A question regard re-equip: I have several mods which use Slot 54 (Backpacks of the Commonwealth, Jetpacks FAO - all esp). They are unequipped but not re-equipped after the sex-scene. I tried to chang the AAF_EquipmentSetData.xml like:

<unEquip bipedSlot="Unnamed"/>
        <unEquip bipedSlot="Unnamed1"/>

or

<unEquip bipedSlot="Unnamed0"/>

but the backpacks or jetpacks are not re-equipped.

Any idea?

5 hours ago, RogueMage said:

A question regard re-equip: I have several mods which use Slot 54 (Backpacks of the Commonwealth, Jetpacks FAO - all esp). They are unequipped but not re-equipped after the sex-scene. I tried to chang the AAF_EquipmentSetData.xml like:

<unEquip bipedSlot="Unnamed"/>

or

<unEquip bipedSlot="Unnamed0"/>

but the backpacks or jetpacks are not re-equipped.

Any idea?

The unnamed slots are named like this: "Unnamed1", "Unnamed2", "Unnamed3", "Unnamed4", "Unnamed5"

It's possible that those mods involve additional "controller" items and/or scripts so that other mods controlling them through scripts like AAF can't do everything needed to make them equip/unequip.

I have made some changes/fixes to the equipping system on recent test builds. So, you may look to try the next release to see if it helps.

5 hours ago, RogueMage said:

Another problem:

I just pressed F11 and my female character want to try it with the female mannequin I  built with the workshop. How do I prevent that? The mannequin is positioned but not moving of course. :D

It sounds like the mannequin has a keyword on it that designates it as an NPC. Looking for those keywords are how AAF knows what to include as options. So, you would need to remove the actor type keyword from the mannequin.

I have some questions regarding equpmentSets...

I want to control what equipment is unequipped for animations, I could use equipmentSets for that, or are there any other options?
Can there be multiple condition nodes in an equipmentSet or only one?
If so what condition node(s) will be used, all conditions nodes that check to true or only the first one that checks to true?
Can I somehow add condition nodes to the default AAF "unEquip" Node or do I have to completely override (loadPriority?) it?

1 hour ago, Akor said:

I want to control what equipment is unequipped for animations, I could use equipmentSets for that, or are there any other options?

I am trying to consolidate equipment matters there. So, that is it currently.

1 hour ago, Akor said:

Can there be multiple condition nodes in an equipmentSet or only one?

There can be multiple.

1 hour ago, Akor said:

If so what condition node(s) will be used, all conditions nodes that check to true or only the first one that checks to true?

It applies every one that checks to true.

1 hour ago, Akor said:

Can I somehow add condition nodes to the default AAF "unEquip" Node or do I have to completely override (loadPriority?) it?

You could over-write it the old fashioned way by using the same name as the file and rely on load order. But, I think using loadPriority and re-writing it in your own file would be better.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

The unnamed slots are named like this: "Unnamed1", "Unnamed2", "Unnamed3", "Unnamed4", "Unnamed5"

It's possible that those mods involve additional "controller" items and/or scripts so that other mods controlling them through scripts like AAF can't do everything needed to make them equip/unequip.

I have made some changes/fixes to the equipping system on recent test builds. So, you may look to try the next release to see if it helps.

It sounds like the mannequin has a keyword on it that designates it as an NPC. Looking for those keywords are how AAF knows what to include as options. So, you would need to remove the actor type keyword from the mannequin.

At the moment I use this mod as workarround Outfit Switcher - Hotkey Loadout by registrator2000 which has no problems. There is a source for download as well. Just a humble suggestion.

So not a complete noob, I made sure to install all requirements and made sure vortex didn't have any issues with my mods, now when I get into fights and surrender, or just in general, my character sits there like she is ready then no animations load up at all.... what the hell am I missing? any ideas?  I have literally spent 5 hours off and on uninstalling and retrying all kinds of crap but nothing. 

Having read through the posts above about AAF working and then stopping, i have tried all the suggestions and I am still getting no joy. If i take the game back to a save without (M) beside it and load, the AAF start menu scrolls past and we are in business. Move forward to my most recent save and nothing. I have reinstalled AAF, using MO2 with the latest F4se and still nothing. All I am now getting is a ctd when i try to scrap anything. I assume it is a mod conflict but what should i try next? Thanks in advance

On 4/10/2018 at 8:44 PM, dagobaking said:

I'm pretty sure that I figure out what the issue is.

