2 hours ago, therealkarlsquell said:

Hi dunno if this is a known problem, but the furniture seems to stick with npcs on release. They seem to be walking around with it.

Sorry search wasn´t succesfull. Have seen someone reporting about it in the old devious devices contraptions thread but he said he fiddled around with some scripts which i would rather nozt do :)

Pretty sure it's been reported in the LE page. If you don't want to or can't follow the script workaround, you'll need to wait and see if it's fixed in the next version.

It might also be similar to the NPCs walking around without their arms bound when wearing armbinders. Sometimes they have a mind of their own and the AI package overrides the bondage device. If that's the case, there's not much that can be done without breaking the NPCs.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:57 PM, zarantha said:

If you have a list of what's invisible, i'll double check. everything showed up in testing, but i could have missed files when I was copying over to the fomod.

I'll try testing after work, it's about time for me to start.

With UUNP and SE-patchfile the lack of weight generation within the UUNP-Bodyslide-Files (both elbowbinders) lead to invisible meshes, missing the Weight_0-Mesh. If DDforHim is activated, the elbowbinders get displayed, perhaps by overriding from the male one - don't know. Quick and dirty it could be solved by copying the Weight_1-Mesh to the zero one or delete the Weight-Requirement inside the patchfile, but that will brake the CBBE weight slider of course. Regards

I'm doing manual labor on TBD conversion (=replace the CBBE slider to TBD one).
All I'm doing right now is:

load reference "CBBEtoTBD"-conform all-turn CBBEtoTBD slider to 100%

-set base shape-load reference "TBD Body"-conform all- save

It'll be done soon.

I'll postpone TBD SMP because

It's quite difficult for beginner like me.

I can make character's clothes go jiggle w/o clipping right now

by deleting covered-behind-clothes body parts

but I'm not sure how to set virtual ground to run for gravity effects

even though I've browsed lots of guides.

6 hours ago, Heulsuze said:

With UUNP and SE-patchfile the lack of weight generation within the UUNP-Bodyslide-Files (both elbowbinders) lead to invisible meshes, missing the Weight_0-Mesh. If DDforHim is activated, the elbowbinders get displayed, perhaps by overriding from the male one - don't know. Quick and dirty it could be solved by copying the Weight_1-Mesh to the zero one or delete the Weight-Requirement inside the patchfile, but that will brake the CBBE weight slider of course. Regards

Sounds inconsistent on if the weight slider is enabled or not. Depending on the file name all that should need to be done is enable low/high weights for the bodyslide. I'll double check that.

39 minutes ago, Kikaxe said:

I'm doing manual labor on TBD conversion (=replace the CBBE slider to TBD one).
All I'm doing right now is:

load reference "CBBEtoTBD"-conform all-turn CBBEtoTBD slider to 100%

-set base shape-load reference "TBD Body"-conform all- save

It'll be done soon.

I'll postpone TBD SMP because

It's quite difficult for beginner like me.

I can make character's clothes go jiggle w/o clipping right now

by deleting covered-behind-clothes body parts

but I'm not sure how to set virtual ground to run for gravity effects

even though I've browsed lots of guides.

You shouldn't need to mess around with virtual ground. Out of the Heretic stuff, only do the chain harness. Don't mess with the collar chains or prisoner chains. Those are body agnostic - we use the same files for CBBE and UNP.

(Basically, if it's in the DD Framework HDT or NoHDT chains group, leave it alone)

For the other outfits, physics is handled by the bone weights and having the reference shape in the outfit. updating the bone weights should be sufficient for most.

Some bodies are chopped up, you may need to do this. make sure there's no mesh explosion after deleting vertices on the reference shape. Leaving a modified reference shape and deleting vertices from it was done to help with clipping on the outfits.

Continuing my odyssey to get DD working, I had no remaining alternatives other than exploring the mysteries of Bash. The secrets of Bash installation were guarded by fierce creatures beyond my power, but I was able to use Bash simply by reinstalling it every time I used it, a rather awkward procedure.

Having penetrated its inner sanctum, I forced Bash to remove the last veil and discovered that the problem lay with the DD patch: "This plugin loads before one or more of its masters. This will either cause the game to crash or cause mods to load in unexpected ways and must be corrected." The patch is in position 49. the CBBE patch at 50 and the FNIS patch in position 55, behind the patch and the other DD plugins as well.

This sounds like it might be valuable information, but I'm not sure what to do with it. The load order was set by Vortex, and it is difficult to change in Vortex. If I messed around with the load order, I could easily get DD working, but mess up something else.  Does anyone have any advice?

Bash Bug.jpg

2 hours ago, Faustling said:

Continuing my odyssey to get DD working, I had no remaining alternatives other than exploring the mysteries of Bash. The secrets of Bash installation were guarded by fierce creatures beyond my power, but I was able to use Bash simply by reinstalling it every time I used it, a rather awkward procedure.

