8 hours ago, The Insane One said:

Thanks, I will try that.  I believe they are compatible, I used all three and more in LE and in my earlier testing in SE.  It seems all new installs begin the same way, using DD animations.  This is the first time, I was unable to fix it, in either iteration of Skyrim(LE or SE).  There is a FOMOD error in DD, a missing folder, but it doesn't seem to be related to this problem.  I haven't tried to track it down yet, I was mostly, testing my load order with 380+ active ESM, ESP/ESL's, just under 500 mods.

Thanks for the advice.

the fomod error is because the dll source files weren't included. it does not affect gameplay, they are only used when building the dll to a new skse version.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i have an interesting one for you, if i can remember which pieces. but i was recently wearing one of the thigh boots. and then one of the ankle cuffs was added by a trap, and that's when i noticed that my thigh boots, suddenly changed into knee boots lol. somehow the ankle cuffs made the thigh part of the boots invisible. the knee boots looked great though i have to admit :)

that is weird. but that would likely be adding a body slot to the ankle cuffs or boots, not sure how well that would work out with an actual bodyslot item. i'd hate to have catsuits and hobble suits go invisible just  because you're wearing ankle cuffs or thigh boots :)

I'll take a look, but that one might have to stay as is.

19 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

Incompatible DDa SKSE DDa Plugin ...I guess its from a older version and its incompatible with the new SKSE

The plugin is compatible still. It's been compatible since shortly after 2.0.17 was released. Reinstall the DD all in one installer from the download page on the first post, then install again selecting 'none' for the DLL.

If you have dda, ddi, dde installed separately, remove them.

9 hours ago, zarantha said:

the fomod error is because the dll source files weren't included. it does not affect gameplay, they are only used when building the dll to a new skse version.

Thanks, everything seemed to work, so I wasn't super worried about the FOMOD error.  I figured, as far as the dll, there would have been a notification in MO2.  Plus I have all the extra fixes and such installed.  Thanks for the explanation.  It may help with tracking down an issue I have with another mod.  Although, that is definitely because it is a LE port, I ported myself and I am not well versed in updating dll's.  I guess it is time to learn.

5 minutes ago, The Insane One said:

Thanks, everything seemed to work, so I wasn't super worried about the FOMOD error.  I figured, as far as the dll, there would have been a notification in MO2.  Plus I have all the extra fixes and such installed.  Thanks for the explanation.  It may help with tracking down an issue I have with another mod.  Although, that is definitely because it is a LE port, I ported myself and I am not well versed in updating dll's.  I guess it is time to learn.

Still need to learn that myself, lol. I figure I'll take a whack at the DD DLL with the next update. But yeah, the LE ports with DLLs are the hardest, since those can't be converted and do need to be recompiled.

Someone pointed me at a tutorial that has an example plugin. Haven't gone through it yet, but it was highly recommended that I start there. For recompiling, you don't necessarily need to understand the code ( bonus if you do! ), you just need the steps to recompile it against the current skse version.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SKSE_Plugin_Creation

20 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Still need to learn that myself, lol. I figure I'll take a whack at the DD DLL with the next update. But yeah, the LE ports with DLLs are the hardest, since those can't be converted and do need to be recompiled.

Someone pointed me at a tutorial that has an example plugin. Haven't gone through it yet, but it was highly recommended that I start there. For recompiling, you don't necessarily need to understand the code ( bonus if you do! ), you just need the steps to recompile it against the current skse version.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=SKSE_Plugin_Creation

Fricking awesome, thanks.

I can't remove iron fetters from my player. Literally there's no option to remove. Just "Put them on" and "Carry On". Console commands don't work either. 

Edit: It's not my save. Just tested on a new save and the same problem occurs. Most likely Iron Fetters are broken. 

So i started a new game today and i have noticed that my Armbinders and Yokes don't have the right animations my characters arms are just chilling outside the armbinder with no hands when i draw my "weapons" and walk around i do have the correct animation though so only when standing still and walking normally without drawn weapons it doesn't work and i also can't kneel and crawl in sanguines debauchery which is a problem i also didn't have before i didn't change my load order or anything so idk what could be the cause.

8 hours ago, Dr.p345 said:

I can't remove iron fetters from my player. Literally there's no option to remove. Just "Put them on" and "Carry On". Console commands don't work either. 

Edit: It's not my save. Just tested on a new save and the same problem occurs. Most likely Iron Fetters are broken. 

