worik

What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

I've had SSE installed for over a year, but it was put on the shelf due to a number of mod issues. I've been exploring the possibility of moving over again.

SMP is more taxing than I thought. With hair and body physics, the fps dropped to the low 40s in this view:

lNXqljOz_o.jpg

I took Lydia with me to kill some bandits in a cave nearby. The bandit leader was a Redguard. As we were fighting, Lydia said something I haven't heard in a long time: "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" I missed that line. I don't have Relationship Dialogue Overhaul installed with SSE, does it prevent that line from being used?

On 1/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, Alessia Wellington said:

RDO changes this line so it only gets used for Nords that are using the female young eager voice.

That's strange. I wonder what the reasoning is behind it.

6 hours ago, Jeff_9 said:

That's strange. I wonder what the reasoning is behind it.

I can't give you the correct answer to this, but I believe they did it to represent the Nord's pride. Some examples are, when you're in Windhelm, your follower may say: "Every Nord should admire Ulfric. He fights for all of us." It's a line commonly used by Hermir Strong-Heart, Oengul's apprentice. Another would be in Whiterun. You may hear "When the Stormcloaks took control of Whiterun, it was a victory for all true Nords.", which is used by Olfina Gray-Mane, if you've sided with the Stormcloaks, obviously.

18 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

I can't give you the correct answer to this, but I believe they did it to represent the Nord's pride. Some examples are, when you're in Windhelm, your follower may say: "Every Nord should admire Ulfric. He fights for all of us." It's a line commonly used by Hermir Strong-Heart, Oengul's apprentice. Another would be in Whiterun. You may hear "When the Stormcloaks took control of Whiterun, it was a victory for all true Nords.", which is used by Olfina Gray-Mane, if you've sided with the Stormcloaks, obviously.

I understand what the writers were doing. But I don't understand why the author of RDO decided to restrict "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!"

23 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

ok i was having a hard time beeing cruel to Olfina in Invamy but now that i know she celebrates the defeat of the Empire.. Someone get me a Horse!

5 hours ago, Jeff_9 said:

But I don't understand why the author of RDO decided to restrict "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!"

For the reasons I've explained. I believe they went for this route to keep all the patriotic/racist lines to one voice type for followers.

4 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

For the reasons I've explained. I believe they went for this route to keep all the patriotic/racist lines to one voice type for followers.

OK, I see what you're saying now. I wouldn't have touched it. I don't agree with some of the edits in the unofficial patch either.

I scrapped my vampire warrior playthrough. It was great until I started Dawnguard, then my interest fell off a cliff. I might just turn her into a follower instead.

7OhiRciE_o.jpg

Thinking that mod conflicts can be a good thing.

Stepped into Mara's Eye Den to find a fight in progress. By the time I got to this spot it was all done and dusted. Or, if you prefer, all done and vampire dusted.

Vampires courtesy of MINPCs and a dead Dovahkiin's Temptation from HSO.

Could have done with them an hour earlier when I was being chased all over the hills near Yngol Barrow by Big Mom. 😨

818856209_ModConflictMarasEyeDen.jpg.f68cd9fa220ef70a799c8034a92e0ebb.jpg