Having penetrated its inner sanctum, I forced Bash to remove the last veil and discovered that the problem lay with the DD patch: "This plugin loads before one or more of its masters. This will either cause the game to crash or cause mods to load in unexpected ways and must be corrected." The patch is in position 49. the CBBE patch at 50 and the FNIS patch in position 55, behind the patch and the other DD plugins as well.

This sounds like it might be valuable information, but I'm not sure what to do with it. The load order was set by Vortex, and it is difficult to change in Vortex. If I messed around with the load order, I could easily get DD working, but mess up something else.  Does anyone have any advice?

All I use Wrye Bash for is for the bashed patch.

Wrye Bash should be installed to the actual skyrim se folder, and not in the data folder. To launch it, create a shortcut in vortex to the exe in \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy

The esm/esp order should be like the screenshot below. Since Vortex uses Loot rules, I doubt it's setting the order incorrectly. But if it is, then just create a rule for the esp.

Should be something like 'Devious Devices SE patch loads after xxx'. Or set it to the late loaders group.

The DD SE patch does not depend on CBBE or FNIS. Those can come before or after for all we care. The only important order for the DD SE patch is the other DD esms and esps.

This is sorted by load order.  I have no warnings in Wrye Bash with the DD mods in this order.

image.png.d830ee628750b6ae80abb9ca680fc6c4.png

What, exactly, do you think is still broken? I see mention of constructing stuff, what, exactly are you trying to make?

For constructing, looks like you need the devious smithing perk. Do you have that? It should be obtained by reading a book.

I don't think constructing is being developed anymore, it's kept around for those who want to construct keys. So it may not be possible to construct everything.

I keep getting this message every few minutes. I don't know what it means, but it sounds bad, and it interrupts the game. I'm in a life-or-death conflict, my hit points are getting low, and suddenly this pops up. I can't produce any of the devices, except with console commands. That is, I type player.placeatme and the number for a pillory and the pillory does show up (sometimes), but usually it's tilted at a funny angle, or buried a foot in the earth or hanging in empty space. I don't know what the normal procedure is, but it's not this. No one seems to know what causes this, and the programs that are supposed to fix it either can't detect it at all, or give me false and misleading information.

Bug-Screenshot.jpg

3 hours ago, Faustling said:

I keep getting this message every few minutes. I don't know what it means, but it sounds bad, and it interrupts the game. I'm in a life-or-death conflict, my hit points are getting low, and suddenly this pops up. I can't produce any of the devices, except with console commands. That is, I type player.placeatme and the number for a pillory and the pillory does show up (sometimes), but usually it's tilted at a funny angle, or buried a foot in the earth or hanging in empty space. I don't know what the normal procedure is, but it's not this. No one seems to know what causes this, and the programs that are supposed to fix it either can't detect it at all, or give me false and misleading information.

You shouldn't need to manually produce devices. I'm still stuck on why you're doing that. DD devices will be used when another mod calls for them. DD is a framework and does nothing on it's own, you need other mods to make full use of it. Basically, it's a box of stuff. To use the stuff, you need another mod to open the stuff and pull something out. Otherwise, stuff just sits in the box doing nothing.

Do you also have DCL? Try disabling the combat surrender in the rape options for DCL. If you have another mod that triggers DD in combo with combat surrender, you could also try disabling those.

What I found for that error was related to plugin order, but if your plugins are sorted as above that shouldn't be it.

Did you upgrade DD to 5.0 or 5.1 from 4.3 on the same game? This isn't supported. New game only.

Do you see the issue on a new game?

You could try a clean save - completely disable DD and any dependencies (not just the plugins, the entire mod), load the game, wait a bit for scripts to finish, then save and exit. Load up fallrim tools, clean the unattached and undefined instances. If DD is available in the dropdown still next to filters, filter on each DD plugin in turn and delete any remaining scripts. Load the cleaned save in game, wait a few minutes again, and save and exit. re-enable DD and it's dependencies and see if it starts up correctly this time.

Have you posted your mod list yet? If you don't want to take multiple screenshots of all your mods, do this:
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7771113-exporting-the-full-mod-list/#entry71333493

I'm having an issue where I can't unequip DD items, anyone know any fix? When I choose to remove a device, it feigns being unequipped, but isn't removed from the character, and upon exiting the menu and reentering the menu, the item is equipped again. It also cycles me through the same context menu of "Unlock, struggle, give up" anyone know anything?

4 hours ago, Finallywon said:

I'm having an issue where I can't unequip DD items, anyone know any fix? When I choose to remove a device, it feigns being unequipped, but isn't removed from the character, and upon exiting the menu and reentering the menu, the item is equipped again. It also cycles me through the same context menu of "Unlock, struggle, give up" anyone know anything?

