10 minutes ago, frankbeans said:

When equipping items from DDA the assets show up on the body but other than that nothing happens.

That is expected. The items from DDA are assets only, and do not have effects or scripts attached.

Instead, you want to equip items from DDI or DDX.

39 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

That is expected. The items from DDA are assets only, and do not have effects or scripts attached.

Instead, you want to equip items from DDI or DDX.

Thanks for replying! Was it always like this? Played LE a long time ago but can't remember dealing with this back then. Anyway you are mostly right, a lot of the items in integration and expansion do work (yay). It seems like most things except for cuffs works properly, so armbinders, yokes, boots etc, which is kinda shit cause cuffs is generally what I use (and hence why I thought all items were bugged). Any idea why only these might not work while the others do? 

1 hour ago, frankbeans said:

Was it always like this? Played LE a long time ago but can't remember dealing with this back then.

Yes, it is also true in Skyrim LE that DDA items lack scripts and effects.

1 hour ago, frankbeans said:

most things except for cuffs works properly

Which cuffs are you referring to? And what exactly do you mean by "works properly" ?

If you are referring to the various kinds and colors of "Arm Cuffs" and "Leg Cuffs", those are just for appearance. They can be locked and unlocked, but do not actually restrict the character's movement.

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

Yes, it is also true in Skyrim LE that DDA items lack scripts and effects.

Which cuffs are you referring to? And what exactly do you mean by "works properly" ?

If you are referring to the various kinds and colors of "Arm Cuffs" and "Leg Cuffs", those are just for appearance. They can be locked and unlocked, but do not actually restrict the character's movement.

Okay then, specifically the padded cuffs I remember locking hand movement behind your back but I think I might just have misremembered. Thanks for the clarifications though, it really helped to make sense of everything! I'm just new to SE modding and a little bit sceptical that about everything I do lol

4 hours ago, frankbeans said:

So I've got a rather strange problem. When equipping items from DDA the assets show up on the body but other than that nothing happens. No animations, no locking/unlocking/struggle things, no restrictions to actions, nothing. What's weird is that items from DDI will give the locking and escape prompts when equipping and unequipping but still no animations or restrictions. What's more is equipping items from ZAZ or using the ZAZ MCM menu will apply the appropriate animations, so it doesn't seem to be a animation problem. Any ideas for causes and solutions?

I have this problem as well expect instead of this being DDA related, neither DDX or DDI work

43 minutes ago, muhavaux33 said:

This happens when wearing the "slaver's armbinder"
https://ibb.co/YcpSfzC
also, the armbinders which can be put on and on freely (the ones that aren't locked) glitch and cut half of my arms and don't put them inside the armbinder:
https://ibb.co/2WwGnfV

what is wrong?

the clipping one looks like to be using the elbowbinder mesh. i've tried adding a bodyslide for both armbinder and elbowbinder in 5.0 that should be better at minimum. ymmv. if you still have clipping you'll need to adjust in outfit studio. Don't use the DDa armbinder for testing. Get one of the colored leather or ebonite armbinders from DDx.

Having a little trouble removing items from my character and inventory. I use the manipulate locks function from the MCM menu since I just like wearing a few devices for fun while trampsin' around Skyrim. Last night though, when I went to remove the devices they would just stay on! No prompt about unlocking them or anything. So I tried equipping again, this time I was asked to "put it on" or "carry on". Either way, it resulted with the device on, without a prompt to confirm you are putting it on or manipulate the locks. It says unequipped in my inventory, but then if you close out of the menu and open it again, it says equipped. Then if you try to drop the item, it just respawn in my inventory over and over again with a rainstorm of devices flying around everywhere! I tried reinstalling and still, nothing works. Does anyone know what's happening??

7 hours ago, LankyPanky said:

Having a little trouble removing items from my character and inventory. I use the manipulate locks function from the MCM menu since I just like wearing a few devices for fun while trampsin' around Skyrim. Last night though, when I went to remove the devices they would just stay on! No prompt about unlocking them or anything. So I tried equipping again, this time I was asked to "put it on" or "carry on". Either way, it resulted with the device on, without a prompt to confirm you are putting it on or manipulate the locks. It says unequipped in my inventory, but then if you close out of the menu and open it again, it says equipped. Then if you try to drop the item, it just respawn in my inventory over and over again with a rainstorm of devices flying around everywhere! I tried reinstalling and still, nothing works. Does anyone know what's happening??

Figured out my own problem .... it was the No Enchantment Restriction mod .... duhhh lol

5 hours ago, justapersonlol said:

I did i even reinstalled the game and did a clean reinstall and it still doesnt work

That would imply a conflict with another mod then. You'll have to remove all your mods and test with DD and it's requirements only. Then add your mods back one at a time until you find which mod is breaking it.

9 hours ago, zarantha said:

the clipping one looks like to be using the elbowbinder mesh. i've tried adding a bodyslide for both armbinder and elbowbinder in 5.0 that should be better at minimum. ymmv. if you still have clipping you'll need to adjust in outfit studio. Don't use the DDa armbinder for testing. Get one of the colored leather or ebonite armbinders from DDx.

