Stellaris Sexual Crisis (broken discontinued)

wolfiespring

2.1 somehow broke strategic resources, rendering my (already buggy) mod useless (as it was fully based off of how much decadence (a strategic resource) you were passively gathering.

If I ever find someone who actually knows how to code (I just copy paste other peoples work like putting a puzzle together xD and change the content), I might revive this idea, but I won't re-write it.

sorry :(

Spoiler

Hai!

I've been So enjoying the sexual mods for games like skyrim, Ck2, stellaris, etc .. and always tinkered with the scripts to add more content.

This was normally limited to " meantime to happen" ones where I just poked in sexuall events if certain conditions were met, but now, I'm working on actually building a mod with a bit more gameplay to it.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this, as this would mean that I would make it work as a standalone mod, or .. if not .. I can let it interact with my modified versions of sexual gameplay and massa.

Basically this is the concept:

The mod works as a nerf for when you're doing too well. the triggers are as followed:

Edit: The mod adds some great buffs to your empire to compensate for the struggle of surviving the crisis's. The gameplay shifts more to surviving then to expansion.

Crisis triggers;

If your mineral production gets too high

If You own a lot of planets

If you have tribunaries

If you haven't been in a war for a long time

If you have stockpiled a lot of energy

When you're far ahead in technology (haven't implimented this yet)

etc ...

These things will increase your empires decadence, which, when high enough, will start a crisis event:

(each event can only spawn when decadence is high enough, and certain requirments are met)

Small crisis:

---

Titanic Life takeover:

Titantic life starts going crazy because of your species pheromones.

Requirments: any planet you own has titanic lifeforms. Less then 5 pops, Low decadence

Result: Constant loss of influence

working on events where you can try to resolve the crisis by either sending the army, sending sexual offerings to them to stay away from the city, and a few more based on empire type.

---

high crisis:

Decadent lifestyle

Your empire is faring so well that your main specie has grown decadent and too focussed on breeding.

Requirments: Very high decadence, some sort of democratic goverment, xenophile

Result: your specie gets the sexually submissive trait, and a very high migration attractiveness. other species might get invasive reproductive organs if it gets too bad.

Working on a balanced and more difficult way to get rid of it. Currently got declaring war on any empire as a placeholder for it. Looking into it so other empires can become your overlord or steal planets.

1.0 The mod is technically "working" altough the decadence trigger is creating lag somehow. For test purposes, I turned the generation up massively, this will be scaled down

download

Spoiler

removed

edit: Took download link down (for those who downloaded it, I suggest you don't use it for now. The decadence value isn't resetting, and will crash the game.

If anyone has any idea how to create an easy to work with decadence value, please shoot your ideas :frown: cause I'm stuck.

Spoiler

9c55c863672fbd5ac51d5b98538d6156.jpg66210658900cd732fea7c7a64ad52524.jpgccc834a9aceafb8585540e9cc96769ed.jpgfb9e1aae354061a0490c43b1eaa7c6fa.jpg

Punishing a player for doing what they 'should' be doing(Grabbing more resources to work on infrastructure/the army) is never a good idea.  More so given the very existence of the Pacifist Ethos and especially the Inward Perfection government style, which can basically hardly ever get into wars in the first place(So would be unfairly treated).  More than that, you need hella resources to start work on Megastructures.  Even Habitats are a costly investment.

The concept that you are doing 'too well' and 'need punishment/to be held in check' is a flawed premise.

Decadence is a thing in place to hold Fallen/Awakened Empires in check, because otherwise you'd basically never get out from under their heel given their power as compared to regulars.  I don't feel it's something that should affect AI or Player Empires.

I would love to have a mod where if you control 100% of the galaxy it triggers event that you are too decadent and fuck a chaos god to existence. It makes several of your core worlds into barren miasma planets and spawns many strong leviathans there. Then the hyperline network collapses for ten years before full reset and every habited system becomes independent like in the ck2 shattered worlds start. You will only control a couple of worlds you picked. Ideally only moving habitat ships but I dont know if that is doable.
Then thousands of years later some man-apes start to take over the galaxy...

I love this idea, Maybe instead of just making it when you're doing too well you should make it more tied to sitting on your laurels too much, like if your species isn't pushing for the next big war/megastructure/empire improvement/colony development, like decadence could be lowered by building colonies or megastructures (New great works) or even using edicts could lower it (you leadership focusing and pushing the people on).

You could even run it planet by planet, and as planets get decadent they get massive happiness buffs and penalties to most other things.  If you wanted a simple way to represent it you could have factions of pacifistic or spiritualist become more and more popular.

Most of all seems like a fun thing to play with.

3 hours ago, kngelo said:

I would love to have a mod where if you control 100% of the galaxy it triggers event that you are too decadent and fuck a chaos god to existence. It makes several of your core worlds into barren miasma planets and spawns many strong leviathans there. Then the hyperline network collapses for ten years before full reset and every habited system becomes independent like in the ck2 shattered worlds start. You will only control a couple of worlds you picked. Ideally only moving habitat ships but I dont know if that is doable.

You're not aware of 'The End of the Cycle'?  It's exactly this.  Push too hard and too longinto the Shroud, and you are potentially given a ridiculous super-buff with the warning "DO NOT DO THIS".  At the end of it, the entire empire dies off(The planets become corrupted 'shrouded worlds' that can't be settled) save for one random planet, everyone hates you(Something like -1000) for what you've done, and a super-powered THING, given strength by how big you were when the buff ended, basically eats the entire galaxy.  It's possible to lose instantly if there's nowhere valid for you to spawn.  On the other hand, you can 'win' by being the only one left.  You aren't likely to kill the End of the Cycle.