AAF loads in the player characters info when the game first starts. So, when you start a brand new game, you are the default male character. I believe the issue goes away if you save and reload the game (at a point after switching to female). Can you test?

To clarify, as long as I save and reload directly after making my female character this issue should not happen again? Or would it be better to install aaf after I create my character. Thanks!!

I've noticed a problem with staged animations (and seemingly switching between animations) that only affects interactions with (non feral) ghouls. At first I assumed it was a problem with an animation or XML pack but after some clumsy debugging I think It might be AAF itself. I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. Basically If 2 humans interact the stages flow naturally, but if a human and ghoul have a scene then they jump up into a neutral pose for a split second between each stage.  (only tested with player involved... affects M and F receiver)

GhoulProblem.jpg.a906c2b424f29e9a588c7ff2526bfaea.jpg

Any ideas? 

Hm. There could be an issue with ghoul behavior files like some other races. But, then I would only expect that to affect the ghoul when you are showing the human stopping also.

Maybe the animation pack you are using is applying the reset function to ghouls. It's needed to make some races work. But, I dont think ghouls need it.

33 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Hm. There could be an issue with ghoul behavior files like some other races. But, then I would only expect that to affect the ghoul when you are showing the human stopping also.

Maybe the animation pack you are using is applying the reset function to ghouls. It's needed to make some races work. But, I dont think ghouls need it.

Is this "reset" an XML setting I can change to try to determine if that's the problem? If so... any idea where I might find it?

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Is this "reset" an XML setting I can change to try to determine if that's the problem? If so... any idea where I might find it?

Yes.

It's called "requiresAnimationReset" and is part of the Race XML as shown here: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/race.md#!race

Someone could also set it in a default node at the top of an XML and it would then apply to every race listed in that XML.

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Yes.

It's called "requiresAnimationReset" and is part of the Race XML as shown here: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/XML/race.md#!race

Someone could also set it in a default node at the top of an XML and it would then apply to every race listed in that XML.

Thanks dagobaking, after a lot of mind destroying scutwork... I haven't found the specific XML but I have narrowed it down to which mod is the culprit. It's AAF Themes.

EDIT: Predictably it was "Theme_Animations_raceData.xml". I'll inform Halstrom so he can fix it in the next release. If anybody wants to fix it themselves in the meantime, Simply change this line:

<race id="Ghoul" form="EAFB6" maleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_M.swf" femaleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_F.swf" requiresAnimationReset="true"/>

To this:

<race id="Ghoul" form="EAFB6" maleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_M.swf" femaleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_F.swf"/>   

WARNING: Simply changing the True to False won't do didly-squat!

5 hours ago, Chenoah said:

I don't have Danse in power armor, however, after sex scenes he enters into a power armor shell. Can I disable this somehow?

Odd. You could try turning off return to power armor setting in the settings file.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Thanks dagobaking, after a lot of mind destroying scutwork... I haven't found the specific XML but I have narrowed it down to which mod is the culprit. It's AAF Themes.

EDIT: Predictably it was "Theme_Animations_raceData.xml". I'll inform Halstrom so he can fix it in the next release. If anybody wants to fix it themselves in the meantime, Simply change this line:

<race id="Ghoul" form="EAFB6" maleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_M.swf" femaleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_F.swf" requiresAnimationReset="true"/>

To this:

<race id="Ghoul" form="EAFB6" maleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_M.swf" femaleSWF="AAF_ActorIcon_Ghoul_F.swf"/>   

WARNING: Simply changing the True to False won't do didly-squat!

aha. makes sense.

Will have to look at the true/false issue though.

17 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Odd. You could try turning off return to power armor setting in the settings file.

aha. makes sense.

Will have to look at the true/false issue though.

I tried it both ways and it did not work. What seemed to work was actually romancing him. (So weird) Perhaps it was just a fluke. It could have something to do with immersive lovers embrace though because that one says I am in power armor when I am not. Thank you for the advice!