18 hours ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Wha . .  how the hell does that happen!?

I select her via SEU, and someone else selects her via RSE, Violate, or some other mod.

I'm literally left standing with my johnson blowing in the wind........When the other person is done, you'd expect to finally get your turn, but nothing happens.

The game is stuck with you nekked & standing at attention until you load a previous save.

?

3 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Glad you changed your avatar, Rufgt..........TBH, it was kinda creepy.

?

I liked the old one more actually ;)
People changing avatars is weird its like if people in real life overnight drastically change their gender, size, faces, hair, skin or clothing, there's nothing actually wrong, it just makes recognition from a distance harder  :)

35 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

People changing avatars is weird its like if people in real life overnight drastically change their gender, size, faces, hair, skin or clothing, there's nothing actually wrong, it just makes recognition from a distance harder

Mine is a perfect representation of my real life

Whether I am the ass or the ton of baggage is up for interpretation...

17 hours ago, Nuggholio said:

i've got an issue, my companion had the sex, and now refuses to move or do anything i tell them to.

If i move her to a new area with knockout framework she just teleports straight back to where she was before.

Have to tried to make that companion have sex again with any npc , sounds like the she is still stuck from the that animation and doesn't know its over. 

Just an FYI... as I know the author is on top of things.

Awhile back I posted a tip regarding getting past this quest bug issue with the initial entry into the Railroad.... by just not stopping and listening to Desdemona's speech.. and go straight to the Doc and hand in the prototype while she is heading to her marker to do her speech.

This alone allowed us to get the next quest to fire off... otherwise, the Railroad chain stops right there if you let her do her speech first.

Here is another one for running the quests to acquire Hancock as a companion... should it be also related to this issue we've experienced here.

As we know, we do:

- Silver Shroud which ends with Hancock,

- Pickman's Gallery we can get from and also ends at Hancock

- and then finally The Dig with Bobbi, ending at storeroom where we have a few options to move it along from there.... before we can access Hancock as a companion.

If you let Bobbi live in the storeroom, by getting her to leave peacefully, the misc quest does not fire to go speak with Hancock.

If you kill Bobbi, it fires off as it should.

And I didn't test the kill Farenheit way... so your call if you want to check that option out.

Of note, I have a hard save just at the entrance from "The Dig" into the storeroom.. so I ran the above several times each way (minus kill Farenheit).

Same outcome as described above... every time.

Finally, I cannot say this is 100% due to the issue we are having here either... with quests not firing off when they should or whatnot.

This is just an FYI... should this in fact be related, and may help a user if they get stuck .... like I did.

1 hour ago, GameLover said:

If you let Bobbi live in the storeroom, by getting her to leave peacefully, the misc quest does not fire to go speak with Hancock.

And I didn't test the kill Farenheit way... so your call if you want to check that option out.

The only way I could get it to fire was by killing farenheit. Killing Bobbi or Letting her live had no effect. I'm sure it's just a difference in loadout or something.

9 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

The only way I could get it to fire was by killing farenheit. Killing Bobbi or Letting her live had no effect. I'm sure it's just a difference in loadout or something. 

LOL.

Good to know.

Personally, I always liked a tough & sassy lass.

As such, killing Farenheit would have been, as it was above, my last choice..... I'd rather bang her...lol

Anyway... just shows how unpredictable this little quirk/bug can get.

And you're indeed correct on loadout.

Thanks for sharing info as well ;)

2 hours ago, GameLover said:

Just an FYI... as I know the author is on top of things.

Awhile back I posted a tip regarding getting past this quest bug issue with the initial entry into the Railroad.... by just not stopping and listening to Desdemona's speech.. and go straight to the Doc and hand in the prototype while she is heading to her marker to do her speech.

This alone allowed us to get the next quest to fire off... otherwise, the Railroad chain stops right there if you let her do her speech first.

Here is another one for running the quests to acquire Hancock as a companion... should it be also related to this issue we've experienced here.

As we know, we do:

- Silver Shroud which ends with Hancock,

- Pickman's Gallery we can get from and also ends at Hancock

- and then finally The Dig with Bobbi, ending at storeroom where we have a few options to move it along from there.... before we can access Hancock as a companion.

Of note, I have a hard save just at the entrance from "The Dig" into the storeroom.. so I ran the above several times each way (minus kill Farenheit).

Same outcome as described above... every time.

Finally, I cannot say this is 100% due to the issue we are having here either... with quests not firing off when they should or whatnot.

This is just an FYI... should this in fact be related, and may help a user if they get stuck .... like I did.

Thank you for this info.

