15 minutes ago, Inception said:

Should they have a special dialogue option for that?

If i remember right when you got on high security restraints there is menu where say you need go to blacksmith. And yes there is new menu for take off those restraints. And those restraints can't take off by struggle or keys.

45 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

If i remember right when you got on high security restraints there is menu where say you need go to blacksmith. And yes there is new menu for take off those restraints. And those restraints can't take off by struggle or keys.

I had no such option at the blacksmith but they could be unlocked by leg restraints key. When inspecting them it says they are high security restraints, so you are wrong in this case. Anyway, I disabled them in the menu because they are not worth the trouble.

Edited by Inception
33 minutes ago, Inception said:

but they could be unlocked by leg restraints key

Any item that can be unlocked by leg restraints key isn't high security restraints. This restraints is in description as high security because those can be unlocked only by leg restraints key, what is rare DCL key. High restraints are restraints what have name: high restraint leg cuffs as example. Not in description. And those restraints can be unlocked only by blacksmith with gold.

UPD: this is high security restraint:

Spoiler

ScreenShot56.jpg.ee2451e466d03e975c04d45b461d60cf.jpg

Spoiler

ScreenShot57.jpg.90d9be18689bb7607dd5dab93981c2ab.jpg

Edited by Elsidia
21 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Any item that can be unlocked by leg restraints key isn't high security restraints. This restraints is in description as high security because those can be unlocked only by leg restraints key, what is rare DCL key. High restraints are restraints what have name: high restraint leg cuffs as example. Not in description. And those restraints can be unlocked only by blacksmith with gold.

UPD: this is high security restraint:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot56.jpg.ee2451e466d03e975c04d45b461d60cf.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot57.jpg.90d9be18689bb7607dd5dab93981c2ab.jpg

I see. How come I can't struggle or cut it if it's not a high security restraints? Is that something inbetween or poorly implemented by Kimy?

7 minutes ago, Inception said:

I see. How come I can't struggle or cut it if it's not a high security restraints? Is that something inbetween or poorly implemented by Kimy?

There are some restraints specific to DCL which are used in Quests and can be only manipulated by Quest progression. So don't worry how much you try to Struggle or Cut It, you will always fail. Only option, progress the quest and that's it.

32 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

There are some restraints specific to DCL which are used in Quests and can be only manipulated by Quest progression. So don't worry how much you try to Struggle or Cut It, you will always fail. Only option, progress the quest and that's it.

That's not it though. I looked them up and they are Shock Boots from DCL that can only be opened by the right key, it seems:

Spoiler

enb2021_6_7_15_56_25.jpg.7a8e3f234301b005378ccfcccea9dfba.jpg

As you can see it says they are "high security restraints" but they don't have it in the name.

Edited by Inception
Spoiler
15 minutes ago, Inception said:

That's not it though. I looked them up and they are Shock Boots from DCL that can only be opened by the right key, it seems:

Hide contents

enb2021_6_7_15_56_25.jpg.7a8e3f234301b005378ccfcccea9dfba.jpg

As you can see it says they are "high security restraints" but they don't have it in the name.

Not all items from DCL are quest items. Some are generic items too. Those boots are specifically programmed to use Leg Restraints Key. There are some items in DCL which are scripted to use multiple keys.

image.png.419475b4de3d4c97e687187b6899cdc9.png

By the way those keys are added by DCL only

1 hour ago, Inception said:

Some items are quest items and some are made special not to struggle out for hardest life.

17 minutes ago, Inception said:

I looked them up and they are Shock Boots from DCL

Shock boots is from quest and for high player punishment. Because those can be unlocked only by key.

Also in events page there is default chance drop Shock boots 10 - you can disable it or even make more chance to drop.

28 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Some items are quest items and some are made special not to struggle out for hardest life.

Shock boots is from quest and for high player punishment. Because those can be unlocked only by key.

Also in events page there is default chance drop Shock boots 10 - you can disable it or even make more chance to drop.

What does "quest items" mean in this case? It implies it is involved in a quest somehow, but I got the boots after a DCL random rape event and there is no quest in my log tied to them. No need to tell me about what the settings do. I know that already.

