-Caden-

Run Dragonborn RUUUN! (Legendary)

5 hours ago, -Caden- said:

Hmmm, I will take a look at it, maybe it just gets so high it goes to a negative, like some of the potions in Skyrim, once I find it I will make a fix. Just so I know, are you uses any other enemy mods with this?

Wildcat and Mortal enemies (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73921) ? , no other mods that could change behavior of the enemies, apart from those 2.

holy crap 😲

with mages delight it takes 6 guards to take down one witch

needed to install extra guards to make towns save again

even the deadly wenches don't bite enough

had some epic fights already with dremora that killed my imba followers

the elementals are easy prey for the SLUTS carriage tho 😊

also my giants have -3k or -30k hp?

this can't be healthy 😁

EDIT:

- about giants -

RDBR Magics Delight is below all other hostile spawning mods

I use Ultimate combat, Enemies plus, Additional Enemies, Deadly Wenches

after removing RDBR the giants are healthy again

Hi Caden,

I have a question. Does this work with OBIS (the human version) and Immersive Creatures of Skyrim and SkyTEST (the creature version)?

Update: I think I can answer my own question: It doesn't. I have no problem versus the OBIS and other mod enemies, but sometimes I find vanilla enemies which are over the top.

Peace,

M

Howdy,

This idea is something I am pretty for as a whole, from what I understand this is a "general" change, you're ultimately changing level lists.

This has pros and cons, the pros are that it's pretty easy to reach in and generate a level list for characters and the changes are done on a pretty global scale, the cons is that game balance for a play through is not taken into consideration (IE you can't really designate embershard or bleak falls to be "starter" dungeons with lower level enemies so a level 1 PC can actually go there to level up) This is broad and you being the mod maker you have a better grasp of these concepts, but I'm stating it here so you can grasp that ISN'T what I'm going to discuss, since I'm going to start with a "critique" of the balance, I want it to be understood that I understand these limitations but still feel something has to be said.

Let's talk balance:

Do you know, in the vanilla game, the first random encounter enemy you run into? The first random encounter you're expected to face in Skyrim, after the events of the hand crafted and unleveled introduction/tutorial area? Wolves, that's right a group of wolves that attacks you on your path to Riverwood, you can meet other encounters first if you ignore the main quest outside of the cave but if you follow the main questline directly this should be the first encounter. Which brings me to a very odd leveling decision made here. Wolves one shot new players, in fact they are so strong that a vanilla patrol group of imperials (with imperial studded leather) with a prisoner got eliminated by a single wolf, considering they're the "first" enemy creature you will fight in the game... this is an outrageous power level. In Requiem a majority of role play stories that don't end in immediate hardship and death will start off by hunting some wolves. Sometimes spiders and low level bandit encampments, but mostly wolf and mudcrab farming (mudcrabs are considered a trash mob like the rabbits).

I would consider taking a look at leveling progression between unit types. Wolves can vary in power, but pretty much any wolf should be able to be handled by a combat class at level 1 but when my nord swordsman with hadvar both being one shot by these wolves the only way I could continue to attempt to test this game was to "cheat" past them, which solved nothing in regards to this issue due to the fact that the low level enemies of the game are high level. The game is woefully difficult to get off the ground as you can only level and get better if there are enemies to fight. With some enemies having only one way to really tell their power level (shoot/stab them and watch their health bar not move). Enemy types should be easily identified as similar strengths, all wolves should be give or take the same power level. Bandits can have a range, but viewing armor should give a pretty good idea before you pick a fight.

Let's talk equipment:

The second gripe I have is the "over equipping" that can occur, mind you this is a problem I have with every unleveling mod out there. Killed a couple (ostensibly) low level storm cloaks and they had glass arrows on them, it looked like a minor glitch and it's not a big deal (killed 2 archers and got 8 iron arrows and 8 glass arrows). But it does show an issue with some of these. In vanilla I always was struck by one question, what's the point of fur armor? All fur armor (and most variations of hide even) are weaker than the either imperial or stormcloak armors you picked up in the tutorial. There is no point, requiem was usually paired with a mod that broke armors so if you did scrounge up a nice glass armor set off a bandit at level 1 that it wouldn't be very useful without spending a bunch of gold to keep repairing it, or the smithing skill to keep it in good shape.