12 hours ago, kngelo said:

8 hours ago, Bloodly said:

You're not aware of 'The End of the Cycle'?  It's exactly this.  Push too hard and too longinto the Shroud, and you are potentially given a ridiculous super-buff with the warning "DO NOT DO THIS".  At the end of it, the entire empire dies off(The planets become corrupted 'shrouded worlds' that can't be settled) save for one random planet, everyone hates you(Something like -1000) for what you've done, and a super-powered THING, given strength by how big you were when the buff ended, basically eats the entire galaxy.  It's possible to lose instantly if there's nowhere valid for you to spawn.  On the other hand, you can 'win' by being the only one left.  You aren't likely to kill the End of the Cycle.

i think he was referring to warhammer 40k Eldar became so decadent that their gods became corrupted and turned on them. The end of cycle also draws heavy from this as well. 

habitat ships = eldar craftworlds

man-apes = imperium of man

the end of the cycle is almost a copy n paste of warhammer 40K chaos gods. 

now on the other hand i think a collapse is necessary to end your golden age. Because right now the only ends your golden age are as follows 

you delete the file 

do declare war and fail to win

crisis happens

slave revolt

factions cause so much unrest your empire splits. 

(all these are by choice and are not passive, you can put a stop them to in early stages) 

we need passive crisis a crisis through decadence is a good. As we cannot stop it or even notice the signs of it. Event chains can be stopped at certain points are poorly timed. one time i lost the game due to my home world pop undergoing a change due to the snake temple even chain. i had kill off all my pops.

On 25/04/2018 at 5:12 PM, wolfiespring said:

Hai!

I've been So enjoying the sexual mods for games like skyrim, Ck2, stellaris, etc .. and always tinkered with the scripts to add more content.

This was normally limited to " meantime to happen" ones where I just poked in sexuall events if certain conditions were met, but now, I'm working on actually building a mod with a bit more gameplay to it.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this, as this would mean that I would make it work as a standalone mod, or .. if not .. I can let it interact with my modified versions of sexual gameplay and massa.

Basically this is the concept:

The mod works as a nerf for when you're doing too well. the triggers are as followed:

If your mineral production gets too high

If You own a lot of planets

If you have tribunaries

If you haven't been in a war for a long time

If you have stockpiled a lot of energy

When you're far ahead in technology (haven't implimented this yet)

etc ...

These things will increase your empires decadence, which, when high enough, will start a crisis event:

(each event can only spawn when decadence is high enough, and certain requirments are met)

Small crisis:

---

Titanic Life takeover:

Titantic life starts going crazy because of your species pheromones.

Requirments: any planet you own has titanic lifeforms. Less then 5 pops, Low decadence

Result: Constant loss of influence

working on events where you can try to resolve the crisis by either sending the army, sending sexual offerings to them to stay away from the city, and a few more based on empire type.

---

high crisis:

Decadent lifestyle

Your empire is faring so well that your main specie has grown decadent and too focussed on breeding.

Requirments: Very high decadence, some sort of democratic goverment, xenophile

Result: your specie gets the sexually submissive trait, and a very high migration attractiveness. other species might get invasive reproductive organs if it gets too bad.

Working on a balanced and more difficult way to get rid of it. Currently got declaring war on any empire as a placeholder for it. Looking into it so other empires can become your overlord or steal planets.

9c55c863672fbd5ac51d5b98538d6156.jpg

66210658900cd732fea7c7a64ad52524.jpg

ccc834a9aceafb8585540e9cc96769ed.jpg

fb9e1aae354061a0490c43b1eaa7c6fa.jpg

so u gonna create a mods we can became gods ?

Since the shroud end already is in the code doing the galaxy decadence loop might not be that hard.
The cycle needs to lead to an endless loop to have any point. Not some game over scenario like the shroud thing. Thus is better that it leads to shattered worlds where the individual solar systems fight to grow into larger empires. Also, the player having some habitats and the fleets(those he can pay upkeep) left gives him a different new start experience. All will basically have same tech lvl in the end but that wont matter if the loop cycle and endless war is the main goal. Could also do some tech loss per cycle and if cycles go too fast even more tech loss.

Also if the player did not purge all the xenos filth from the galaxy the individual start systems will lead to diverse empires. No to mention with all the subspecies sex mods. You might end up fighting a galaxy spawning war with you cousin race that has a bigger tendency to sadism.

On 27-4-2018 at 6:12 AM, kngelo said:

Since the shroud end already is in the code doing the galaxy decadence loop might not be that hard.
The cycle needs to lead to an endless loop to have any point. Not some game over scenario like the shroud thing. Thus is better that it leads to shattered worlds where the individual solar systems fight to grow into larger empires. Also, the player having some habitats and the fleets(those he can pay upkeep) left gives him a different new start experience. All will basically have same tech lvl in the end but that wont matter if the loop cycle and endless war is the main goal. Could also do some tech loss per cycle and if cycles go too fast even more tech loss.

Also if the player did not purge all the xenos filth from the galaxy the individual start systems will lead to diverse empires. No to mention with all the subspecies sex mods. You might end up fighting a galaxy spawning war with you cousin race that has a bigger tendency to sadism.

if only I knew how to code properly!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AlexTheFun said:

yes is fun where the download

7 hours ago, SarenSoran said:

alright where to download this?

May I suggest you read the opening post?

On 4/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, wolfiespring said:

edit: Took download link down (for those who downloaded it, I suggest you don't use it for now. The decadence value isn't resetting, and will crash the game.

Here's to hoping the problems can be solved, because indeed the mod concept sounds interesting ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived