17 hours ago, yagonew said:

SailingRebel and my Dovahkiin thoroughly disagree with you on that ;);) 

Jokes aside, will he be a fully functional horse soon ? gonna w8 to download, walking around with a horse and not riding seems stupid, my Dovahkiin might be a slut but she's a smart one.

It would be cool if you had to befriend or gain his respect before you can ride him (the family-friendly kinda ride), like a quest.

Thanks for the mod by the way xD

That was the idea actually, to make him trust you enough to ride him. I have the dialogue setup to do it, but I don't know how to make the scripting happen, since he would have to be replaced temporarily with a real horse to make it happen. On top of that my skyrim setup has to be redone again, so If I really wanted to dig deep to get it working, I'd first have to spend days or weeks getting everything ready for testing.

He is currently combat capable and has all the functionality of a normal follower. Instead of riding him he can carry inventory and help fight enemies. He can also travel inside any interior another npc could go in, like caves and buildings.

1 hour ago, Subject2Host said:

That was the idea actually, to make him trust you enough to ride him. I have the dialogue setup to do it, but I don't know how to make the scripting happen, since he would have to be replaced temporarily with a real horse to make it happen. On top of that my skyrim setup has to be redone again, so If I really wanted to dig deep to get it working, I'd first have to spend days or weeks getting everything ready for testing.

He is currently combat capable and has all the functionality of a normal follower. Instead of riding him he can carry inventory and help fight enemies. He can also travel inside any interior another npc could go in, like caves and buildings.

Just spent the last 2 weeks getting my Skyrim good to go again so believe me when I say I feel your pain bro. Everything is working aside from not being rideable then?? If so I might try to roleplay the not riding bit, until you are done, Hope you can get it all working as you intend, thanks again for the mod. ^^

On 10/25/2018 at 9:51 PM, Subject2Host said:

Hey there! I really enjoy the mod! thanks a lot!

Regarding the ride function, I found something that may of help to you:
Tasheni - Author of Tasheni Follower. This mod has a horse where you can ride and talk to (function like what you mentioned by temporarily replacing the horse). 

There is also a discussion here . Maybe Kesta comment can help. 

Stay cool and good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that I love this mod. I do hope you can implement being able to ride him in the future, but one thing I feel might improve it is if you had to travel with him for a certain amount of time before you're allowed to access certain dialogue options, a bit like the relationship system in Fallout 4, you know? That way you'd feel like you really earned his love instead of fucking within minutes of meeting him. The conversations you have with him are great though, I really love it.

@Subject2Host Don't know if you remember me, you told me that you had difficulties with replacing phillip with a real horse to mount and back to follower if I'm not mistaken, here is a mod that does that, It's recentish so maybe you can get in contact with the author or find out yourself how he did it.  Dragonborn's Horse 4.0 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm very impressed with your "series of talking creature followers." By the way, are you interested in adding a special idea to your project? It's about changing the relationship between the creature and the owner. to become a woman married to creature, or to become a sexual slave to creature. change the relationship, change the dialogue. I think it'd be a lot of fun.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:25 AM, roger11 said:

dude, a talking horse? that is awesome! I'm curious was it inspired by Chronicles of Narnia by any chance? lol there is a literally a horse name phillip in this one  https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/993eee69-3894-49b6-a3de-e9fc4f040571 

and this scene at 0:30

PFFT   WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

XD

No, it wasn't inspired by that, but that's an amazing coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Prymerion said:

Can you consider port to SSE?

Only if someone else ports it. I don't use SSE and will never support it. The original skyrim, with its vast wealth of available mods, is more stable than SSE, looks better than SSE, has more modded content than SSE, and has more support for that exclusive content. SSE will never be able to replace Skyrim, and so I will not waste any of my time on it.

No. The original Skyrim is not more stable. It is very unstable in case huge mods such as Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. This is due to the fact that it is 32-bit and does not use additional memory. In fact, the whole Beyond Skyrim project will only be on SSE. Besides, many great mods and textures are no longer supported or written for old Skyrim. For example, I have not found Tempered Skins for LE. But it's your choice. I would like to continue using Oldrim, but the benefits speak for SSE.

9 hours ago, Prymerion said:

No. The original Skyrim is not more stable. It is very unstable in case huge mods such as Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. This is due to the fact that it is 32-bit and does not use additional memory. In fact, the whole Beyond Skyrim project will only be on SSE. Besides, many great mods and textures are no longer supported or written for old Skyrim. For example, I have not found Tempered Skins for LE. But it's your choice. I would like to continue using Oldrim, but the benefits speak for SSE.

Isn't the whole additional memory thing remedied with enboost?

Oooooo, I love the idea of this mod.  I've very much wanted something like this in my load order.  Indeed, I'll be keeping an eye on this.  As soon as Philip can be ridden, in it goes.  :)

On 1/18/2019 at 9:24 PM, Subject2Host said:

PFFT   WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

XD

No, it wasn't inspired by that, but that's an amazing coincidence.

?  ?  I think you should rename the NPC from Dodd to Edmond.  ?

"Skyrim is a 32-bit executable, the max it can see is 4GB's, but because of system processes and hardcoded values it can only actually use 3.5GB's. The game uses about 400MB for communicating with your OS/steam/etc ... leaving you with 3.1GB's. This is RAM not VRAM, there is an important distinction. ENBoost works in a different way regarding memory management:

"To expand on this, by default Skyrim copies all of the stuff in VRAM into regular RAM, because the engine is old and shitty. This means if you have 2GB of textures in your VRAM as well as 1GB of other stuff in your RAM, you will total at 3GB RAM usage, 2GB VRAM usage. IE this means your RAM usage will always be at least as much as your VRAM usage.

ENBoost doesn't allow skyrim.exe to use more than 3.1GB of RAM, that's an engine limit that is impossible to avoid. All it does is make it so instead of copying everything in your VRAM to skyrim.exe in RAM, it copies everything in your VRAM to a separate process, enb.exe.

So, while skyrim.exe can still only use a maximum of 3.1GB of RAM, Skyrim itself can use as much as you have available, as long as the huge amounts of extra RAM usage are because of higher VRAM usage getting copied into RAM (from HD textures, meshes, etc), but not if the extra RAM usage is Skyrim using more regular RAM (from things that are not in VRAM anyway).

Hopefully that made enough sense, and shed some light upon the wonder that is ENBoost."

- Quote by Moozilbee"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

Any idea when you might have time to work on the mod again? Would love to see where he goes!

Honestly it's unlikely at this point. I have little time to work on the many projects I set for myself. I can't really afford to spend an extended amount of time on each of these mods.