Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nice stuff but how about putting stuff in categorised folders....swimwear....tops etc....total nightmare finding a particular item as it is....

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, procian said:

Nice stuff but how about putting stuff in categorised folders....swimwear....tops etc....total nightmare finding a particular item as it is....

Yeah...i dunno about folders...it will just become folders upon folders upon folders...what i can advise is, if it's hard to get info from the name of the package file is to use sims4studio, it will allow you to open the package and see what is inside 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I recently started modding my Sims 4 game, and I saw this mod, thought it looked cool, so I thought I would try it.

 

It would be VERY helpful if you had any sort of description for each of your downloads. Each outfit needs a name, and needs a description on where to find it. I downloaded the first mod, the BDSM one, and as far as I could tell it only came with nipple piercings and one other thing, I have been looking for both of those new clothing pieces for a while now and I can't find it. I downloaded everything correctly, it shows up in the start menu. But it doesn't create a new category of clothing, and I have no idea where to find it or what I am even looking for.

 

I want to download more of your mods (these ones specifically) but the lack of organization and no clear direction on where each outfit goes is a bit of a let down. If you could let me know where to find each clothing set for each mod download, I would be grateful.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, CheChe47 said:

Hi,

 

I recently started modding my Sims 4 game, and I saw this mod, thought it looked cool, so I thought I would try it.

 

It would be VERY helpful if you had any sort of description for each of your downloads. Each outfit needs a name, and needs a description on where to find it. I downloaded the first mod, the BDSM one, and as far as I could tell it only came with nipple piercings and one other thing, I have been looking for both of those new clothing pieces for a while now and I can't find it. I downloaded everything correctly, it shows up in the start menu. But it doesn't create a new category of clothing, and I have no idea where to find it or what I am even looking for.

 

I want to download more of your mods (these ones specifically) but the lack of organization and no clear direction on where each outfit goes is a bit of a let down. If you could let me know where to find each clothing set for each mod download, I would be grateful.

 

Thanks.

Oh. I just saw your comment on a post that had the same question I did, I did not see it before I made my comment.

 

I think it warrants organization and proper naming on your end. I'm new to the modding community, but I can recognize that you could stand to fix some things. You could at least start by naming any of your pictures so we could know what to look for in each download package. IE: I wanted to know which of the multiple packs had the neon green fishnet body stocking, but nothing is named properly, so I have to download each one to find the one I am looking for manually. Sims 4 makes it so easy to organize mods, so I don't understand what the big deal is.

 

(PS You could probably get more Patreon subscribers that way as well. When I saw your response to the comment asking for organization because finding anything is a nightmare, it seemed... well, rude. Like "I can't be bothered to fix it because that would be too much work, but here, you can do all this work yourself and install something else to figure out how my downloads work." I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but that alone is enough to make me think "you know what, I want the outfits, but the payoff is nowhere near worth the hassle." I'm all about supporting people and their work, but not if it's going to be like this. I organize people's computer files for them, and I can tell you a lot of problems are remedied right away by naming things appropriately. It doesn't have to be folders upon folders upon folders. And it's not hard to add a "read me" .txt file to each zip. But if you don't want to do that, at least make the effort to post and pin a list - with names of outfits and directions on where to find them in-game - to the forum so people never have to ask this question again. It seems like a common question. I am not trying to be mean or to belittle you, I am trying to let you know about ways you can be more professional. I'm sure you wouldn't want people unsubscribing from your Patreon and to stop downloading your mods because of a small reason like this, or your response to people when they ask for organization.)

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, sstormyy said:

Thanks for the input, i created a public poll on my patreon page, and i will be taking further actions taking into account the results of the said poll

https://www.patreon.com/posts/poll-time-36801817

Thanks! I don't do Patreon. But I did look at the poll, and I am voting that you should take some time off and organize your content. Reason being: organizing all of what you already have is only something you have to do ONCE, ever. Then from that point on, it is regular maintenance. It's like organizing anything else in physical life. You really only have to organize your closet once, and just continue to follow the system you created. If you decide to do nothing and leave everything as is, and just make new content, this will always be a problem; and it will keep people from downloading your mod that you worked so hard on, no matter how much they may want to. And if you need ideas as to how to organize it, there is a lot of information on the internet about how to name and organize mods, especially for Sims4. It is a very coded and organized game in itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CheChe47 said:

Thanks! I don't do Patreon. But I did look at the poll, and I am voting that you should take some time off and organize your content. Reason being: organizing all of what you already have is only something you have to do ONCE, ever. Then from that point on, it is regular maintenance. It's like organizing anything else in physical life. You really only have to organize your closet once, and just continue to follow the system you created. If you decide to do nothing and leave everything as is, and just make new content, this will always be a problem; and it will keep people from downloading your mod that you worked so hard on, no matter how much they may want to. And if you need ideas as to how to organize it, there is a lot of information on the internet about how to name and organize mods, especially for Sims4. It is a very coded and organized game in itself. 

Alternatively, you can not be lazy and do it yourself with S4S studio. Your literally asking a creator to sort the mods for you when, in reality, it's up to you to keep your mods in check and know what you are downloading. So, to follow your own advice, download S4S and sort out the mods yourself. As a wise person once said: "You really only have to organize your closet once, and just continue to follow the system you created."

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2020 at 1:34 AM, ddsimsproductions said:

Alternatively, you can not be lazy and do it yourself with S4S studio. Your literally asking a creator to sort the mods for you when, in reality, it's up to you to keep your mods in check and know what you are downloading. So, to follow your own advice, download S4S and sort out the mods yourself. As a wise person once said: "You really only have to organize your closet once, and just continue to follow the system you created."

