can anyone check and confirm if they are getting a CTD when trying to wear Iron Shakles and Rusty Iron Shackles ?

i wear them with the inventory open, click through the "are you sure" messages and then, when i close my inventory, it freezes and goes to desktop. first time i encounter this issue with any devices. need to know if it's just me or if if anyone else is getting this

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

can anyone check and confirm if they are getting a CTD when trying to wear Iron Shakles and Rusty Iron Shackles ?

i wear them with the inventory open, click through the "are you sure" messages and then, when i close my inventory, it freezes and goes to desktop. first time i encounter this issue with any devices. need to know if it's just me or if if anyone else is getting this

I do not. Your HDT SMP files are somehow corrupted 

8 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, seems silver fetters as well. i have gone through all the iron and steel and silver items and only these 3 seem to ctd for some reason. searched threads and can't find any logical answers why such a low number of items like this are causing ctd's for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, ZephirCry said:

Just klick on download at the right side.. everything inside that file.

Thank you!  I dunno why I didn't think to just click that button - too used to seeing the button highlighted green and seeing text to the left of it. @_@

I'm very sorry if this has already been answered, but all the things I found with the search function did not solve my problem. 

I can't any get heels / pony boots to work. It says it requires Netimmerseoverride. I read that that's included in racemenu for SE, which I have, and I've already downloaded fixes for High Heels from Nexus, but so far no luck.

What steps do I need to take to get heel items to work for SE?

On 7/8/2020 at 9:49 PM, Dalimar said:

i'm trying to load Devious Devices and keep getting a "DeviousDevices.dll; {Devious Devices SE 4.3.7z}": reported as incompatible durying query" message, could anyone help with this issue?

I'm getting this issue a lot as well.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:17 PM, YojimboRatchet said:

ok, seems silver fetters as well. i have gone through all the iron and steel and silver items and only these 3 seem to ctd for some reason. searched threads and can't find any logical answers why such a low number of items like this are causing ctd's for no apparent reason.

well, i figure out that the file "DCL DD Zaz... fix" (whatever it's called) was causing the CTD's with the SMP chains, even though i have HDT SMP installed. when i remove that fix, everything works. the chains may look a bit broken but that's acceptable to me i guess. better than constantly crashing. now if only i can understand the reasons why this fix was creating a conflict with HDT SMP and why it those chains were causing the CTD's.....

I'm really confused to be honest. it wont even let me download this mod, so i tried the oldrim version and could download that, but now my character is A-posing. The site the link to download the mod goes to keeps closing every window and tab after it gets close to done finishing the download. I'd like help with this issue, but from what I'm seeing I'm the only one with this problem...

Is there a way to ban certain devices or classes of devices? I loathe the boots and a few other items. Every time they are put on (which is a TON, I go into Devious Followers MCM to remove them (It's the easiest way I know how).  If there isn't a way to ban then, is there an easy way to remove them since the MCM can be a bit sluggish.

If this isn't currently a feature I'd strongly recommend it. If there's concern that this could break mods relying on DD, perhaps removing the visual element of this would suffice.

6 hours ago, Mr.Krabss said:

I'm really confused to be honest. it wont even let me download this mod, so i tried the oldrim version and could download that, but now my character is A-posing. The site the link to download the mod goes to keeps closing every window and tab after it gets close to done finishing the download. I'd like help with this issue, but from what I'm seeing I'm the only one with this problem...

It's a MEGA link, if you can't download from that site that's on you. And don't use the LE version, there is a SE version in beta for a good reason.

5 hours ago, abode said:

Is there a way to ban certain devices or classes of devices?

AFAIK there isn't a way to disable devices from the framework, the framework itself doesn't add them at all to your character. Which devices are used in game depends on the mods you're using to make them playable items. Some mods have an MCM to tweak this to a certain degree, others not.

2 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

It's a MEGA link, if you can't download from that site that's on you. And don't use the LE version, there is a SE version in beta for a good reason.

Update, literally didn't change how I did anything when trying to download the file except not use an incognito window and it worked. I don't know what was wrong with it...

7 hours ago, iprollyneedhelp said:

Gonna need more than that, screenshot?

Also, the actual arm part of arm restraints don't adhere to bodyslide, not really something i can easily fix, so either don't use huge arms, or don't use armbinders.

here!

20200717113724_1.thumb.jpg.5a7857c723008f8451eaf51602d97beb.jpg

20200717113718_1.thumb.jpg.8b4b9734f9e789792a32767345abda41.jpg

also, this rope also has clip:20200717113838_1.thumb.jpg.1fadbb1eba1fc06faba03106200ee257.jpg20200717113833_1.thumb.jpg.b6193d699049beb82e4672c8d94de56d.jpg

And I guess this clip happened because of my bode not the cloth?

