Kimy

Devious Devices SE 5.1 (2021-03-24)

3 hours ago, Wang Sir said:

i've been trying to update bodyslide sutdio, notice that there's no presets or only having two "DD natural UNP" while i'm using cbbe for everything else. This only happens when i only selects the devices, my presets shows up for bodies, other cloth and etc. 

Should I be alarmed? Will this cause inconsistency when I'm wearing device? should I manually transcript all values from my presets so the DD item has the same thing?

Currently, when using morph, the belly goes much larger and "pointy-er" in DD cloth than everything else. 

Save your preset as a custom preset, when it asks you what categories to assign it to click them all on. It will then allow DD stuff to morph to your preset body. 

I apologize in advance if I'm asking a redundant question and/or if this is not the appropriate place to ask. I'm just trying to  navigate the minefield of outdated and contradictory information that is modding Skyrim in 2020.

Does anyone know if the VR release found way back here

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=573021

works with Devious Devices 4.3 and sksevr 2.0.11? There's no version numbering on the archive or on the .dll  itself. More generally is there an up-to-date DD for VR thread that I should be looking at, the one that comes up with a search was last updated before a lot of things changed.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:03 PM, YojimboRatchet said:

snip

its not a large file, just download it and build what you need then uninstall if you are worried of file size.

the boots aren't included in any cbbe se conversion, only way to get them is from the uunp conversion.

straigthjacket is also fixed in this, last time i checked anyway.

On 7/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, jaeos said:

Save your preset as a custom preset, when it asks you what categories to assign it to click them all on. It will then allow DD stuff to morph to your preset body. 

thanks! 

On 7/10/2020 at 6:36 AM, Yegie said:

So I had everything working for a little while, but seemingly randomly stuff that is equipped on to me (CD, Cursed Loot) stopped showing up and can be equipped and unequipped freely with no popup. Items on my followers show up and to unequip those I do need to use a key. Is this a commonly known issue? If not I can try to get papyrus logs and a load order, but I'm hoping someone might know a common cause for this?

I am using the up to date dll and bodyslide files.

+1, same here. It's odd, i believe this stuff worked fine when i first started the game, but it's been a few days of gametime now and CL traps do nothing, except entrap the follower at least. Can't really think up a convincing reason why it should bug out so either, tried debugging it to no avail.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, krk38 said:

I apologize in advance if I'm asking a redundant question and/or if this is not the appropriate place to ask. I'm just trying to  navigate the minefield of outdated and contradictory information that is modding Skyrim in 2020.

Does anyone know if the VR release found way back here

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=573021 71.1 kB · 1,185 downloads

works with Devious Devices 4.3 and sksevr 2.0.11? There's no version numbering on the archive or on the .dll  itself. More generally is there an up-to-date DD for VR thread that I should be looking at, the one that comes up with a search was last updated before a lot of things changed.

So I've got everything installed with 4.3 and Cursed Loot. There's no crashes, everything shows up in the MCM, there's two NPCs from Cursed Loot in the Bannered Mare, and I found some keys in a chest. It looks like everything's working. I noticed in xEdit that the levelled lists from Cursed Loot didn't get added to the bashed patch. Is this normal, since those levelled items are configurable in the MCM menu? Also my ability to test this is limited since I'm not sure what either DD or CL are supposed to do in detail lol. For example I'm not finding any actual devices in chests/on bodies/etc. Also I'm not sure how to unlock crafting at the forge. Is there supposed to be a perk I can select in the level up menu? I'm not seeing one.

On 7/9/2020 at 8:54 AM, iprollyneedhelp said:

1: you "Can" use it as a complete replacer, except that you will not have transparent zipsuit boots included, Those i simple could not get to work properly.

Some other outfits also have minor clipping, altough it is better than the current public release, these include the transparent zipsuit body, and BByoke.

2: If you want physics, you should build the physics versions of a bodyslide file. Only difference between hdt and non hdt is the removal/addition of breast bones for outfits, and hdt chains for boots.

3: The No-Clip version of certain outfits/accesories, are versions of the original with certain parts of the mesh removed to prevent clipping, either you build the regular version, and have clipping, or build the no-clip version, which might make the outfit not look as it should, preview in bodyslide and decide for yourself.