I'm pretty sure that this problem is already completely fixed in test versions. A public release will be out soon that includes the fix.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, rom65536 said:

It was a fairly simple gun mod that added a colt 1911 to the museum of freedom (the second floor room with the mural). Somehow, some way, it made four of the raiders not spawn right. I'd clear out the museum, and preston would say there were still raiders to be killed.

Unlike you, I didn't do console commands.  I had very few mods loaded so began uninstalling 1 by 1 until I had none. I would start up a save prior to the quest initiating each time.   Whatever happened got into the save because even with no mods installed.  NMM uninstall, I do not believe any of those contained loose files but I don't know for a fact.  I do know I had none prior to those being installed because I manually deleted all Loose files prior to starting this project.

A brief introduction since I've never posted here.  Been browsing these boards for a few years off and on but don't know how to contribute a damned thing since my computer savy is 2 on a scale of 10.  So, I had some time to burn and decided to try to give back a little.

I'm trying to build a list of how to install all mods for AAF/LL for people like myself that read 75 percent of this board as a foreign language.  The exact bug you described happened to me.  I killed off all Raiders went to the door and tried to open it and Preston said, "Go Fuck Yourself.  There are still 4 more out there."  Red Markers appeared where they were supposed to spawn.   I happened to note down the issue and the mods I had installed at the time and the order was as follows:

F4SE

FO4Edit - All Masters were cleaned.

Unofficial Fallout4 Patch

Looks Menu

Hudframework

Mod Configuration Menu

Extended Dialogue Interface

Achievements

CBBE

BodySlide

Additional Body Textures - Ghouls and More CBEE

Enhanced Vanilla Bodies

AWKCR

ArmorSmith Extended

Atomic Lust

AAF

Those were the only mods loaded at the time and that was the install order of them.  I began uninstalling in reverse order to no avail as stated earlier.  I started a new game and ran the Museum quest with no mods and there were 0 issues.   Probably useless information but if someone is feeling tenacious on the subject that should narrow down their search significantly. 

1 hour ago, 4th Horseman said:

Unlike you, I didn't do console commands.  I had very few mods loaded so began uninstalling 1 by 1 until I had none. I would start up a save prior to the quest initiating each time.   Whatever happened got into the save because even with no mods installed.  NMM uninstall, I do not believe any of those contained loose files but I don't know for a fact.  I do know I had none prior to those being installed because I manually deleted all Loose files prior to starting this project.

A brief introduction since I've never posted here.  Been browsing these boards for a few years off and on but don't know how to contribute a damned thing since my computer savy is 2 on a scale of 10.  So, I had some time to burn and decided to try to give back a little.

I'm trying to build a list of how to install all mods for AAF/LL for people like myself that read 75 percent of this board as a foreign language.  The exact bug you described happened to me.  I killed off all Raiders went to the door and tried to open it and Preston said, "Go Fuck Yourself.  There are still 4 more out there."  Red Markers appeared where they were supposed to spawn.   I happened to note down the issue and the mods I had installed at the time and the order was as follows:

F4SE

FO4Edit - All Masters were cleaned.

Unofficial Fallout4 Patch

Looks Menu

Hudframework

Mod Configuration Menu

Extended Dialogue Interface

Achievements

CBBE

BodySlide

Additional Body Textures - Ghouls and More CBEE

Enhanced Vanilla Bodies

AWKCR

ArmorSmith Extended

Atomic Lust

AAF

Those were the only mods loaded at the time and that was the install order of them.  I began uninstalling in reverse order to no avail as stated earlier.  I started a new game and ran the Museum quest with no mods and there were 0 issues.   Probably useless information but if someone is feeling tenacious on the subject that should narrow down their search significantly. 

Ah...I hope by 'all masters cleaned' you do not mean that you cleaned the actual game files. From what I have read, this is a great big no-no. Mod cleaning can solve errors and make things run more efficiently, but depending on the individual mod can sometimes cause problems as well...it is mostly useful when you are merging mods together.

It may be that dagobaking has already fixed this bug, we have much more limited information here about what goes on with the active development now that it has moved over to Discord. Regardless, the next step in your process of isolating the problem would be to re-install the mods one by one until the problem presents itself again.

Glad you've joined the discussion. It doesn't seem to me that your "computer savvy" is as low as you claim, looks like you've done good work figuring out this bug.

Pure persistence can sometimes overcome lack of knowledge.  Oldrim got me into this mess.  When Skyrim SE came out it helped me immensely because my bloating issues became a thing of the past and suddenly things started working.  Cleaning those Masters helped me with crashes and I thought that the same would apply with Fallout.  For full disclosure:

Fallout4.esm - Untouched

DLCRobot.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCworkshop01.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCCoast - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCworkshop02.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCworkshop03.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCNukaworld.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

I had assumed that since it worked so well for me in Skyrim the same would apply here.  My understanding of the issue was simply that I was removing duplicate information and this was better for the game not worse.  You are literally the first person I've read to NOT do this.  I do not touch any other game mods with FO4Edit because I lack the knowledge to know if I should or not.  I'd happily like to know if this knowledge is now wrong for FO4.