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=3077930

Known and unresolvable:

Conflict with No Enchantment Restriction SKSE Remake - Uninstall No Enchantment Restriction
        Locks break / don't work with this installed, and likely other unlisted conflicts

As elsidia said, iron fetters are fine. Make sure you don't have the mod 'no enchantment restriction' or  some other mod that modifies enchantments for other mods installed, because it conflicts with DD.

image.thumb.png.e84b83f90b3bac13e812b76ba03942c2.png

Hi! Please let me know: Should I always let Devious Devices overwrite everything (for compatibility I guess), or should other mods, like Cursed Loot, overwrite the DD files?

I noticed The ball gag does not open the mouth. My idea would be to add the "Mfg Fix" from the Nexus to my mod setup (had no time to test yet). Is that correct or what else is there to know about that?

Thank you very much.

18 hours ago, Dr.p345 said:

I see. Thanks for the heads up!

there is a way to remove them using console commands. i've had to do this a few times here and there. oddly enough, lately it's been happening more often than it ever did.

1. open the console, and click on the PC so that the "ID" of the PC is shown on screen.
2. type "show inventory"

3. towards the bottom of the list, you should see items that are "worn". look for the one that matches the item you're wearing and note the ID.

4. type "player.removeitem", then a space and add the ID# of the item, another space, then add the number of items you want removed, in this case, would be "1". so the string would like this this in the end: "player.removeitem xxxxxx 1"  ( the XXXXX is a simlulated ID# lol)

once you type that in, you'll hear the removal sound, get out of console, and the item should be off

7 hours ago, effrenatus said:

Hi! Please let me know: Should I always let Devious Devices overwrite everything (for compatibility I guess), or should other mods, like Cursed Loot, overwrite the DD files?

I noticed The ball gag does not open the mouth. My idea would be to add the "Mfg Fix" from the Nexus to my mod setup (had no time to test yet). Is that correct or what else is there to know about that?

Thank you very much.

DD and DCL use the same assets because they're from the same author. Which of them overwrites does not matter. Other mods than cursed loot should not be overwriting DD scripts. Meshes/textures could change the visuals but won't impact functionality - just make sure nothing in behaviors or animations are overwritten.

MFG Fix is the accepted solution for gags. There's also another gag fix to fix an edge case on loading.

mega post with all the troubleshooting and links:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-43/?do=findComment&comment=3077930

Mouths not opening for gags == Install MFG Fix or another MFG mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669

Mouth not opening properly with a gag on load == DD 4.3 Gag fix (should be fixed in DD 5.0): https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-43a-2019-09-10/?do=findComment&comment=2760447

4 hours ago, qawsedrftg765 said:

@zarantha Your people need you!

Lol, I'm working on it, I promise!

Some of the bodyslide conversions were off, so I got bogged down fixing those, as well as trying to fix the calves and arms. That's the only holdup and I think I'm on the downside now.

Considering how many complaints there were on that, I'm trying to get a good final cleanup on those so we don't have umpteen million different bodyslide patches and hdt patches floating around.  And fixing the fking fomod so it's clearer on what dll is needed, lol.

22 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Lol, I'm working on it, I promise!

Some of the bodyslide conversions were off, so I got bogged down fixing those, as well as trying to fix the calves and arms. That's the only holdup and I think I'm on the downside now.

Considering how many complaints there were on that, I'm trying to get a good final cleanup on those so we don't have umpteen million different bodyslide patches and hdt patches floating around.  And fixing the fking fomod so it's clearer on what dll is needed, lol.

The hero we need, above and beyond what we deserve.

Is there sense to rush up? DD 5.0 itself does nothing to DCL 8.5 also old mods will stop functionality and there's no many mods what are up for DD 5.0? Also DD 5.0 asks for new game. Makes sense to install DD 5.0 only after DCL 9.0 or any other big mod what updates for DD 5.0? And it makes sense because DCL 9.0 too wants new save game.

23 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Is there sense to rush up? DD 5.0 itself does nothing to DCL 8.5 also old mods will stop functionality and there's no many mods what are up for DD 5.0? Also DD 5.0 asks for new game. Makes sense to install DD 5.0 only after DCL 9.0 or any other big mod what updates for DD 5.0? And it makes sense because DCL 9.0 too wants new save game.

These mods don't necessarily require a new save game each. It is just that you cant have a save for 9.0 or 5.0 that has been polluted with 8.5 or 4.3 respectively. Also the DD beta was pretty extensive, I personally did a play-through of Laura's Bondage shop, Being a Cow and had the effects of Devious Lore in place on LE. There was a little weirdness with BaC and MilkMod but nothing crazy.  I think if you are willing to try a dummy load order and use DD 5.0 on LE with a lot of older mods many will still work and/or will work better.

The   golden rule of creating a mod list is that you can add to it, you just can't remove. So if you have an compromised save that hasn't had a single DD element you should be able to add to it.

