I get LastException all the time :( HELP!

I don't know eiher :smiley: luckily, I still had that backup file and it works fine.

I don't have a new last exception file, because I took all other mods except WW out of the mods Folder. should I put them back in so that it creates a new Last Exception file? like..without the two traits you already told me ?

I'm still at work :cry:

Some more to remove, Aspirations this time.

Dancer_Aspiration_By_Simelicious.package: Refnames

Spoiler

Raising exception, refname=14319
  _class_restrictions=('SuperInteraction',)
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stereo_listenPassive'>
Raising exception, refname=130635
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stereo_listenPassive_mixer_DJBooth'>

Surrounded By Family Aspiration_MarlynSims.package: Refnames

Spoiler

Raising exception, refname=134178
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_askQuestion'>
Raising exception, refname=136729
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_begForgiveness'>
Raising exception, refname=136728
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_compliment'>
Raising exception, refname=136727
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_discussTopic'>
Raising exception, refname=136726
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_enthuseAbout'>
Raising exception, refname=136725
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_tellJoke'>

EDIT: Found the broken trait by SkillfulSimmer340, it was Modest_Trait: Refname

Spoiler

Raising exception, refname=134178
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_askQuestion'>
Raising exception, refname=136729
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_begForgiveness'>
Raising exception, refname=136728
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_compliment'>
Raising exception, refname=136727
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_discussTopic'>
Raising exception, refname=136726
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_enthuseAbout'>
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.Toilet_Talking_soc_mixer_Friendly_tellJoke'>

Modest Trait and Surrounded By Family Aspiration both use the same Ref name's, looks like EA changed these and it broke the mods.

Going home soon, remove these and attach a new lastexception.txt to see what is left.

Another day, another dollar :smiley:

Really I should be thanking you for your patients, you are a test subject in my search for broken Custom Traits and Aspirations. 

I will check the new lastexception.txt and see what we have. I'll post back soon, I have some real work to do frist :cold_sweat:

By the way I know why you lost all that data, there was an update to Sims 4 while  we looked at these errors. Your first log had Version 1.41.42.1020 and your last log had the new version 1.42.30.1020. You must have auto update enabled and that wiped all the tray files and possibly more. Good thing you had a back up ;)

I think I've found the last of these broken traits. All the errors point to Traits and Aspirations, no other mods are causing any problems that I can see.

You have the old gobananas_GoodSenseofHumor.package and gobananas_NoSenseofHumor.package, they have been updated Sense of Humor Traits. Refnames: 

Spoiler

All 3 of Gobananas Hates Cats/Dogs/Pets Traits are broken and have not been fixed. 

Spoiler

Hates Cats Trait:

Raising exception, refname=158875
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_LearnAboutGetToKnow'>
Raising exception, refname=175241
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_TalkTo_Praise'>
Raising exception, refname=166334
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_TalkTo_Emotional_Cat'>
Raising exception, refname=160585
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_CarryPickUp'>

Hates Dogs Trait:

Raising exception, refname=161392
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixer_Dog_Training_Human_Fetch'>
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_TalkTo_Praise'>
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_LearnAboutGetToKnow'>
Raising exception, refname=158876
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_TalkTo_Emotional_Dog'>
Raising exception, refname=165845
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Dog_TalkTo_BeNiceTo'>
Raising exception, refname=165844
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Dog_TalkTo_BeMeanTo'>

Hates Pets Trait:

Raising exception, refname=161392
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixer_Dog_Training_Human_Fetch'>
Raising exception, refname=158876
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_TalkTo_Emotional_Dog'>
Raising exception, refname=165845
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Dog_TalkTo_BeNiceTo'>
Raising exception, refname=165844
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Dog_TalkTo_BeMeanTo'>
Raising exception, refname=166334
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.mixerSocial_NT_Pets_Friendly_TalkTo_Emotional_Cat'>

This one was annoying to find, it only had one broken variable. marlynsims_Bulimic.package

Spoiler

Raising exception, refname=139748
  value=<class 'sims4.tuning.instances.piano_WriteLyrics'>

I think that will clear the Last exception errors and you can actually play the game without orange pop ups! :cool:

Thank you again for your patients! This really helped track down a lot of trait errors.