Edited by Inception
2 hours ago, Inception said:

but I got the boots after a DCL random rape event and there is no quest

You start the quest Rubber doll after random DCL trap, start Damsel in distress after random DCL trap, start Bondage adventure after solicitation failed. It's DCL)

Edited by Elsidia
1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

You start the quest Rubber doll after random DCL trap, start Damsel in distress after random DCL trap, start Bondage adventure after solicitation failed. It's DCL)

You took out that quote from its context if you know what that means. I said I don't have the quests so there is nothing to progress, but it doesn't matter now. At least I know they can't be removed by the blacksmith, which is all I needed to know. Thanks.

I'm still having trouble getting suits, gloves and boots to show up. its just an invisible body. Ive got everything installed that is needed. I've ran bodyslide hundreds of times, with no luck. I've Reinstalled Devious devices as well. nothing works. I'm familiar with bodyslide, I know how it works. the issue is textures not showing up. anybody have an idea? i thought about switching to UNP body. Maybe that would work, plus CBBEs pregnant body morph doesnt work right. 

Hello, everyone:

I have a problem about catsuit. recently I just migrated to CBBE 3BA. i have build meshes and morphs for catsuit, long glove etc, but as you see, when the combination of long gloves and catsuit appears, clipping still appears. What is going on? (DD CBBE 3BA Bodyslide from the DD 4.3 AIO 3BA Bodyslide Files 1.0.1)

Spoiler

20210608191743_1.jpg.a1f2dc35fb21b7da6940c788af87c6a4.jpg

Not sure if this is one of Devious Devices' features, but after a while in bondage, interactions are prohibited. "[E] Can't Do That". I can still talk to NPCs, and fight. I can't open doors, chests, pickup items, sleep. If this is indeed one of the 'bondage restrictions' caused by this mod pls tell me. and also how to fix if any has encountered such glitch. Debug removing all devices doesn't help.

5 hours ago, bcstv said:

Not sure if this is one of Devious Devices' features, but after a while in bondage, interactions are prohibited. "[E] Can't Do That". I can still talk to NPCs, and fight. I can't open doors, chests, pickup items, sleep. If this is indeed one of the 'bondage restrictions' caused by this mod pls tell me. and also how to fix if any has encountered such glitch. Debug removing all devices doesn't help.

I don't think it's DD, never had such issues. I know for sure that Devious Device Equip has option you can turn on to limit world interactions, but they are off by default. Other than that I am not sure what other mods might cause this

I wonder if it would be possible for some of the elements from the contraptions to be detached from the contraptions themselves and applied as equipable items while the contraptions are in use. In this way, parts of the contraptions can be set up to work with bodyslide to fit the character in them. 

For instance, the x-cross has a center band that goes around the waist, but it is too small for fat characters. If it is possible to swap out the idle model for a different active model, you can have a version that doesn't have the metal band, then make the system equip a metal band 'armor' on the character when they use the x-cross. The metal band can then be affected by the weight-slider and configured in bodyslide. As long as the metal band armor doesn't animate with the character, it'll look like it's attached to the x-cross.

Only problem with this is the metal band won't look like it can fit a fat character while it's idle, but then it will somehow increase in size when it's being used. Of course, this is more agreeable than the metal band being absorbed by the fat of the fat character.

I understand if something like this is infeasible, due to the complex process of making a contraption, but if it can done, it will improve them.

Edit: I was successful in removing the waist band from the x-cross. Now I just need to make an armor of the waist band.

Edited by NobodyImportant33333
updated information
On 6/8/2021 at 5:03 PM, negative0004 said:

I'm still having trouble getting suits, gloves and boots to show up. its just an invisible body. Ive got everything installed that is needed. I've ran bodyslide hundreds of times, with no luck. I've Reinstalled Devious devices as well. nothing works. I'm familiar with bodyslide, I know how it works. the issue is textures not showing up. anybody have an idea? i thought about switching to UNP body. Maybe that would work, plus CBBEs pregnant body morph doesnt work right. 

I play with 3BA, should be no issues whether you're using that, CBBE or UNP. So it's only happening for suits, gloves and boots, but not any other items including other body items? Are you running the latest version of DD (5.1)?

If you're using 3BA, do you have this downloaded and active in your left-panel mod list? Although even if you didn't have that they should still be showing up...

