20 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Then load a game and wait while DD registers bound animations?

I think those are the sex animations, not the walking/idle animations. So I don't think it's dependent on the SexLab initialization. At least, as far as I can tell when looking at the list of DD animations I see getting registered in my papyrus log. I don't see anything that's not a sex animation of some kind.

18 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Does the mod still have many bugs or can you add them to your gameplay?

Depends on what you mean by bugs.

The SE version still has issues with HDT SMP. The items will have physics and move, but chains connecting together is still a problem. That's an HDT issue with how chains have to connect, not a DD issue. It will remain an issue until HDT SMP can fix it, or until the meshes can be rebuilt to not include a loop.

DD 5.0 is in beta now and greatly improves device equips and fixes some other bugs from 4.3. It will be released soon, assuming nothing too game breaking is found.

12 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Is there a new Devious Devices 5.0 or SSE and Oldrim?

I see mods being updated for DD 5.0, but don't see a DD 5.0 download.

DD 5.0 is still in beta. Once Kimy releases the full version we will convert the mod to SE for Kimy to add here for SE users.

If you want to test the beta, it's located here. new patches will be delta patches also posted in the thread so make sure you follow it. Report issues there, not here.

It will involve you doing some work, there is no SE version of the beta, only the LE version.

Basic conversion steps (there will be issues with new outfits)

• Run the mod through CAO - you must extract the BSAs if you install beast race refits and/or DD for him and convert the animations
  • Copy the DLL from 4.3 to 5.0 and replace it
  • install the CBBE SE bodyslide conversion
  • for now, install ddhotfix to prevent HDT from causing CTDs.
  • do not install old script fixes for nio, gags, or controllers

Hi folks, I was hoping you could impart to me some wisdom about a lightweight way to resolve an issue. 

I have Devious Devices installed on a setup. Currently the device hider function is active. My inclination is to use this feature because most of the armor and clothing in this playthrough is at risk of clipping issues with some of the devious undergarments like chastity belts. 

However, I am also running Gigaduex Armor Sets SE, which includes several tops/bottoms combos where the shirt is in slot 32 and the pants are in slot 49. Therefore, when I equip the shirt, it hides the pants mesh and leaves the actor imitating Rosa Round-Bottom. 

Is there a keyword I can apply to the pants to exempt them from the device hider? Or are my only options to either change the pants' slot assignment or use the MCM to exempt slot 49 from the device hider globally when slot 32 is in use?

Please let me know... or if I am missing a better option beyond these three choices.

1 hour ago, janedynamite said:

Is there a NPC who can sell me keys to set myself free like Kimy from Goodneighbor (Fallout 4). Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I couldn't find it in the description, thanks

From this mod no. From other mods like DCL, yes. Dollmaker sells keys.

From this mod, you should be able to craft keys though, after or around when you're able to craft restraints.

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

Hi folks, I was hoping you could impart to me some wisdom about a lightweight way to resolve an issue. 

I have Devious Devices installed on a setup. Currently the device hider function is active. My inclination is to use this feature because most of the armor and clothing in this playthrough is at risk of clipping issues with some of the devious undergarments like chastity belts. 

However, I am also running Gigaduex Armor Sets SE, which includes several tops/bottoms combos where the shirt is in slot 32 and the pants are in slot 49. Therefore, when I equip the shirt, it hides the pants mesh and leaves the actor imitating Rosa Round-Bottom. 

Is there a keyword I can apply to the pants to exempt them from the device hider? Or are my only options to either change the pants' slot assignment or use the MCM to exempt slot 49 from the device hider globally when slot 32 is in use?

Please let me know... or if I am missing a better option beyond these three choices.

There's probably something you can use, maybe load the mod in xedit and look at the keywords.

But I'd lean more towards exempting slot 49 in the device hider. Changing the slot will likely affect the ability to use armor pieces together for the armor mod.

And if there's issues with clipping with what you're using, you could modify the nifs in outfit studio for your own use.

