On 6/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, kziitd said:

What is makexml exe?

Let players customize the visualization tools of XML? Where?

Can this stop players from bothering others to solve their own AAF errors caused by XML problems?

Thank you~

----------------------------

OK, it's in the optional attachment of nexus's AAF download:)

On 6/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, RitualClarity said:

If I remember the discussion of this from a while back.. This is only for the mod authors not the users. Used to create the xml for a mod pack (not customize it) Could be wrong though.

It is available on the Nexus AAF page.

It generates an animation XML from an esp and animation files. These files don't activate many extended AAF features. So, most users would want manually updated versions of them. Also, position XML needs to be made referencing the animations.

But, it does make it easy for users to remake the base animation XML in the proper format (many content mods floating around have outdated formatting).

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It is available on the Nexus AAF page.

It generates an animation XML from an esp and animation files. These files don't activate many extended AAF features. So, most users would want manually updated versions of them. Also, position XML needs to be made referencing the animations.

But, it does make it easy for users to remake the base animation XML in the proper format (many content mods floating around have outdated formatting).

So it is a good first start for an animator to make sure the basic setup is done correctly so then all they have to worry about is any extended features and such being added to the xml... cool.

16 hours ago, hkheung said:

It looks like something is causing your build to search for an equipmentSet called "NONE". Which doesn't exist. So, you get this error.

It's tough to know why a call like this is being made. It could be caused by a bug in a mod calling applyEquipmentSet in the AAF API with "None" as the id.

12 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

So it is a good first start for an animator to make sure the basic setup is done correctly so then all they have to worry about is any extended features and such being added to the xml... cool.

Yes. It has been around for a long time now. But, was recently updated and improved.

I have been successfully using AAF in my current game, using MO2 as my mod manager.

I just installed a pack of racemenu presets, and changed my PC's face preset using looksmenu. 

Now, my PC is invisible in all animations (solo and with a partner). The NPC however does render correctly.

What have I done? And how do I fix this? This is a totally new problem that I have never seen before.

EDIT - Never mind, I read someone else had this problem, and changed the hairstyle in looksmenu. That fixed it. 

Seriously weird.

New AAF Release:

## [Beta 139] - 2020-6-25
### Changed
- formatting of bootup complete debug output.

### Added
- memory usage information to bootup complete output and to the performance tab within admin mode.

---

## [Beta 138] - 2020-6-19
### Fixed
- Bootup crashing if an animation defined in an animationGroup is missing.
- Bootup crash when raceList attribute missing from actorType XML.
- Disabling re-equip delay caused player to not re-equip.

---

## [Beta 137] - 2020-6-17
### Fixed
- scene wizard freezing if furniture animation exists and no usable furniture found.

---

## [Beta 136] - 2020-6-17
### Added
- xsd updates.

### Fixed
- applyOverlaySet not working for male actors.
- animation packs with positionTrees crashing on boot ("stuck at 30%"")

---

## [Beta 135] - 2020-5-30
### Fixed
- Action target nodes not working if there is no self node.

### Added
- xsd corrections (action/actorStat stat node types, comboStat).
- form and source attributes to mfgSet node in mfg XML. This allows applying an expression archetype keyword at the same time as a set of mfg effects. Primarily, this is for allowing the actors to have closed eyes (using form 2406FB and source Fallout4.esm) during custom mfg expressions.
- Sweeping code optimizations. If not broken, everything is milliseconds faster. And I am consequently hours older.

### Removed
- The "type" attribute from action stat nodes. This attribute was no longer functional.
- Feature that makes -1 (or omitted) time/frames have the pose tag.
- Animation too short error when time/frames is omitted or -1.

---

## [Beta 134] - 2020-5-24
### Fixed
- avg calculation in performance section when test count below 1.
- action and position lists not populating in the admin.

### Changed
- Locking/location re-factor. Results in a more clean-looking process when animations start (actors dont shift around as much).

@dagobaking Something weird I have found, related to redressing function, so I was testing some animations manually through wizard. I set the redress delay to 30 seconds, after testing one animation and quit the scene, and about 10 seconds later I started another scene, my player doppelganger suddenly redress during the second scene with everything AND with incorrect object modification I made to my equipment. I suspect the redress function isn't canceled when it should be canceled if another scene is started before the delay timer reached.

This glitch causes doppelganger to redress everything during second scene and the glitch also causes doppelganger to copy only base equipment without any object modification to the scene.

Probable solution: Cancel redress function if another scene is started involving the same actor before redress delay timer reaches.

I will take a look. But, that issue may be fixable by re-requip XML using resetAll instead of the older separately listed items method.

1 hour ago, eightballyuri said:

so after the update i ran into this what is racelist attribute missing from ActerTypeDog is actorType XML?

Polistiro's "AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod v3.2" has an invalid Dogs_actorTypeData.xml.  That same file might also exist in other animation patches.  It's not really important since the actorTypeData that comes with AAF handles those.  If you want to fix it, change the line in that file to

<actorType form="00021AD0" id="ActorTypeDog" raceList="RaiderDog,Dogmeat,ViciousDog"/>

i'm not really understanding the unequip section of installing.
are the listing for compatibility and max compatibility options  to be untouched when removing equipment?
for instance they both say "eyes" which i assume glasses. would the character keep them on when all else is removed? 