I doubt this is the case but maybe one of your other mods is somehow conflicting with them - you could try disabling all your mods except dd, running bodyslide again and seeing if they display properly to rule that out.

Edited by asdj1239
11 hours ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

I wonder if it would be possible for some of the elements from the contraptions to be detached from the contraptions themselves and applied as equipable items while the contraptions are in use. In this way, parts of the contraptions can be set up to work with bodyslide to fit the character in them. 

For instance, the x-cross has a center band that goes around the waist, but it is too small for fat characters. If it is possible to swap out the idle model for a different active model, you can have a version that doesn't have the metal band, then make the system equip a metal band 'armor' on the character when they use the x-cross. The metal band can then be affected by the weight-slider and configured in bodyslide. As long as the metal band armor doesn't animate with the character, it'll look like it's attached to the x-cross.

Only problem with this is the metal band won't look like it can fit a fat character while it's idle, but then it will somehow increase in size when it's being used. Of course, this is more agreeable than the metal band being absorbed by the fat of the fat character.

I understand if something like this is infeasible, due to the complex process of making a contraption, but if it can done, it will improve them.

Edit: I was successful in removing the waist band from the x-cross. Now I just need to make an armor of the waist band.

I'm no expert but I think once you convert the waistband to armor you could write a script using OnAnimationEvent (Assuming entering the cross is classed as an animation event - could be wrong). You would then just need to check for anything in the body slot, save and unequip it, then ideally re-equip it when leaving the x-band cross because if your character is already wearing something in the body slot I don't think you could then equip the waistband. Might be a bit immersion-breaking though if you don't like the idea of the cross magically unequipping something from your character.

1 hour ago, asdj1239 said:

I play with 3BA, should be no issues whether you're using that, CBBE or UNP. So it's only happening for suits, gloves and boots, but not any other items including other body items? Are you running the latest version of DD (5.1)?

If you're using 3BA, do you have this downloaded and active in your left-panel mod list? Although even if you didn't have that they should still be showing up...

I doubt this is the case but maybe one of your other mods is somehow conflicting with them - you could try disabling all your mods except dd, running bodyslide again and seeing if they display properly to rule that out.

Yeah I believe I'm running 3BA. The CBBE 3BBB add on I believe. I saw this 3BA body slide but saw it was only for version 4.3. I'm running the latest DD version. Didn't know if that would be an issue or not. It's weird. It's only the pony boots. Bondage mittens, straight jackets, hobble dresses and harnesses that don't show up. Everything else works fine. The gags, the cuffs, the armbinders, the ballet heels all work fine. I've TRIED EVERYTHING. I may give this add on here a try. Couldn't hurt. 

6 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

I'm no expert but I think once you convert the waistband to armor you could write a script using OnAnimationEvent (Assuming entering the cross is classed as an animation event - could be wrong). You would then just need to check for anything in the body slot, save and unequip it, then ideally re-equip it when leaving the x-band cross because if your character is already wearing something in the body slot I don't think you could then equip the waistband. Might be a bit immersion-breaking though if you don't like the idea of the cross magically unequipping something from your character.

I'm thinking it doesn't use the body slot, since many of the devices use a slot not used by vanilla skyrim, like the chastity belt or harness for instance. I'm not quite sure which slot I should use though (59 comes to mind).

After that, I would need to implement a system to have it automatically equip on the character when they enter the x-cross (may be possible through the x-cross activator, but not sure). Also, no need to worry about automatically removing armor when equipping the x-cross waistband. The contraptions already strip your character save for the compatible devices.

I'm not very familiar with modding Skyrim so heavily, so please bear with me. I've gone through the normal process (using Mod Organiser 2, install mods, run FNIS and Bodyslide). Most things work fine. However right now I've got some items (called a Bell Collar, in \steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\MO2\mods\Devious Devices\meshes\devious\Collygon)  and it just clips straight through the neck. Bodyslide doesn't seem to see it at all - doesn't come up in searches even when my settings are extremely permissive. Is it just not compatible, or can I make bodyslide see it somehow?

Spoiler

image.png.ccad65120e4f0f56858626148bd3d257.png

image.png.65b0796dcc240ca17a8a2291a4218ac9.png

image.png.9963f41923c744d8f545d8ddf34989ae.png

image.png.953d5e323a1ea0e66e5d3454f0379a62.png