20200717114429_1.thumb.jpg.f78847d3465e8aca35fa77392c5e9283.jpg

i need some answers on a few fixes related to the current version of DD please.

1.  DDi4Patch20180216: what is this patch for, what does it fix, and is this patch still needed / required with the latest version of DD ? the patch is datemarked 2018, but DD latest version for SE is from 2020. so i am wondering if it is redundant.

2. DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches -- updated May2019: what is this patch for, what does it fix, and is this patch still needed / required with the latest version of DD ? the patch is datemarked 2019, but DD latest version for SE is from 2020. i need to check when the latest version of zaz CBBE HDT was last updated but i believe it was in 2020 as well.

3. DDHOTFIX: what is this patch for, what does it fix, and is this patch still needed / required with the latest version of DD ? i am unsure when this patch was first posted / created but i am wondering if it is still relevant and required if it was a patch made before 2020 version of DD for SE

4. harness_gloves_hdt_fix: same questions as #3 (unsure of this is DD and/or Cursed Loot only)

5. prisoner_chain_hotfix: : same questions as #3 (unsure of this is DD and/or Cursed Loot only)

6. the 3bbb bodyslide file going around and recently updated. is it necessary if you have 3bbb body or can you be ok with the DD files. if it is required, then i need to know more information, such as how to install it (preferably noob steps description lol), and why it is needed, what it does.

are there any other fixes / patches for DD that isn't listed that i am missing ? if so, what are they, what do they do and are they still relevant to this version of DD SE ?

if someone has DD, Cursed Loot, Devious Followers and Zaz, where would these be installed ?

sooner i can get answers, i'd be grateful, please and thank you.

3 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i need some answers on a few fixes related to the current version of DD please.

1.  DDi4Patch20180216: what is this patch for, what does it fix, and is this patch still needed / required with the latest version of DD ? the patch is datemarked 2018, but DD latest version for SE is from 2020. so i am wondering if it is redundant.

2. DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches -- updated May2019: what is this patch for, what does it fix, and is this patch still needed / required with the latest version of DD ? the patch is datemarked 2019, but DD latest version for SE is from 2020. i need to check when the latest version of zaz CBBE HDT was last updated but i believe it was in 2020 as well.

3. DDHOTFIX: what is this patch for, what does it fix, and is this patch still needed / required with the latest version of DD ? i am unsure when this patch was first posted / created but i am wondering if it is still relevant and required if it was a patch made before 2020 version of DD for SE

4. harness_gloves_hdt_fix: same questions as #3 (unsure of this is DD and/or Cursed Loot only)

5. prisoner_chain_hotfix: : same questions as #3 (unsure of this is DD and/or Cursed Loot only)

6. the 3bbb bodyslide file going around and recently updated. is it necessary if you have 3bbb body or can you be ok with the DD files. if it is required, then i need to know more information, such as how to install it (preferably noob steps description lol), and why it is needed, what it does.

are there any other fixes / patches for DD that isn't listed that i am missing ? if so, what are they, what do they do and are they still relevant to this version of DD SE ?

if someone has DD, Cursed Loot, Devious Followers and Zaz, where would these be installed ?

sooner i can get answers, i'd be grateful, please and thank you.

1. I don't remember that patch, and don't use it. I doubt it's needed anymore.

2. I created this when we were first working on getting HDT SMP to work. Pretty sure we've been including the fixes in the AIO, so it shouldn't be needed, but some people still do use it. I have put the fixes in here into the DCL 8.5 port I did.

Contains: script fixes to let items using nioverride use Racemenu SE's skee instead, facegen data for DCL for 3 NPCs that caused a CTD, and the xmls and nifs for chains that use HDT. I believe some of the scripts are no longer used, so are redundant. I think the others haven't changed, but I'd need to redo the diff to confirm. The nifs haven't changed in a long time, so those are ok to use.

3. This patch is for those who don't use HDT SMP, or are still experiencing CTDs with HDT when chains are added to themselves or NPCs. It replaces the more problematic chains with a different, non HDT nif. (ie, this replaces prisonerchains with the full chain harness set). It conflicts with my HDT SMP patches, use one, not both. It needs to be installed after running bodyslide.

4. Fix to make the chains attached to the gloves instead of floating/flying around randomly.  The chains do not attach to each other, this is a limitation of HDT SMP that we have not been able to resolve. If pfiffy doesn't already have this on his list, i'll likely have him include it the next time DD gets updated. This complements my HDT SMP patch and should overwrite it.