I am so so so happy! It really worked! I didn‘t get a new LastException file after deleting those broken traits this time. I am totally blown away! :smiley: thank you so much for your help and patience :smile: I don‘t know what I would have done without you. It really seems like magic to me LOL. Since I have most of the stuff I want in my game now, next time I want a new career or trait, I can just add it one by one and check if the new mod causes any trouble :smile: thank you!

Edit:

something very weird happened now.. I played a little and then all sims in my current househould were suddenly frozen. They didn‘t do anything and the activities I chose were just above that white tab in the bottom left corner of the screen. I tried resetSim several times, but every time I chose another activity for them to do, it happened again. There‘s no last exception file. Do you have an idea, what the problem could be?

Hi, sorry I had a busy morning, I'm glad that cleared the last exceptions. Yes adding mods and CC one at a time to test them is the best way to catch errors :smile:

3 hours ago, Sarah071991 said:

Edit:

something very weird happened now.. I played a little and then all sims in my current househould were suddenly frozen. They didn‘t do anything and the activities I chose were just above that white tab in the bottom left corner of the screen. I tried resetSim several times, but every time I chose another activity for them to do, it happened again. There‘s no last exception file. Do you have an idea, what the problem could be?

I have heard of this behavior, Sims freezing but their actions pile up, but I am unsure if this is mod or a base game issue. As you have just had the new patch, this could also be a cause of the problem. I will have a look around the web and see I can find any information.

Edit:

I re-read the problems you had yesterday with missing households and just thought of something. When you used your backup, was it the whole Sims 4 folder? If it was then the files that were created by the new update would have been overwritten. Try resetting the Sims 4 folder, here's how:

Move your sims 4 folder to the desktop then start the game, a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Create a Sim and enter a lot, test to see if the issue is still there. Exit the game and then copy the following back from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder:

options.ini and UserSetting.ini from Sims 4 folder

Saves folder

Screenshots folder and Recorded Videos folder (If you have any you saved)

Tray folder 

Custom Music folder (If you have any)

Mods folder

Delete the rest of the Desktop Sims 4 folder

Start the game and load from your save, see what happens.

Ok, well this kind of issue is known to EA and they haven't found what causes it or how to fix it, apart from starting a new game in a new save. But even then users have reported the issue coming back. There isn't anything suggesting the issue is caused by a mod or CC as some of the effected users don't have any. Also there isn't enough people having this issue for EA to take it seriously.

A few things you could try, one is a Clear Cache that I mentioned before.

You can check the lists of reported mods that are broken and the ones that are working for the following patches. Not all broken mods will cause a Last Exception.

BROKEN MODS: JUNGLE ADVENTURE/FEB. 2018

BROKEN MODS: CATS AND DOGS/NOV. 2017

Other than that I have run out of ideas for the moment.

okay, thank you for your help again :smile:  I'm gonna check out that list. What do broken mods do if they don't create a last exception file though? If a mod doesn't cause LastException files, but a Mod Conflict Detector tells me after a scan than a mod is broken, do I delete it?

Edit: 

Just checked those lists and I don't have any other broken mods in my game at the Moment I think. But I just got another Last Exception file. I'm adding it here.

lastException.txt

I've not seen an exception like this before. 

Exception in Unknown timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name_component')

The part 'unknown timeline' should normally read 'sim timeline' which is odd and the attribute 'name_component' isn't one I know of. I can't tell whether this is mod or base game related as there's not much in the log.

What lot type did this happen on and do you know if it was one of your active sims or a random sim?

It was the same lot as usual. The same I played all the other days and I got all the other LEs from. And I had I played with an active sim at that moment. I added the newest version of the Road to Fame mod before, but what was different this time was that the LE didn‘t show up right away. It showed up like one whole in game day later, so i thought it worked at first. 

What about the broken mods I asked about?

