting post.

Invisible means it's not building to the right path if you've batch build everything. Follow the bodyslide guide in the troubleshooting post.

If you need to, download the Legacy UUNP (for SE) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus  files.

Edit: BTW, this issue will affect SE UNP users too. I don't do anything to UNP bodyslides other than convert them, since UNP for LE and SE are the same thing.

Not removable is a conflict somewhere. You've got a mod that has a 'DD patch' that breaks DD, or you've got an old DD script patch (that includes the old 'nio' patches and gag patches you might have found in this thread), you've got a mod that is not compatible. Check the troubleshooting list for a list of known mods that cause problems with DD.

DO NOT use any old patches from pre 5.1 with 5.1. Old patches WILL break DD.

Animation issues - don't use nemesis, and if you have DAR, try removing some DAR packs. Apparently some conflict.

Bottom line, you need to do basic mod troubleshooting if it's not working with your list. Install DD and it's requirements ONLY. Then test. After things are working, add your other mods back until you find which one breaks things for you or you have everything working (sometimes modding skyrim is like that).

thanks for your help and patience! Indeed using nemesis and Dar, i didnt know thats an issue and thought besides creature fw nemesis can replace fnis 100%

i never saw a bhunp conversion of dd?

thanks for your help and patience! Indeed using nemesis and Dar, i didnt know thats an issue and thought besides creature fw nemesis can replace fnis 100%

i never saw a bhunp conversion of dd?

Edited by Hpl55

Hello, I am having problems and not sure if its Devious Devices doing it (Using Skyrim SE) I am somehow equipping my NPC's with "prisoner chains" and and that I don't have the correct key to get the chains off of my followers. I have what I think all of the key used in Devious Devices . Any sugestion on how to unequip these chains from my followers?.