[mod] Sexbound Viera Race Support (Thanks to Freyjasvalkyrie13 for Confirmation)

Sexbound Viera Race Support (Thanks to Freyjasvalkyrie13 for Confirmation)

This patch adds race support for the SexboundAPI of the Veira of Ivalice

Installation:

Unzip the content in the starbound mod folder

Requires:

[Sexbound API]

Sexbound API by Locuturus = https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4337-starbound-sexbound-api/

[ Viera Race Links ]

= Non-Steam Version =

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/wip-the-viera-of-ivalice.1533/

= Steam Version =

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732276079&searchtext=viera

Screenshot is limited to png/jpg image right now due to some problem on uploading .gif here.

Please Note that pregnancy will only work if the pregnancy.config code for "enableCompatibleMates" is set to "true". The config is located on the Sexbound Unpak Version: SexboundAPI\scripts\sexbound\plugins\pregnancy.config.

Race Compatible to Pregnancy:

• Bunnykin
  • Human
  • Ningen
  • Feel free to suggest other race that will be compatible with this race.

Changelog :

1.0 - First release of the Race Support.

3.0 - Updated to the latest SxB version with PoV function

Credits to the Original Race Authors:

= Freyjasvalkyrie13=

Credits to the Permission Requester:

= Eireann =

Permission from the original race author has been reserved for evidence purposes which can be distributed for the eyes who wants to see if its the real deal, please do not harass the mod authors or other people for answers regarding to this mod unless you haven't or can't even read any of the descriptions which provided already here.

You are a miracle worker sir. I tried to do this long time ago but i discontinue it since Vieras haves like 4 types of body structures in it's file and still didn't work after i did all that. I can finally now fuc.... err i mean pet my viera crew now. :smile:

14 hours ago, tk1026 said:

Thank you so much for your work!

Please, upload a patch for Draconis, Arachne and Lamia race support,,

Bless you!

I don't mind for those but thats a little too demanding. Because he would have to add dragonis wings on the arms ine very sprite. Then figure out how the legs will be used in the lamina and arachnee those 2 race would need a complete new sprite sheet or new animations. If he have time then draconis would be easier and trust me. Saying these stuff are easy but making them is tough as fuck. It took me almost a week from me making my custom race (exclusive to me and some of my discord buddies for now) and adding the api for it.

18 hours ago, tk1026 said:

Thank you so much for your work!

Please, upload a patch for Draconis, Arachne and Lamia race support,,

Bless you!

Thank you, I'll see to it that the Draconis will be an easy race to make, although Lamia and Arachne will be a challenge but still I'll try.

3 hours ago, Deviljho-san said:

I don't mind for those but thats a little too demanding. Because he would have to add dragonis wings on the arms ine very sprite. Then figure out how the legs will be used in the lamina and arachnee those 2 race would need a complete new sprite sheet or new animations. If he have time then draconis would be easier and trust me. Saying these stuff are easy but making them is tough as fuck. It took me almost a week from me making my custom race (exclusive to me and some of my discord buddies for now) and adding the api for it.

the other 2 races will be a bit of a challenge since their lower half is not humanoid but still I'll still try it but it will take longer than the humanoids one.

9 hours ago, [Void Watcher] Alastor said:

Thank you, I'll see to it that the Draconis will be an easy race to make, although Lamia and Arachne will be a challenge but still I'll try.

the other 2 races will be a bit of a challenge since their lower half is not humanoid but still I'll still try it but it will take longer than the humanoids one.

You're a pretty awesome dude! Just don't work yerself to death

Just in case, here's a list of races requested by people for Sexbound API's modded race support and was ordered by request date:

Kazdra = Done

Argonian = Done

Viera = Done

Elunite = Done

Everis = Starting

Familiar = Pending

Draconis = Pending

Lamia = Pending

Arachne = Pending

• 2 months later...