12 hours ago, Sarah071991 said:

What do broken mods do if they don't create a last exception file though? If a mod doesn't cause LastException files, but a Mod Conflict Detector tells me after a scan than a mod is broken, do I delete it?

Broken mods either do nothing at all or cause strange effects in game, not all these are caught by the error log. What mod was detected? You could check whether the mod needs updating or removing by visiting the Creators download page or doing a search on that mod.

3 hours ago, Sarah071991 said:

t was the same lot as usual. The same I played all the other days and I got all the other LEs from. And I had I played with an active sim at that moment. I added the newest version of the Road to Fame mod before, but what was different this time was that the LE didn‘t show up right away. It showed up like one whole in game day later, so i thought it worked at first. 

This could be a Custom Content object causing the exception, it doesn't happen straight away because the error is an Autonomous interaction by your sim and the object. So until your sim goes to interact with that object the Exception won't show. The thing I don't understand is the log entries, they just look wrong.

I always forget to ask this, but do you have Sim 4 Studio?

Ah okay. The detected mods were max. 5 career mods and they don‘t show a LastException error and work completely fine. That‘s why I don‘t get it. They were also pretty new. I think from the end of March. 

Yeah that‘s what I thought. It wasn‘t a custom object though. It happened when my sim did a certain interaction from Road to Fame. 

And yes, I have Sims 4 Studio. 

1 hour ago, Sarah071991 said:

Ah okay. The detected mods were max. 5 career mods and they don‘t show a LastException error and work completely fine. That‘s why I don‘t get it. They were also pretty new. I think from the end of March. 

This is entirely up to you, if the career mods are working as intended and there have been no reported problems with these mods on any forums, then keep them. But you could just try moving them out of the mods folder, to see if they are the cause of the original problem of sims freezing.

Yeah that‘s what I thought. It wasn‘t a custom object though. It happened when my sim did a certain interaction from Road to Fame. 

Well that answered everything, your choice if you want to keep it or not. I personally don't use any mod created by Sacrificial, for many reasons... this being one of them.

And yes, I have Sims 4 Studio. 

Good, the batch fixes are important and Sims 4 Studio is just a great application :smile:

Okay, i‘m definitely going to try it out. Do broken mods - that aren‘t showing a LE - do anything to my base game? Like.. destruct important files or something?

okay, may I ask, why you don‘t use mods by him? I guess I‘m gonna delete it then. Seems like that mod caused the LE then, I guess??

what are batch fixes?

Okay, i‘m definitely going to try it out. Do broken mods - that aren‘t showing a LE - do anything to my base game? Like.. destruct important files or something?

okay, may I ask, why you don‘t use mods by him? I guess I‘m gonna delete it then. Seems like that mod caused the LE then, I guess??

what are batch fixes?

16 minutes ago, Sarah071991 said:

Broken mods can cause all sorts of problems, corrupting Save files is probably the most destructive. So keep hold of a backup.

22 minutes ago, Sarah071991 said:

okay, may I ask, why you don‘t use mods by him? I guess I‘m gonna delete it then. Seems like that mod caused the LE then, I guess?

There isn't one mod that isn't broken in some way and I don't like anything sacrificial has created, just my personal opinion :smile:

26 minutes ago, Sarah071991 said:

what are batch fixes?

Here is a screenshot of an important fix that should be do.

Spoiler

Batch Fixes

ooooh thank you so much for your help again! That definitely is a very nice Feature of Sims 4 Studio then :smiley: I  am going to try that with the mods that said "broken" after the Mod Conflict Detector scan :smile: 

and good to know that there aren't any mods Sacrificial created that aren't broken :smiley: I rather delete Road to Fame then. 

Edit:

I have a question though. I just ran a scan for those batch fixes and it created a backup folder. Are the fixed files the ones in the backup folder or did it fix them in the Mods folder right away?

13 minutes ago, Sarah071991 said:

Edit:

I have a question though. I just ran a scan for those batch fixes and it created a backup folder. Are the fixed files the ones in the backup folder or did it fix them in the Mods folder right away?

The backup contains the original files and the fixed files are in the mods folder, so you don't have to do anything.

Archived