5. Another patch for the prisoner chains. This was made by elsidia for a user still having problems viewing them after their personal HDT SMP issue was fixed. probably not needed if you have everything installed and patched correctly. Try without it first.

6. 3bbb has more breast bones than cbbe. if you don't care about body breasts and the outfit breasts clipping through each other oddly, then you don't need it. If you are using 3bbb, i'd recommend you use it.  DD contains only cbbe, not 3bbb.

These patches should come after Zaz, DD and DCL. I don't use devious followers, but if it contains assets and not just scripts, the patches should be loaded after this as well.

DD and DCL are by the same author and use the same assets. It doesn't matter what order they are in, but I usually have DCL overwrite DD.

22 minutes ago, saltshade said:

I don't have the mesh for the black ebonite armbinder and it's not in the bodyslides, so where is it?

I show it as DDX - CBBE - EboniteArmbinder. If you don't see it in bodyslide, try reinstalling again.

Looks like BodySlide has it saving to \meshes\devious\expansion\ArmbEbonite_0\_1.nif. The file may not exist until after you run bodyslide.

So the file pre-build would be in \CalienteTools\Bodyslide\ShapeData\Devious Devices\ArmbEbonite.nif

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

1. I don't remember that patch, and don't use it. I doubt it's needed anymore.

DDi4Patch20180216.7z

i included it if you wanted to look at it.

2. I created this when we were first working on getting HDT SMP to work. Pretty sure we've been including the fixes in the AIO, so it shouldn't be needed, but some people still do use it. I have put the fixes in here into the DCL 8.5 port I did.

Contains: script fixes to let items using nioverride use Racemenu SE's skee instead, facegen data for DCL for 3 NPCs that caused a CTD, and the xmls and nifs for chains that use HDT. I believe some of the scripts are no longer used, so are redundant. I think the others haven't changed, but I'd need to redo the diff to confirm. The nifs haven't changed in a long time, so those are ok to use.

3. This patch is for those who don't use HDT SMP, or are still experiencing CTDs with HDT when chains are added to themselves or NPCs. It replaces the more problematic chains with a different, non HDT nif. (ie, this replaces prisonerchains with the full chain harness set). It conflicts with my HDT SMP patches, use one, not both. It needs to be installed after running bodyslide.

so, use 1 not both, and ONLY if someone isn't using HDT-SMP ? i do use it and have 3bbb, so i would (should) pass on these then, correct ? But you also mention you're pretty sure it's already in AIO and as well in DCL 8.5 (assuming zaz8 also) so it would be redundant if you have latest version of both AND using HDT-SMP. but would only be viable IF using AIO and DCL 8.5 but no HDT-SMP, am i understanding this correctly ?

4. Fix to make the chains attached to the gloves instead of floating/flying around randomly.  The chains do not attach to each other, this is a limitation of HDT SMP that we have not been able to resolve. If pfiffy doesn't already have this on his list, i'll likely have him include it the next time DD gets updated. This complements my HDT SMP patch and should overwrite it.

so this one is highly recommended and still useful, am i correct ?

6. 3bbb has more breast bones than cbbe. if you don't care about body breasts and the outfit breasts clipping through each other oddly, then you don't need it. If you are using 3bbb, i'd recommend you use it.  DD contains only cbbe, not 3bbb.

ok, i may hit you up on this in more detail, but maybe privately at first so i don't spam the thread going back and forth if that is ok with you.

These patches should come after Zaz, DD and DCL. I don't use devious followers, but if it contains assets and not just scripts, the patches should be loaded after this as well.

DD and DCL are by the same author and use the same assets. It doesn't matter what order they are in, but I usually have DCL overwrite DD.

ok perfect, good to know and that answers many of the questions. although, the fixes i mentioned, were there any that were missing from the list that i didn't mention at all ?

main reason for this, is that i have / have been having serious issues with CTD's when wearing "shackles" of any type. it then started with "fetters" but Elsidia was able to help with that one. but no resolve on the Shackles. so i figured i would prep for a full gut and reload from scratch, but, to prep all the files, verify any questions i had, getting proper information and understanding things more so i have more control over what i am doing in the future is paramount for me.  these patches are the last items left on my list before i finalize everything and restart. so you've been extremely helpful.

the other reason was, that with all these patches and fixed floating around, no one knows what's what or can even find them, if they don't know they exist (new users or returning users, LE converts...) and reading through 100+ pages of text is not really viable lol. so if i could get the information required on these patches, i could send them to Kimy along with the proper information, and maybe Kimy would add the ones that are relevant to the first post so people don't have to search for them. well, at least in my mind it's a good thing to do, hopefully it is and practical /helpful at the same time :)