Of Course starting a save with everything in play and never changing anything is always the best practice, but let's be real, no one does that.

42 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

For anyone with issues where the devices doesn't equip, or gets bugged on equip/unequip, there were significant improvements to that system. That does not depend on DCL.

There are also significant improvements to the animation filter to make it work better. Which is good, because  it cannot be disabled completely.

MCM settings can now be saved.

The boot script now check for skee has been added to the LE script, so we no longer need to update the script when/if there's changes. Anyone still getting the warning has something over writing DD that should not be.

Gag fixes have been added

Struggle animation fix has been added

Beast Race Refits and Devices for Him are now part of the main DD mod - they are optional installs, but now you don't have to hunt them down.

Bondage Furniture is added, this will be used more by DCL 9.0.

If you can wait though, wait for the DCL 9.0 release, because that will also require a new game.

It all boils down to how frustrated are you with the equip issues and animation issues.

Also, ALL fixes, updates, patches, whatever you have for SE should be removed when DD 5.0 is installed. If there's still an issue, we need to know and it needs to be reported. Once I finish the conversion of course :)

Full changelog:

Spoiler

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157168-devious-devices-le-50-2020-11-18/?do=reportComment&comment=3201462

Devious Devices 5.0

- Added: The code handling equipping and unequipping devices has been rewritten. It's many times faster than the old implementation, and its performance isn't adversely affected by large actor inventories. The new API functions for handling items no longer require passing the rendered device or the keyword. This further reduces processing time, as CPU-expensive functions to determine these parameters for a given inventory device no longer have to be performed prior to manipulating devices.
- Added: The DD expansions "For Him" and "Beast Races Refit" (adding DD support for male and beast race characters, respectively) are now an official part of the framework. Installation of these components is optional, but recommended.
- Added: DD now has built-in support for gagged voices. When actors are gagged while having sex, appropriate gagged voices are used. 3rd party mods are no longer required for this feature.
- Added: Over hundred variants of the straitjackets made by Uneven Steven have been added.
- Added: For easy picking of random devices from the DD library, close to a hundred LeveledItem lists have been added and exposed to the API in the new zadDeviceLists script (which is attached to zadxQuest, as only DDX knows all DD devices). The lists are organized in tiers, so it's e.g. possible to pick a leather armbinder, any armbinder, or any type of wrist restraint. This feature is meant to replace the performance-expensive item database.
- Added: New library function StartValidDDAnimation() that will select and start a valid DD animation in a way that will not trigger the animation filter. The function will pre-apply most fallbacks the filter could, to maximize chances that a valid animation can be picked. DD mods are recommended to use this function to start sex scenes.
- Added: New API function SwapDevices() that can safely swap out a worn device to replace with one of the same type. If no conflicting devices are worn, the function behaves like LockDevice()
- Added: MCM toggle for the Manipulate Lock feature. If set to false, players can NOT opt to manipulate the lock of a device they're voluntarily equipping. False is also the default value.
- Added: Manipulated locks have been overhauled. Mods can now determine if a device has its lock manipulated by calling IsLockManipulated(Actor a, Keyword kw). The lock manipulation status can now bet set by calling SetLockManipulated(Actor a, Keyword kw) and SetLockUnManipulated(Actor a, Keyword kw), respectively. This obviously works for the player only, as NPCs cannot wear manipulated devices.
- Added: New API functions: GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword(Actor a, Keyword kw) can determine a rendered instance of a device worn in a certain slot without having to know the inventory device. IsGenericDevice(Actor a, Keyword kw) can be used to determine if the item in a given slot is a generic device, NOT tagged with blockgeneric or questitem keywords. Both functions are VERY fast and should be used instead of slower GetRenderedDevice(GetWornDevice()) combos.
- Added: zad_Material_* keywords to indicate the material of a DD device. These keywords can be used for e.g. dialogue purposes or helpful backsmiths etc.
- Added: zad_Property_* keywords can now indicate special traits of a device, such as whether it is painful to wear, or makes a lot of noise.
- Added: Moan sounds have been added to several device events.
- Added: Mod Events for inflatable plugs. See zadlibs.SendInflationEvent() for details.
- Added: The DD Contraptions NPC furniture interaction hotkey can now be configured in the DD MCM. It still defaults to PgUp.
- Added: A new MCM toggle allows the user to lock out the MCM difficulty settings while wearing restraints. This is to allow for a more hardcore experience.
- Added: The MCM configuration can now be saved, to avoid having to set the values for every new game!