I'm always reminded of a requiem lets play where the first bandit they killed had dwemer boots for his level 1-5 character, which he kept till he beat the damn game.

The leveled enemies system was a shortcut that the devs made to make balance easier, which means that a mod trying to reverse it has to do Bethesda's job of balancing the world, and that includes the loot they drop. For the most part it does seem well balanced in the grand scheme of things, but I did find a few outlier items that made some bandits not worth the health bar (a clearly high level bandit was wearing fur, and level 1 bandits had glass) This isn't as big of an issue as the world balance. I get that you're going for difficulty but this mod, without a bunch of cheating mods that make the game easier, is not balanced in a logical way. It's a good solution to the problem of power creep that you get with long load orders, but this being the first mod installed into a load order makes things extremely difficult and impossible to get off the ground. Getting 1 shot by the lowest level enemy in the game, the enemy you're suppose to be able to train up against, is a bit absurd. It tickles the idea of solving the leveled world problem, but makes the game cripplingly difficult in the same way that simply turning up the difficulty slider in the menu does. Just this mod changes the enemies in the world and everything they interact with, rather than the PC damage modifiers.

Yeah, for some reason, Giants still persist on having -29k hp, anything that poke em die, all giants are dead by time i get to camps lol .

And like previous user said on his post, second i remove this giant get back to their normal stage, no longer have negative hp.

On 12/19/2019 at 11:19 PM, sherrif said:

Howdy,

This idea is something I am pretty for as a whole, from what I understand this is a "general" change, you're ultimately changing level lists.

This has pros and cons, the pros are that it's pretty easy to reach in and generate a level list for characters and the changes are done on a pretty global scale, the cons is that game balance for a play through is not taken into consideration (IE you can't really designate embershard or bleak falls to be "starter" dungeons with lower level enemies so a level 1 PC can actually go there to level up) This is broad and you being the mod maker you have a better grasp of these concepts, but I'm stating it here so you can grasp that ISN'T what I'm going to discuss, since I'm going to start with a "critique" of the balance, I want it to be understood that I understand these limitations but still feel something has to be said.

Let's talk balance:

Do you know, in the vanilla game, the first random encounter enemy you run into? The first random encounter you're expected to face in Skyrim, after the events of the hand crafted and unleveled introduction/tutorial area? Wolves, that's right a group of wolves that attacks you on your path to Riverwood, you can meet other encounters first if you ignore the main quest outside of the cave but if you follow the main questline directly this should be the first encounter. Which brings me to a very odd leveling decision made here. Wolves one shot new players, in fact they are so strong that a vanilla patrol group of imperials (with imperial studded leather) with a prisoner got eliminated by a single wolf, considering they're the "first" enemy creature you will fight in the game... this is an outrageous power level. In Requiem a majority of role play stories that don't end in immediate hardship and death will start off by hunting some wolves. Sometimes spiders and low level bandit encampments, but mostly wolf and mudcrab farming (mudcrabs are considered a trash mob like the rabbits).

I would consider taking a look at leveling progression between unit types. Wolves can vary in power, but pretty much any wolf should be able to be handled by a combat class at level 1 but when my nord swordsman with hadvar both being one shot by these wolves the only way I could continue to attempt to test this game was to "cheat" past them, which solved nothing in regards to this issue due to the fact that the low level enemies of the game are high level. The game is woefully difficult to get off the ground as you can only level and get better if there are enemies to fight. With some enemies having only one way to really tell their power level (shoot/stab them and watch their health bar not move). Enemy types should be easily identified as similar strengths, all wolves should be give or take the same power level. Bandits can have a range, but viewing armor should give a pretty good idea before you pick a fight.

Let's talk equipment:

The second gripe I have is the "over equipping" that can occur, mind you this is a problem I have with every unleveling mod out there. Killed a couple (ostensibly) low level storm cloaks and they had glass arrows on them, it looked like a minor glitch and it's not a big deal (killed 2 archers and got 8 iron arrows and 8 glass arrows). But it does show an issue with some of these. In vanilla I always was struck by one question, what's the point of fur armor? All fur armor (and most variations of hide even) are weaker than the either imperial or stormcloak armors you picked up in the tutorial. There is no point, requiem was usually paired with a mod that broke armors so if you did scrounge up a nice glass armor set off a bandit at level 1 that it wouldn't be very useful without spending a bunch of gold to keep repairing it, or the smithing skill to keep it in good shape.