Which items? I have noticed I sometimes have a similar issue with the custom blindfolds, making me think there's a problem with them specifically. But if you mean all your items are experiencing that problem I'm not sure.

7 hours ago, Finallywon said:

Make sure you don't have no enchantment restriction or iequip.

No more error messages for awhile, so maybe it worked. In Advanced mode on Vortex there is a Remove Related purge that cleans things more thoroughly. That may have helped.

Turns out I had NOTHING that used DD except for PAH_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp, which I don't use and can do without. I also took out the Whiterun Sunset Home just because.

My essential problem is that I like to do my own dungeons. It would be really cool if someone did a HearthFires with DD.  I can do a fairly good dungeon just with the console commands and a positioner, though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33917

You said something about learning a perk from a book. Is there a quest for that?

Dungeon.jpg

1 hour ago, Faustling said:

No more error messages for awhile, so maybe it worked. In Advanced mode on Vortex there is a Remove Related purge that cleans things more thoroughly. That may have helped.

Turns out I had NOTHING that used DD except for PAH_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp, which I don't use and can do without. I also took out the Whiterun Sunset Home just because.

My essential problem is that I like to do my own dungeons. It would be really cool if someone did a HearthFires with DD.  I can do a fairly good dungeon just with the console commands and a positioner, though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33917

You said something about learning a perk from a book. Is there a quest for that?

The quest was removed, but the book was deliberately left behind. Should be somewhere in the mages guild, been a while since I've played enough to find it.

The github is extremely out of date, but mentions it:

https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx

All items contained in the pack are useable as is, once you have obtained the "Devious smithing" perk from reading the "Forbidden Tome" at the college of Winterhold, they can all be crafted and used.

This I don't understand: I quit the game, remove DD together with plugins and whatever else, then reboot the game and save. Fallrim says the save is good. Reinstall, check FNIS, run SSEE, all good. Reboot again with the clean save. I go look at my DD dungeon, and all the DD equipment is still there, exactly as I left it. How is that possible? I thought a clean save would remove it.

9 hours ago, Faustling said:

This I don't understand: I quit the game, remove DD together with plugins and whatever else, then reboot the game and save. Fallrim says the save is good. Reinstall, check FNIS, run SSEE, all good. Reboot again with the clean save. I go look at my DD dungeon, and all the DD equipment is still there, exactly as I left it. How is that possible? I thought a clean save would remove it.

It should have unless those are Zaz devices. That sounds like there are DD plugins somewhere in your filesystem then.

Maybe double check that it's not installed twice in Vortex - Contraptions is included, so if you have that installed separately it needs to go

If you still can't find it, undeploy everything in Vortex, delete everything in the skyrim se folder, and revalidate the files in steam. I get that vortex shouldn't be leaving anything, and you did a forced cleanup, but if those aren't Zaz devices then you've got remnants somewhere.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, morikawa said:

I have an issue with vaginal plugs blocking masturbation animations. They seem to currently function as chastity devices i.e. the animation played is routed to DDBeltedSolo instead of whatever animation is supposed to fire off.

I've tried unchecking the options available in DD MCM and no dice. I've checked that the plugs are not locking ones that requires key to unlock. I have ZAZ 8 installed so I've checked over there as well and it doesn't seem like the problem originates from there. This is a recent issue - I did not have this issue previously when using DD 4.3 AIO - any ideas?

i have the same problem, ddbeltedsolo comes up instead of the supposed animation

10 hours ago, zarantha said:

It should have unless those are Zaz devices. That sounds like there are DD plugins somewhere in your filesystem then.

Maybe double check that it's not installed twice in Vortex - Contraptions is included, so if you have that installed separately it needs to go

If you still can't find it, undeploy everything in Vortex, delete everything in the skyrim se folder, and revalidate the files in steam. I get that vortex shouldn't be leaving anything, and you did a forced cleanup, but if those aren't Zaz devices then you've got remnants somewhere.

Zaz has some good stuff, but I don't know if the torture chairs, luxury horses and dynamic torture racks come from there. I'd probably have to look in the .esms to find out. Anyway, nothing at all seemed to be missing, so I don't think it was all Zaz. I attach a screenshot included in Zaz, showing some of their equipment, and I don't recognize most of it. You can check my screenshot on the previous page to see what I'm using.

I will continue in my persistent efforts, but I am beginning to think I may have caused this problem somehow. Maybe duping items with the positioner also duplicates some ID or reference that should be unique to the item? Or maybe some important data is omitted? You said that DD works only through other mods, and I have no other mods that use DD, so creating things with console commands is not the procedure recommended by the manufacturer.

No problems with DD other than the annoying messages. Is there any way of turning them off?

6.02_01.jpg

On 4/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, Heulsuze said:

Thanks for that message I have been trying to work out what was going on with the slaver's armbinder for the past hour or so.