37 minutes ago, zarantha said:

There's probably something you can use, maybe load the mod in xedit and look at the keywords.

But I'd lean more towards exempting slot 49 in the device hider. Changing the slot will likely affect the ability to use armor pieces together for the armor mod.

And if there's issues with clipping with what you're using, you could modify the nifs in outfit studio for your own use.

Yeah, I've been creeping towards that conclusion as well. I toyed with the idea of moving the pants to slot 32 and then putting the shirts in one of the upper body slots (to address potential issues with SOS that I hadn't really considered before that point) but that poses some challenges of its own. Ultimately I'll probably need to do some in-game testing to figure out which solution has the fewest complications.

Edit to follow up: speaking in SOS, does anyone know if the device hider works gracefully with slot 32 items that have the SOS_Revealing keyword on them? If not, I'll probably have to throw out the device hider anyway.

11 hours ago, gregaaz said:

You need add DDI as master file to that mod and keyword zad_NoHide [KYWD:0C043F84] - add to body armor. This body armor then ignores any hiding items. That means DD items will be too no hide. There is bug. If you wear lockable body armor as catsuit from DCL and this armor have this keyword it no hide a DD items but if you try wear other body armor it's not wear that armor on, but device hider hides all DD items because it's think, that catsuit is off. After save reload device hider starts no hide items again.

On 7/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, YojimboRatchet said:

in the DD meshes folder, there is a "nosering", but when i look up the DD inventories (additmenu) ingame, i cannot find this norering at all. how do i access / get this nosering, or does it exist ?

(i also have some very specific questions about bodyslide grouping in DD, and how to edit them to my liking, am i able to message anyone directly as to not spam this thread since it isn't technically support?)

so is there a noseing?

6 hours ago, Elsidia said:

What? First time to hear. Is there a tutorial how to start craft this? WOW!

Don't recall at the moment :D

I've been restarting so often fixing things recently I rarely get out of the starting cell. I used to do it, and don't recall it taking long to get to that point. Maybe just go to a forge and see if you can?

It's there though - they were talking about removing the feature for dd5 but they decided to keep it.

image.png.56e691ca0bc834a13bd8efcda3a86b34.png

6 minutes ago, lucakro said:

so is there a noseing?

There is not. The mesh is there, but there is no in game item. You'll have to use a mod that adds them, or make the mod yourself.

It was asked recently in the beta thread. Kimy's response:

If I remember right, the nose ring I got offered to merge, but this particular item I cannot really merge, because DD has no free slot for such a device type (there is no item like it in DD). Not even sure I think that item is on topic for DD. It's not, really. I know you could make a similar point for the piercings, but to be completely honest with you, had I been already in charge of DD back then, I wouldn't have added these, either. They aren't restraints by any stretch of imagination.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

forge and see if you can

That's not so easy. But if you know what you need to search you find it. I can agree. It's a little bit cheating: can craft items and keys.

And i found only by study a DDI in xedit and later found this thing into Skyrim officially.

Want a spoiler what you need to do?

8 hours ago, Elsidia said:

You need add DDI as master file to that mod and keyword zad_NoHide [KYWD:0C043F84] - add to body armor. This body armor then ignores any hiding items. That means DD items will be too no hide. There is bug. If you wear lockable body armor as catsuit from DCL and this armor have this keyword it no hide a DD items but if you try wear other body armor it's not wear that armor on, but device hider hides all DD items because it's think, that catsuit is off. After save reload device hider starts no hide items again.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

I can't seem to get the animations for the bindings themselves to work. Whenever I equip the yoke, my character runs around like she has it on, but her hands are below it. The idles for the items don't appear to work either. When I equip an arm binding, my hands dissapear. Help?

1 hour ago, Drag0nHunt3r55 said:

I know the problem is that devious devices 4.2 is not compatible with skse 2.0.19

is this true ?

how do you know it isn't ?

if this is true and there is a patch, then yes please, someone post it here. might explain why i am having so many issues for the last 3 weeks.