I didn't know asking for an organization system was so controversial, my bad.

Share this post


Link to post

I mean, the poll seems to show many people agree that the content could be better organized. But I think it's kind of difficult because there's so many clothes and there's no good way to organize everything.

 

Honestly even a .jpg image that showed you every piece of clothing and what their filename is would be nice I guess.

Share this post


Link to post

i see many people posting that there should be organization changes but no one is posting solutions to help out & i think this would be a easy way to start ...seeing that stormyy is new to organizing cc and things i came up with a website map layout that might help! ill explain

i made categories based on some items that you already have...i forgot to put swim wear ..but there will be clickable icons or labels for each main category based on style type of clothing or accessory and it can be broken down from there...

 

dc153433a593b3e92aba962c84651cef.png

(i dont think names for individual files are necessary but some people like them .. from a dev point of view it only adds more load time to cc in cas so you could try naming items May2020-top1 or Something i dont have an issue with that personally) 

 

here is one of the categories webpage when clicked it brings up a menu based on which type individually but people will still be able to click based on your monthly relesases! patreon only releases will link to the patreon post and will be unlocked after your set date of release from the catalog and then divided into the catalog later after maybe a week or month or so once free to public..

Full Body > Dresses > outfits is how the breakdown goes. if you only made 2 or 12 dresses for that month it will be posted as so, same for tops and bottoms and etc ...it doesnt matter how many icons u have on the page but if need be there can be a next page button to see more. also a back button for other previous months should be at the top so people who are downloading april 2020 can go back and get december 2019 if they want to!

164d17a5f9f6d1c300c6341c15f6eab6.png

 

just like explained above the current months cc patreon only post will either link to patreon for early access and then unlock after your set date or will be blocked and they will have to click patreon from the top of the website. the previous month / week will have now available for download in case people arent checking loverslab posts they can check directly from the site on the date of the release...YOU CAN EVEN HAVE A TIMED COUNTER HERE IF U WANT instead of just a date (idk if there are website layouts that unlock posts after X time but i think there are if you aren't into manually updating that link for the public) ....and u can also list and organize all the cc you posted even updated since from month 1. just have it listed under its own category lable and when people click it it will pop up with the items separated in your categories.

3267fff22c3783bd92b510f2f42efdc0.png

i hope this helps! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, yokozii said:

 

Just wow!! It's a great idea, concept...though if i may i do have some questions...like do you maybe know on what platform can such thing be made...cuz the thing is, tumblr doesn't allow nudity any more (and i have a lot of it 😅), it's also why my posts on patreon are all locked, you can't make nude content and make it public 😐, so that is why i post here, and unfortunately this platform doesn't have such capabilities as described in your post 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sstormyy said:

Just wow!! It's a great idea, concept...though if i may i do have some questions...like do you maybe know on what platform can such thing be made...cuz the thing is, tumblr doesn't allow nudity any more (and i have a lot of it 😅), it's also why my posts on patreon are all locked, you can't make nude content and make it public 😐, so that is why i post here, and unfortunately this platform doesn't have such capabilities as described in your post 

yes! you could make a whole website like wordpress that can support this type of functionality ..i definately would suggest hosting your cc on a website vs tumblr any day..im not sure how else you would organize your posts here like this besides having outsourced online webspace hosting...LL is still just a option for the free content but for organziation id say make a website u can manage your free and patreon content there how u see fit

Share this post


Link to post

The tentacles you added in your latest release? *chef's kiss* so perfect ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, modella said:

The tentacles you added in your latest release? *chef's kiss* so perfect ❤️ 

Thanks 😊 😘

Share this post


Link to post

Does wicked whims have a feature that detects "slutty" or naked/hot clothing like this? And turn people on or cause them to get offended?

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Sstormyy, thank you for sharing, there are some pretty good stuff. As some others said, it would be more user friendly if we had some sort of image/filename reference so we can know which file to pick (personally I just can't copy all the files since I just need a few particular clothes).

 

What I can suggest is to copy the method from another modder, not necessarily for the current items shared cause boy that's hell lot, and as you said if sims4studio allows us to quickly check what is it, we should be fine.

 

Here is his/her patreon, I just found about it today and while there are tons of items for a single release, the catalogue helps to know exactly what you like and which file to obtain. It does take extra time though for sure, but I have no doubt this would be appreciated from everyone.

 

Catalogue example :
https://www.patreon.com/posts/complete-photo-15463391

 

Patreon post where you download the various files (divided in multiple posts most of the time) : https://www.patreon.com/posts/now-free-2017-3-22813602

 

Also as I did some modding (not for Sims though lol), don't take those suggestions as bad criticism and do as you feel like. You don't owe us shite !! :)

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Bloodfang said:

 

Thanks for the input 😊...for now i am planning to release a catalog for each of the folder i have where you'll be able to see the package name and a corresponding image 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, sstormyy said:

Thanks for the input 😊...for now i am planning to release a catalog for each of the folder i have where you'll be able to see the package name and a corresponding image 

No problem, just wanted to help too !

 

Thanks again for sharing ! Money/Cum bikinis are funny as hell xD will fit right in the stripclub I'll make !

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bloodfang said:

No problem, just wanted to help too !

 

Thanks again for sharing ! Money/Cum bikinis are funny as hell xD will fit right in the stripclub I'll make !

maybe there is something you'd like me to make :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...