- Added: Tighten/Untighten Devices: Linked DD devices can now be defined as device properties, that will replace the worn item with a "tighter" or "less tight" version (or really any arbitrary item) if it is getting unlocked. If a device has a less tight version defined, it will get automatically equipped when the player unlocks the currently worn device with a key. This allows modelling devices that have to be removed gradually. Also, tightening/untightening can be performed by script, using the new zadlibs.TightenDevice() and zadlibs.UntightenDevice() functions. Using the normal script API functions for manipulating devices will NOT trigger (un)tightening.
- Added: zadSlaveBootsScript now checks for the presence of the SKEE plugin too, to enhance SE compability.
- Added: New and cleaned up Bodyslide slider sets.
- Added: New inflatable panel gag variant
- Added: Colored variants of several catsuit models, to make the correct color model display in First Person Mode.
- Changed: Open belts now permit inserting and removing butt plugs.
- Changed: Many animation filter improvements. The animation filter will now hide any wrist bindings when an animation involves creatures, to allow the filter to select valid animations.
- Changed: Added a feature to detect device swaps (replacing a DD device in the same device slot) in progress and make sure the removal operation completes before trying to equip the new device.
- Changed: Rubber socks no longer make you trip over your heels...
- Changed: The DD animation filter can no longer be disabled, as it is essential for ensuring the game using correct animations for bound characters. Players who do not want to watch DD's limited choice of bound animations can still uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in MCM, which will make DD temporarily hide restraints that would normally require bound animations. In this case, the full selection of registered SLAL animations will be used. Restraints preventing certain kinds of intercourse (belts, gags, bras etc.) will still be respected.
- Changed: Several DD animations had some tags changed to improve animation filter behavior.
- Changed: Plugs and Suits now also check for zad_permitAnal and zad_permitVaginal keywords, which allows for creating devices that allow intercourse despite they'd normally block it.
- Removed: Code related to the deprecated DD3 escape system.
- Removed: DD Expansion items no longer register to the device database. This is the first step in deprecating and removing this feature. DDA/DDI devices will still get registered for the time being, to allow mods that pull items from the database to continue functioning. To improve backwards-compability with legacy mods, users can use the "Register Devices" toggle on the MCM debug page to force registration of DDX devices to the deprecated device database. This might help some legacy mods directly picking DDX devices to continue working until they can get updated.
- Changed/Fixed: When a DD animation is started, the code no longer simulates a Forward-key tap to end a possibly enabled auto run. This will fix a CTD commonly experienced by some players, at the expense of the workaround no longer working.
- Changed/Fixed: If the animation filter finds certain DD devices having no complete selection for animations available, it will now hide the restraints, if the first attempt to replace the animations fails.
- Fixed: NPCs no longer have their hands clip out of straitjackets and elbowbinders.
- Fixed: When removing devices from an NPC, the code now checks for all wrist restraints, and not just armbinders.
- Fixed: When the player removes a device from an NPC, their outfit is now getting reset correctly. This works for unique actors only. The outfit will also be correctly reset when a device having no key is removed from an NPC.
- Fixed: The fix for the gag effect has been fixed.
- Fixed: Timed items now work correctly.
- Fixed: Bound combat perks are no longer removed from an invalid actor (when the perk system is disabled).
- Fixed: NPCs wearing hobble skirts no longer affect the player's walking speed.
- Fixed: Chain collars now use the correct DD device slot.
- Fixed: Removed a dirty world edit from DDI.
- Fixed: DDX corsets no longer block the belt slot.
- Fixed: zadlibs.NeedsBoundAnim() now checks for the pet suit as well.
- Fixed: The obsolete "Quest" page has been removed from MCM.
- Fixed: Removing restraints from dead NPCs no longer causes them to become reanimated in funny ways.
- Fixed: Added two missing textures for the wooden DDC yoke.
- Fixed: The animation filter will no longer ignore blocked sex interactions when picking bound animations.
- Fixed: Wearing a anal or vaginal plug will now properly block "access", even when no belt is worn.
- Fixed: SelectValidDDAnimations() will now set the permitVagial, permitOral, and permitAnal flags to False if the animation would theoretically allow it but the suppress tags given manually ruled it out.

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

ALL fixes, updates

All? How to decide what needs remove and what's not? As example MFgfix not related to DD but still need i think. Also DD 4.3 gag fix no more need. I have more confused what needs remove and what's not. I fear before get new working DD Skyrim i spend another 2 month to found out that)

The same i have modified DD and DCL (fix some important bugs for me) Later need to check if those is repaired or not) As for me i can and i do wait for DCL 9.0 to try something new.

3 hours ago, qawsedrftg765 said:

So if you have an compromised save that hasn't had a single DD element

I play Skyrim only for DD because all my saves have DD)

I don't like Skyrim. I like DCL and DD. Also Laura Bondage shop, but at that moment all quests are done and i'm not play Skyrim.