OmegaSwordEX's Adult Careers (en-US / pt-BR) (Updated for 1.90 High School)

Seems to work, nice flavor text and using in game pictures in job selection. WW reliant promotions (exhib, sex skills, actions, yes/no events) seems like the next logical step, either way I like it and will keep it along side patched Jens until it would replace that to my satisfaction.

Good work, would recommend.

Edit:

Also if your hurdle for WW skill support is a technical one (im not saying it is maybe you just want it standalone) open jens wicked jobs in sims4studio and have a search, swapping/adding skill requirements is quite straightforward (although its the only thing I know how to do in s4s.)

6 hours ago, general.pudim said:

Download the files and open/extract with 7zip.

It worked here (I did this 5 minutes ago).

I was using 7zip to try and open them, for some reason it wouldn't.   Thanks though, knowing they had to open, I ended up doing a bit of a work around in WinRar to get them open, but they're open!  :smile: Thank you.

22 hours ago, Catlinadances said:

I was using 7zip to try and open them, for some reason it wouldn't.   Thanks though, knowing they had to open, I ended up doing a bit of a work around in WinRar to get them open, but they're open!  :smile: Thank you.

Usually when this happens, you just need to update your WinRar version.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:11 PM, batmantis56 said:

Seems to work, nice flavor text and using in game pictures in job selection. WW reliant promotions (exhib, sex skills, actions, yes/no events) seems like the next logical step, either way I like it and will keep it along side patched Jens until it would replace that to my satisfaction.

Good work, would recommend.

Edit:

Also if your hurdle for WW skill support is a technical one (im not saying it is maybe you just want it standalone) open jens wicked jobs in sims4studio and have a search, swapping/adding skill requirements is quite straightforward (although its the only thing I know how to do in s4s.)

Thank you for your input, and as you surmised, I am indeed trying to keep it standalone, but my next step is of course releasing a version for WW skills and objectives.

BTW: New Career Added - Pimping

4 hours ago, kitten83 said:

nice..now lets see if these work later when i play it..hehehe...thanks..since i got a lot of cc n mods so yea..hopefully my game will be smooth n such..

I use a really loaded game in terms of CC and other game mods and I've ensured this shouldnt conflict with anything as it only adds new careers and doesnt modify any existing ones.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, franco49 said:

Thank you for making and sharing these careers. I installed "Sex Worker" and I noticed that, in the phone, the "ask for a day off" option does not appear.
Thanks for any suggestions to solve the problem.

That seems to be a bug related to the scripts and Neia's tool, I've been trying to find a workaround but so far I havnt been able to reproduce accurately what causes it to appear or disappear from the menu. Once I have a proper fix I'll update all careers acoordingly.

Also, I'm looking for more ideas for careers. I've been thinking of making something more nitty-gritty rather than the current trend of "start low, become big and prestigious", something that keeps that feel of rough, promiscuous work. Any suggestions?

Figured out the cause of the PTO options not showing up.

Somewhere down the line I forgot to set the compressed archives for the scripts to .zip and was using .rar, I'm not able to mess with them right now but by tomorrow all scripts should be updated with internal formats that the game can actually read.

Careers are now updated.

8 minutes ago, stanleywa said:

I'm getting an error when saving that only appears when I have this mod installed.  Anyone else having this issue?  I have all expansions except Laundry.  Could that be a problem?  

I've tried saving in multiple instances (world map, in lot, with someone at work, etc) with all careers installed plus all my mods, and couldnt reproduce any kind of error. What kind of error are you getting, is it a LE error? What is the error message?

12 minutes ago, OmegaSwordEX said:

I've tried saving in multiple instances (world map, in lot, with someone at work, etc) with all careers installed plus all my mods, and couldnt reproduce any kind of error. What kind of error are you getting, is it a LE error? What is the error message?

Thanks for being so quick to respond.  The message says 'The game failed to save.  Error Code: 510:9dc1a3f0:56f662e2.  I currently only have sex worker career installed, but it's the same when I have tried the others.  Everything works fine until I get to the point where I try to save the game.  It looks like a file was generated called lastException.txt (attached) that has more detail, but doesn't seem to show what the conflict is.  

Thanks again!

lastException.txt

20 minutes ago, stanleywa said:

Thanks for being so quick to respond.  The message says 'The game failed to save.  Error Code: 510:9dc1a3f0:56f662e2.  I currently only have sex worker career installed, but it's the same when I have tried the others.  Everything works fine until I get to the point where I try to save the game.  It looks like a file was generated called lastException.txt (attached) that has more detail, but doesn't seem to show what the conflict is.  

Thanks again!

lastException.txt

Ok, I'll need you to answer these questions before I can try to think of a solution:

Are you patched to the latest version?
What kind of situation are your sims in when you try to save and get the error?

Do you get the error saving anywhere?

Do you have the careers and scripts installed in many levels of subfolders?
Do you have any mods installed that alter services ingame?
Did you install the Neia_Career_Commons file?

7 minutes ago, OmegaSwordEX said:

Ok, I'll need you to answer these questions before I can try to think of a solution:

Are you patched to the latest version? I'm at version    1.36.102.1020.  I'm not certain if this is latest patch.  I do not have laundry day or Jungle adventure.
What kind of situation are your sims in when you try to save and get the error?  Any situation

Do you get the error saving anywhere? Yes, I have traveled to several locations and back again trying to save at various places with same error message each time.

Do you have the careers and scripts installed in many levels of subfolders? I have them installed in a folder called Careers in the mods folder.  Not buried deep.
Do you have any mods installed that alter services ingame?  The only other script I have installed in WicketWhims.
Did you install the Neia_Career_Commons file?  Yes, Nela_Career_Commons is also in the Career folder

On 5/22/2018 at 12:25 PM, OmegaSwordEX said:

It seems to be a conflict with the game services. Try putting the career files in base folder.

Are you by any chance using a pirated copy of the game? The latest version is 1.42

It does appear it was my game version.  I went ahead and installed the 1.42 updates and now everything seems to be fine.  Thanks for all your assistance. 

• 2 weeks later...