I'm always reminded of a requiem lets play where the first bandit they killed had dwemer boots for his level 1-5 character, which he kept till he beat the damn game.

The leveled enemies system was a shortcut that the devs made to make balance easier, which means that a mod trying to reverse it has to do Bethesda's job of balancing the world, and that includes the loot they drop. For the most part it does seem well balanced in the grand scheme of things, but I did find a few outlier items that made some bandits not worth the health bar (a clearly high level bandit was wearing fur, and level 1 bandits had glass) This isn't as big of an issue as the world balance. I get that you're going for difficulty but this mod, without a bunch of cheating mods that make the game easier, is not balanced in a logical way. It's a good solution to the problem of power creep that you get with long load orders, but this being the first mod installed into a load order makes things extremely difficult and impossible to get off the ground. Getting 1 shot by the lowest level enemy in the game, the enemy you're suppose to be able to train up against, is a bit absurd. It tickles the idea of solving the leveled world problem, but makes the game cripplingly difficult in the same way that simply turning up the difficulty slider in the menu does. Just this mod changes the enemies in the world and everything they interact with, rather than the PC damage modifiers.

no offense, I didnt read the book you just wrote just a few lines, and after seeing the word "gripe" a few times. I decided to just comment, a few things:

1 If you don't like it do not use it

2 I made this for MY playthru and uploaded it, I DIDNT make it for anyone else

3 Create one that fits what you want

4 I have been using it for over a year, am level 400, no "cheat mods" the game itself has the ability to create OP weapons, just need to learn how to use the base game

"Getting 1 shot by the lowest level enemy in the game, the enemy you're suppose to be able to train up against, is a bit absurd" - How is that absurd? So you think if someone was going to attack you they would take it easy on you cause your weak..lmbo ahhh no

Thanks for trying it out, uninstall and create your own

On 12/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, Grizzly28 said:

Yeah, for some reason, Giants still persist on having -29k hp, anything that poke em die, all giants are dead by time i get to camps lol .

And like previous user said on his post, second i remove this giant get back to their normal stage, no longer have negative hp.

I am still trying to recreate this, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and cannot make it happen, something in your load order has to be causing this. I still have not found the answer, but will keep looking when I have the time

On 11/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, donttouchmethere said:

holy crap 😲

with mages delight it takes 6 guards to take down one witch

needed to install extra guards to make towns save again

even the deadly wenches don't bite enough

had some epic fights already with dremora that killed my imba followers

the elementals are easy prey for the SLUTS carriage tho 😊

also my giants have -3k or -30k hp?

this can't be healthy 😁

EDIT:

- about giants -

RDBR Magics Delight is below all other hostile spawning mods

I use Ultimate combat, Enemies plus, Additional Enemies, Deadly Wenches

after removing RDBR the giants are healthy again

Thanks for letting me know, I am trying to recreate this, I havent been able to yet, I think some how it is mixing with one of the other mods, but I am unsure of which one cause I do not use any other mods, I am investigating when I have free time :)

On 11/24/2019 at 12:47 AM, Learningmoment said:

any interaction with skyrim immersive creatures? will it just not effect their health and stuff? any plans to include a patch for it? thanks.

I could make a patch but havent had the time work is busy, anyone is welcome too if the get to it before me

On 11/29/2019 at 10:13 AM, donttouchmethere said:

On 12/28/2019 at 6:48 PM, Grizzly28 said:

Question, SE or LE?

19 hours ago, -Caden- said:

Question, SE or LE?

Sorry for late reply, i use LE, trying to find the possible culprit too, and i'm lost, rest of monsters are fine but Giants ( & mamooths ).

P.D. Jesus christ with trolls lol, they are easily strongest enemy by far i forced one to follow me and they solo packs of 12-18k hp bandits on Legendary lol.

7 hours ago, Grizzly28 said:

Sorry for late reply, i use LE, trying to find the possible culprit too, and i'm lost, rest of monsters are fine but Giants ( & mamooths ).