Not sure if its the changes or updates, but the Viera mod isn't retaining the viera sprites for interacting. Maybe something broke with the updated aphrodite's bow? Or am I doing something wrong? x///x But the sprites look like humes after being shot, and the player changes to one as well if they are viera.

49 minutes ago, MariannaGrimoire said:

Not sure if its the changes or updates, but the Viera mod isn't retaining the viera sprites for interacting. Maybe something broke with the updated aphrodite's bow? Or am I doing something wrong? x///x But the sprites look like humes after being shot, and the player changes to one as well if they are viera.

Any chance sending a screenshot on the problem and also on the mod folder of starbound would also help, Just discord message me so I can see the problem. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, RowanSkie said:

When will we get an updated version of this?

after the race author has approved the permission to use it for Sexbound, I can't usually be bothered going to him/her and ask for consent right now since I'm always busy at my SWAT work.  If anyone has the time to ask, go for it but it needs to specify where the race assets would be use for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 8:38 AM, [Void Walker] Alastor said:

If anyone has the time to ask, go for it but it needs to specify where the race assets would be use for.

Left a comment on their mod page asking to talk in private in regards to this compatibility mod. I'll let you know how that goes.

• 1 month later...

idk why im getting this issue but it looks like some frames are missing during the scenes. and in one pose my character's body is completely invisible. any advice/ideas what may be causing this?

-also sexbound had an update recently

6 hours ago, KiraCura said:

idk why im getting this issue but it looks like some frames are missing during the scenes. and in one pose my character's body is completely invisible. any advice/ideas what may be causing this?

-also sexbound had an update recently

outdated and still waiting for permission from the author, seems like the one who's asking for permission is too busy at the moment, if you can ask the race author that would be lovely since I'm too busy to be bothered talking to people on steam right now.

okie dokie ill go n try to ask them and tell them that its for this mod here. 

so.. theres not real way to send them a message on steam (as far as i know....) cuz theyre not my friend obviously but.. i left them a comment on the viera mod. asking if they could somehow contact me so i could talk to them about permission for use of their assets in a patch for an adult starbound mod that you have here. but yea i didnt go into great detail since its just in the comment section. so I'ma wait for their reply. 

-no response yet. instead another person linked me to one of the viera forum things on chucklefish but somehwere it says: 

( https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/wip-the-viera-of-ivalice.1533/ )

Mod Pack Permissions:
You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
Mod Assets Permissions:
Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a courtesy thing modders do. As support for custom races in the Sexbound API need to use the original assets as a jumping off point, compatibility mods could be considered an edit to the mod. It could also be considered a legal requirement, depending on how you wish to interpret things.

LL and Sexbound take it a step further by requiring explicit permission to create compatibility mods due to the nature of the API. Even if modifying permission is given in the original race's download page, you're still required to ask directly. I don't think it was a hard rule (merely heavily frowned upon) until Frackin Universe got peeved about their races getting compatibility mods and demanded they be removed. As far as I can recall, Frackin Universe is the only mod that goes out of its way to *prevent* Sexbound compatibility with dummy files.

i understand the legal and moral reasons.. i just dont understand how ... or well why he needs permission.. Again? cuz this mod had existed before and simply needs an update right? unless he never got permission in the first place... but as far as i understand its been received before? so ... why need it again? o_o sorry if im like.. apparently not understanding the situation.... 

1 hour ago, KiraCura said:

i understand the legal and moral reasons.. i just dont understand how ... or well why he needs permission.. Again? cuz this mod had existed before and simply needs an update right? unless he never got permission in the first place... but as far as i understand its been received before? so ... why need it again? o_o sorry if im like.. apparently not understanding the situation.... 

supports making back when Sexbound wasn't known to everyone was pretty much don't have its rules on creating one in the first place and some authors got annoyed/disappointed without them knowing that their race got supported by Sexbound which they have differences on how they view on this mod, thus it need go be enforced why permissions are needed regardless of what in the chucklefish forum said and also to lowers the probability of modders here getting DMCA as well.

• 3 weeks later...