I'm already using 5.0 and built all the restraints before posting here, so I'm going to guess that the only option left is to manually adjust. How do I do that? what is ymmv?

3 hours ago, saltshade said:

Is there a way to remove the creaking rubber sound from straightjackets? It's really bugging me.

I don't know for sure. back up your esm and files before trying this.

There's sound descriptors for suits and dresses for different speeds in DDx, this might be the sounds.

you can try these one at a time to be sure it doesn't cause CTDs:

1. just get rid of the .wav files

2. remove the .wav files from the sound descriptor in the esm

3. remove the sound descriptor entirely

image.thumb.png.446c40f1be04d655a4868b432f4a16ab.png

45 minutes ago, muhavaux33 said:

I'm already using 5.0 and built all the restraints before posting here, so I'm going to guess that the only option left is to manually adjust. How do I do that? what is ymmv?

ymmv - your mileage may vary.

i don't get clipping with them, you are.

There's four bodyslide files for armbinders - ok, i found the problem, maybe. There's supposed to be four files, looks like i missed the leather elbowbinder. it's in the group, i don't see the sliderset.

DDA - CBBE SE - Armbinder
DDX - CBBE SE - EboniteArmbinder
DDX - CBBE SE - EboniteElbowbinder
DDX - CBBE SE - Elbowbinder

anyway, to adjust, you would open the project in outfit studio and inflate the mesh until it's not clipping anymore. this is hard to do with the armbinders, because the standard pose doesn't put the arms in a position where you can see the clipping. You have to guess based on what you see in game. I've had to use the mod 'in game bodyslide launcher' to kind of do it live. launch bodyslide, then launch outfit studio, adjust, save, flip to another outfit in bodyslide, flip back to the armbinder/elbowbinder (so the new mesh is loaded), build it, unequip the armbinder in game and then reequip so the changes show up. rinse, repeat until clipping is fixed.

there's no non-annoying way to fix the armbinders. if you aren't doing it in game, you're doing the same steps with exiting and relaunching the game in between instead of unequip/equip

Edit: I need to figure out what the hell I was doing with these. I'll put the files up on the troubleshooting post some time over the weekend.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

I don't know for sure. back up your esm and files before trying this.

There's sound descriptors for suits and dresses for different speeds in DDx, this might be the sounds.

you can try these one at a time to be sure it doesn't cause CTDs:

1. just get rid of the .wav files

2. remove the .wav files from the sound descriptor in the esm

3. remove the sound descriptor entirely

image.thumb.png.446c40f1be04d655a4868b432f4a16ab.png

Thanks for the explanation. I also realized you can just replace the sounds with silent sounds, and there is no risk of CTD. Too bad I didn't think of that before asking. Sorry for making you post all that, but it's good to know anyway.

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

ymmv - your mileage may vary.

i don't get clipping with them, you are.

There's four bodyslide files for armbinders - ok, i found the problem, maybe. There's supposed to be four files, looks like i missed the leather elbowbinder. it's in the group, i don't see the sliderset.

DDA - CBBE SE - Armbinder
DDX - CBBE SE - EboniteArmbinder
DDX - CBBE SE - EboniteElbowbinder
DDX - CBBE SE - Elbowbinder

anyway, to adjust, you would open the project in outfit studio and inflate the mesh until it's not clipping anymore. this is hard to do with the armbinders, because the standard pose doesn't put the arms in a position where you can see the clipping. You have to guess based on what you see in game. I've had to use the mod 'in game bodyslide launcher' to kind of do it live. launch bodyslide, then launch outfit studio, adjust, save, flip to another outfit in bodyslide, flip back to the armbinder/elbowbinder (so the new mesh is loaded), build it, unequip the armbinder in game and then reequip so the changes show up. rinse, repeat until clipping is fixed.

there's no non-annoying way to fix the armbinders. if you aren't doing it in game, you're doing the same steps with exiting and relaunching the game in between instead of unequip/equip

Edit: I need to figure out what the hell I was doing with these. I'll put the files up on the troubleshooting post some time over the weekend.

Okay thank you, if the slaver's armbinder was added as an own option in bodyslide shouldn't that be able to fix the issue automatically by building like everything else? Also, I have a different question out of this topic:
dd1.jpg.2581b09cdabefdcc38c97c2d7bd073bb how do you get this kind of hogtie position?

2 hours ago, Dead Endv1 said:

Do corsets cause staggering when shouting? I'm trying to find out if its a setting from another mod or something inherent to corsets.

I have never tried to shout while wearing a restrictive corset, so I cannot confirm that feature, but it does conceptually make sense.

Google found a post from 2015 that does confirm what you are asking about:

I'm getting no animation I loaded in and stuck some devices on my PC and no animation my hands just disappeared so I thought I forgot to run FNIS but when it ran it showed it detected them but still nothing I really can't give much more detail as I just started my game I can give my load order if needed its a pit of degeneracy tho