(the wording isn't clear to me)

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I will take a look. But, that issue may be fixable by re-requip XML using resetAll instead of the older separately listed items method.

Where do I put the "resetAll"? Inside condition?:

<equipmentSet id="reEquip">
        <condition>
                 resetAll
        </condition>
</equipmentSet>

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Polistiro's "AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod v3.2" has an invalid Dogs_actorTypeData.xml.  That same file might also exist in other animation patches.  It's not really important since the actorTypeData that comes with AAF handles those.  If you want to fix it, change the line in that file to

<actorType form="00021AD0" id="ActorTypeDog" raceList="RaiderDog,Dogmeat,ViciousDog"/>

oh ok thats it. thanks a lot

12 hours ago, redlantern said:

i'm not really understanding the unequip section of installing.
are the listing for compatibility and max compatibility options  to be untouched when removing equipment?
for instance they both say "eyes" which i assume glasses. would the character keep them on when all else is removed? 

(the wording isn't clear to me)

I don't follow the question?

11 hours ago, NoJoker said:

Where do I put the "resetAll"? Inside condition?:

<equipmentSet id="reEquip">
        <condition>
                 resetAll
        </condition>
</equipmentSet>

It is explained here: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/equipmentSet.md#!equipmentset

12 hours ago, dagobaking said:

i mean i dont understand what max compatibility and compatibility do exactly in the installer. i see that they both give example of equipment slots for example Eyes. do both options make it so my character keeps Eye equipment on during animations?

2 hours ago, redlantern said:

i mean i dont understand what max compatibility and compatibility do exactly in the installer. i see that they both give example of equipment slots for example Eyes. do both options make it so my character keeps Eye equipment on during animations?

Those aren't examples of slots. They are a list of the slots that the option unequips.

Anybody else having issues with the strapon being equipped HELLA slow on the player... like 5-10 seconds. Also happens every time I change positions. Doesn't matter what strapon/equipment set, or what xml set. Doesn't matter if called from script or the AAF hotkey. 

Strapon equips normally on NPC when same positions called with player as actor 0, (and preseumably with 2 npcs though not tested yet)

I dunno how long this problem has existed as I probably haven't called an animation with the player using a strapon for quite a while. Most of the time Hardship puts them on raiders in my gameplay so... I just may not have noticed it till now. 

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Anybody else having issues with the strapon being equipped HELLA slow on the player... like 5-10 seconds. Also happens every time I change positions. Doesn't matter what strapon/equipment set, or what xml set. Doesn't matter if called from script or the AAF hotkey. 

Strapon equips normally on NPC when same positions called with player as actor 0, (and preseumably with 2 npcs though not tested yet)

I dunno how long this problem has existed as I probably haven't called an animation with the player using a strapon for quite a while. Most of the time Hardship puts them on raiders in my gameplay so... I just may not have noticed it till now. 

I can confirm that this problem DOES NOT happen in the only older AAF I have laying around: 110. I obviously couldn't test it with the newest XMLs but I used the last old set of adjusted Leito XMLs I made for Hardship which exhibited the problem with The current AAF.  I tested it with both the One Patch and standalone An3k Strapons and both behaved as they should with 110. Otherwise everything installed was the same (and up to date) between tests.

I didn't notice the problem till today so It could go back anywhere from the current AAF beta to the one after AAF 110@dagobaking

5 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Thank you for the info.

There was an equipment-on-pc-only related bug that I found recently and fixed. Will be in next release. It might be the issue here.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:18 AM, dagobaking said:

animation packs with positionTrees crashing on boot ("stuck at 30%"")

I have updated some mods and animations recently (list below) and now AAF loads but gets stuck at 30%.

-AAF Creature Resource

-AAF Violate

-Indarello's Animation patch

-AAF (from 133 to 139)

Which of them can be the cause of this?

20 minutes ago, Verasmile2 said:

I have updated some mods and animations recently (list below) and now AAF loads but gets stuck at 30%.

-AAF Creature Resource

-AAF Violate

-Indarello's Animation patch

-AAF (from 133 to 139)

Which of them can be the cause of this?

AAF 133 loads for me and I play with Indarello's Patch, but 139 was a total bust using the same mods. There is a great thread setting up your AAF with the latest mods. Also lists mods that no longer work. Fixed my stop at 30% problem but not so for version 139..

21 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you for the info.

There was an equipment-on-pc-only related bug that I found recently and fixed. Will be in next release. It might be the issue here.

I switched to "resetall" in equipment xml, but the bug still appears.

My AAF re-equip delay is set to 30 seconds.

Step to reproduce:

For example: AAF Violate Scene:

Before First scene starts: PC undressed properly and gets equipped with Devious Devices/Real Handcuffs as configured in Violate MCM.

First scene starts: playing animation, animation ends. Then there will be a short dialogue in-between violate scene, PC still undressed.

Second scene starts: animation plays, during the animation, PC gets re-dressed in full equipment with incorrect object modification (For example, if I have an armor piece that I have modified its color from default black to white, it will dress the PC with default color). Animation ends.

My best guess according to my limited knowledge: The re-equip thread that is running isn't being checked if the second scene has started before delay timer has reached?