P.D. Jesus christ with trolls lol, they are easily strongest enemy by far i forced one to follow me and they solo packs of 12-18k hp bandits on Legendary lol.

lol @ trolls, ok give me about 20 minutes, I am going to make a couple changes in the esp file for you and have you try it to see if it makes a difference

Edit: ok I did find in this that the giant showed -32 thousand (not sure why it didnt do it in game for me), so I made some changes, just drop this esp file in your data folder and overwrite the other esp, this should fix the giant/mammoth problem, if it works I will upload it as a update, thanks

RunDBRun.esp

2 hours ago, -Caden- said:

lol @ trolls, ok give me about 20 minutes, I am going to make a couple changes in the esp file for you and have you try it to see if it makes a difference

Edit: ok I did find in this that the giant showed -32 thousand (not sure why it didnt do it in game for me), so I made some changes, just drop this esp file in your data folder and overwrite the other esp, this should fix the giant/mammoth problem, if it works I will upload it as a update, thanks

RunDBRun.esp 479.71 kB · 1 download

Just tried the file and..... its works ! 😁

Tried on my current game, could not find a camp with alive giants lol... so i resurrected one and still had the negative hp.

Started a new game and went to nearest giant camp. Soon i got overwhelmed by 2 giants and their 3 mamooths, Enemy Health bars showing em having a bit over 18k hp and mamooths over 9,3k hp . Cheated me some skills and spells and they take dmg as normal, so no more OHKO from being attacked by butterflies :D

15 hours ago, Grizzly28 said:

Just tried the file and..... its works ! 😁

Tried on my current game, could not find a camp with alive giants lol... so i resurrected one and still had the negative hp.

Started a new game and went to nearest giant camp. Soon i got overwhelmed by 2 giants and their 3 mamooths, Enemy Health bars showing em having a bit over 18k hp and mamooths over 9,3k hp . Cheated me some skills and spells and they take dmg as normal, so no more OHKO from being attacked by butterflies :D

Great!! Will upload this version once I get home, thank you for trying it out, and sorry it took so long to find it! Happy New Year

On 12/30/2019 at 8:25 PM, -Caden- said:

Question, SE or LE?

me late too

LE here

but I saw the patch already and grabbed it

I'm not up to date, guess there is even a new version than ^^

A question about the 3x levelling part. Can it be used alone without the RunDBRun.esp?

On 4/20/2020 at 3:30 PM, JuliusXX said:

A question about the 3x levelling part. Can it be used alone without the RunDBRun.esp?

yes, but if you have any "perk mods" like Ordinator, it has to be right above that in the load order

I actually read what Sherrif said and yeah, there are lvl 80s bandit mages that only wear a set of fur armour and a steel dagger. Then theres level 5 bandits with glass arrows. It would make more sense to have the high leveled ones wear and use better equipment. Anyway what I came for... the mod description says that the armour rating and weapon damage of the player would be the same as in ADEPT difficulty but as I increase the difficulty these numbers drop and even the damage does is the game supposed to be played on ADEPT or Legendary and Master are just full of damage sponges ? I load RunDBRun before ordinator and nothing else but this keeps happening. I hope its not intended then.

38 minutes ago, Neriman said:

there are lvl 80s bandit mages that only wear a set of fur armour and a steel dagger.

True, but they often run in groups of 3 or 4, which makes taking them out quite problematic . One uses ice to take your stamina and slow you down, another uses lightning to take off your magika, yet another uses fireball which does considerable damage . To get the better of it, it might be useful to develop the Sneak perk , obviously wearing shoes and / or boots that do not produce noise

42 minutes ago, Neriman said:

Then theres level 5 bandits with glass arrows.

It is enough to hide behind a safe cover and wait for the archer to come within range

43 minutes ago, Neriman said:

weapon damage of the player would be the same as in ADEPT difficulty but as I increase the difficulty these numbers drop and even the damage does is the game supposed to be played on ADEPT or Legendary and Master are just full of damage sponges

If I have correctly interpreted this mod that I have been using for a long time, the difficulty is ours alone. We will do less damage by taking more. The more you increase the difficulty, the more the effect will be .