Gold Sinks etc

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, SmedleyDButler said:

I don't even want to know what sort of prey THOSE would be meant to catch...

Mechanical flies, obviously.

On topic, I've noticed some of the effects desired here by:

1. Adding two boatloads of spells (Apocalypse Spells and Lost Grimoire), which can get very expensive, very fast, if you're playing a mage.

2. Using Complete Crafting Overhaul's option to grant Smithing xp for tanning and smelting.

3. Ordinator's Enchanting XP for having a staff equipped in combat.

4. Ordinator also has Dragon Hoard which allows paying 50,000 gold to gain a perk point.

5. Summer/Wintermyst add a lot of enchantments. If you're not lucky with random loot, and have to buy the ones you want, this can get expensive. Summermyst is the more recent one.

2 and 3 may sound like cheating, but I mostly use them to reduce grinding. The side-effect is I'm not producing huge amounts of enchanted jewelry/daggers to sell for thousands of gold apiece. Seriously, grinding it out used to generate ~50 daggers enchanted with Banish, for huge amounts of money.

Some have suggested using training. You could also use Elys Uncapper to reduce skill gain rates. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1175/ 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51256/ makes the Oghma Infinium an infinite trainer. On the one hand, you don't have to join any guilds you don't want to, just to train a specific skill, on the other, you need to do Hermaus Mora's quest, so...

Immersive Jewelry makes gold have weight, so you can't carry all your gold on your person anymore. You may have to leave some behind at home or in ruins where you found it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64283 

The author recommends a mod that adds bank notes if you want to carry a lot of cash.

There are mods that make real estate much more expensive.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:39 PM, Nagib said:

Loot and Degradation=>LaD

I replaced 'LaD' with 'Equipment Durability System' does all the same stuff, but it is a SKSE plugin and probably better performance (not sure about it).

The random enchantments from 'LaD' feature are managed by Summermyst in my game.

And I also use 'Honed Metal' (NPC crafts for PC).

I was looking at Equipment Durability System, but how do you see the durability of armors in slots that the widget doesn't display? Or did Loot and Degradation have the same issue?

On 4/16/2018 at 3:44 PM, Lostdreamer said:

What I am wanting to explore/discuss isn't "Oh, I've got too much money." it's more "Ok, so how do I make money a part of gameplay rather than trivial & irrelevant?"

It's not just about having so much money it doesn't matter - it's also about how it's used in game and what the effects of getting it are, what the effects of using it are, etc.

Most of the non-SL mods I see in this thread are for reducing the amount of gold collected. I didn't see many that affected what to spend gold on.

1 hour ago, nanashi50 said:

I was looking at Equipment Durability System, but how do you see the durability of armors in slots that the widget doesn't display? Or did Loot and Degradation have the same issue?

Sorry, whenever I used EDS or LaD, I always switched off all the widgets. So I don't know.

12 hours ago, nanashi50 said:

Most of the non-SL mods I see in this thread are for reducing the amount of gold collected. I didn't see many that affected what to spend gold on.

The list of mods that do this is disapointingly short in total. It would be nice to have more things to do with your awesome wealth, fame and power.

I think the list is:

Loot & Degradation, or some varation. Not applicable if your character does smithing tho.

Taxes of the Nine Holds, if you can make it work.

Devious Followers (the best tool for this IMO).

Sexlab Adventures.

There are some others (like Inns and Taverns), but they don't tend to add significant costs.

There are also a couple out there that raise the cost of things like vanilla houses. Another I havn't used myself as once I have dropped my income, repaired my armour and paid my followers etc it's enough of a challenge raising the money for them at normal prices!

18 hours ago, nanashi50 said:

5 hours ago, Lostdreamer said:

The list of mods that do this is disapointingly short in total. It would be nice to have more things to do with your awesome wealth, fame and power.

I think the list is:

Loot & Degradation, or some varation. Not applicable if your character does smithing tho.

Taxes of the Nine Holds, if you can make it work.

Devious Followers (the best tool for this IMO).

Sexlab Adventures.

Out of those 4, two are SL mods. And taxes... I'm no masochist and do not want taxes in my games :lol:

All that leaves is Loot & Degradation (or an equivalent mod). :frown:

There are also a couple out there that raise the cost of things like vanilla houses. Another I havn't used myself as once I have dropped my income, repaired my armour and paid my followers etc it's enough of a challenge raising the money for them at normal prices!

Trade & Barter probably comes under this category, but it only effects merchant rates for buying and selling stuff.

having said that though it can make a big difference if used for the whole game, as most of the time money is earned more through selling

stuff (like armor and weapons).  it can allow up to a -90 to +100% adjustments to buying and selling prices.

• 5 months later...

Draugrnarok. Draugrs everywhere and all merchants are dead. Every city is dead. So gold is useless now. Only material has some value. Combine it with mortal weapons and equipment or loot and degradation with any needs mod, you will have the perfect mod in which gold is pretty useless.

Archived