Thank you for the clarification...and for making these. I haven't seen everything; but so far, your version is a vast improvement over the current public release.

can anyone check and confirm if they are getting a CTD when trying to wear Iron Shakles and Rusty Iron Shackles ?

i wear them with the inventory open, click through the "are you sure" messages and then, when i close my inventory, it freezes and goes to desktop. first time i encounter this issue with any devices. need to know if it's just me or if if anyone else is getting this

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

can anyone check and confirm if they are getting a CTD when trying to wear Iron Shakles and Rusty Iron Shackles ?

i wear them with the inventory open, click through the "are you sure" messages and then, when i close my inventory, it freezes and goes to desktop. first time i encounter this issue with any devices. need to know if it's just me or if if anyone else is getting this

I do not. Your HDT SMP files are somehow corrupted 

8 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, seems silver fetters as well. i have gone through all the iron and steel and silver items and only these 3 seem to ctd for some reason. searched threads and can't find any logical answers why such a low number of items like this are causing ctd's for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, ZephirCry said:

Just klick on download at the right side.. everything inside that file.

Thank you!  I dunno why I didn't think to just click that button - too used to seeing the button highlighted green and seeing text to the left of it. @_@

I'm very sorry if this has already been answered, but all the things I found with the search function did not solve my problem. 

I can't any get heels / pony boots to work. It says it requires Netimmerseoverride. I read that that's included in racemenu for SE, which I have, and I've already downloaded fixes for High Heels from Nexus, but so far no luck.

What steps do I need to take to get heel items to work for SE?

On 7/8/2020 at 9:49 PM, Dalimar said:

i'm trying to load Devious Devices and keep getting a "DeviousDevices.dll; {Devious Devices SE 4.3.7z}": reported as incompatible durying query" message, could anyone help with this issue?

I'm getting this issue a lot as well.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, seems silver fetters as well. i have gone through all the iron and steel and silver items and only these 3 seem to ctd for some reason. searched threads and can't find any logical answers why such a low number of items like this are causing ctd's for no apparent reason.

well, i figure out that the file "DCL DD Zaz... fix" (whatever it's called) was causing the CTD's with the SMP chains, even though i have HDT SMP installed. when i remove that fix, everything works. the chains may look a bit broken but that's acceptable to me i guess. better than constantly crashing. now if only i can understand the reasons why this fix was creating a conflict with HDT SMP and why it those chains were causing the CTD's.....

I'm really confused to be honest. it wont even let me download this mod, so i tried the oldrim version and could download that, but now my character is A-posing. The site the link to download the mod goes to keeps closing every window and tab after it gets close to done finishing the download. I'd like help with this issue, but from what I'm seeing I'm the only one with this problem...

Is there a way to ban certain devices or classes of devices? I loathe the boots and a few other items. Every time they are put on (which is a TON, I go into Devious Followers MCM to remove them (It's the easiest way I know how).  If there isn't a way to ban then, is there an easy way to remove them since the MCM can be a bit sluggish.

If this isn't currently a feature I'd strongly recommend it. If there's concern that this could break mods relying on DD, perhaps removing the visual element of this would suffice.

6 hours ago, Mr.Krabss said:

I'm really confused to be honest. it wont even let me download this mod, so i tried the oldrim version and could download that, but now my character is A-posing. The site the link to download the mod goes to keeps closing every window and tab after it gets close to done finishing the download. I'd like help with this issue, but from what I'm seeing I'm the only one with this problem...

It's a MEGA link, if you can't download from that site that's on you. And don't use the LE version, there is a SE version in beta for a good reason.

5 hours ago, abode said:

Is there a way to ban certain devices or classes of devices?

AFAIK there isn't a way to disable devices from the framework, the framework itself doesn't add them at all to your character. Which devices are used in game depends on the mods you're using to make them playable items. Some mods have an MCM to tweak this to a certain degree, others not.

2 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

It's a MEGA link, if you can't download from that site that's on you. And don't use the LE version, there is a SE version in beta for a good reason.

Update, literally didn't change how I did anything when trying to download the file except not use an incognito window and it worked. I don't know what was wrong with it...