I honestly wish I had taken better notes.  At some point I managed to fix my Alt Tab issue where the screen resolution would get 25 percent larger on alt tabbing back into the game without having to change it to borderless.  It was around the point where I added then removed bMaximizeWindow=1  from my ini.  There were a few other things I changed at that time following the excellent tutorials people make on this site and others.

What originally brought me back to this thread was trying to figure out if AAF or RSE (It is the last Mod I've installed while testing) was a problem for me.   My screen went black but the icon in the bottom-right never stopped moving, as if it was stopped in a loop.  The music kept playing but I never heard ambiant noise like it made it back into the game. I can only assume a script started and never progressed.   I waited a solid 10 mins just to see if the issue would resolve.  But when I switched over into Task Manager to see what was going on I found this:

FO4-1.png

This happened after I got a message of "Uncontrollable Ardor" had to be satisfied.  I believe RSE triggered a script that forces you to have sex with anyone or anything.   I can't remember the exact message and I didn't take a screenshop fast enough unfortunately.  So, now I'm stuck trying to recreate it now to see if it was a fluke or not.  I was hoping to find information on this.

Edit: Game is doing this every single time.  Now,  I just logged in after posting the above and it seems the game created an Autosave prior to this script firing (I had just woken up).

FO4 -UAE.png

I think I will post a full load order in the RSE thread since I believe this now has nothing to do with AAF.  That is a guess on my part since most of this is above my paygrade.

2 minutes ago, 4th Horseman said:

Pure persistence can sometimes overcome lack of knowledge.  Oldrim got me into this mess.  When Skyrim SE came out it helped me immensely because my bloating issues became a thing of the past and suddenly things started working.  Cleaning those masters helped me with crashes and I thought that the same would apply with Fallout.  For full disclosure:

Fallout4.esm - Untouched

DLCRobot.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCworkshop01.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCCoast - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCworkshop02.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCworkshop03.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

DLCNukaworld.esm - Cleaned with Fo4Edit

I had assumed that since it worked so well for me in Skyrim the same would apply here.  My understanding of the issue was simply that I was remove duplicate information and this was better for the game not worse.  You are literally the first person I've read to NOT do this.  I do not touch any other game mods with FO4Edit because I lack the knowledge to know if I should or not.

I honestly wish I had taken better notes.  At some point I managed to fix my Alt Tab issue where the screen Resolution would get 25 percent larger on alt tabbing back into the game without having to change it to borderless.  It was around the point where I added then removed bMaximizeWindow=1  from my ini.  There were a few other things I changed at that time following the excellent tutorials people make on this site and others.

What originally brought me back to this thread was trying to figure out if AAF or RSE (It is the last Mod I've installed while testing) was a problem for me.   My screen went black but the icon in the bottom-right never stopped moving as if it was stopped in a loop.  But when I switched over into Task Manager to see what was going on I found this:

This happened after I got a message of "Uncontrollable Armor"  I can't remember the exact message and I didn't take a screenshop fast enough unfortunately.  So, now I'm stuck trying to recreate it now to see if it was a fluke or not.  I was hoping to find information on this.

FO4-1.png

Oddly enough, I had never done that cleaning thing. I did it in the middle of a game and it hosed that game properly. I got a lot of CTD etc. Fixing to start a new game still with the cleaned mods to see what happens. I don't know enough about it to weigh in further. I'll let y'all know what happens on a new game.

Sometimes untamed ardor can try to kick of the animation before the narrative notification box get's to display. If you hit "enter" it will then continue. I think that may be what's happening there. Maybe. Or I could be full of . . .

24 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Oddly enough, I had never done that cleaning thing. I did it in the middle of a game and it hosed that game properly. I got a lot of CTD etc. Fixing to start a new game still with the cleaned mods to see what happens. I don't know enough about it to weigh in further. I'll let y'all know what happens on a new game. 

Eh...well, good luck with that. There are quite a few people who do recommend it, but more of what I've read suggests that a lot of mod authors take the "dirtiness" of the original game files into account when they are creating their mods and so the cleaning is generally unwise if you are modding your game. I suppose there are valid arguments on both sides, since if a mod does happen to modify a value that the original game files marked as 'deleted' (rather than 'initially disabled'), the game will CTD. I've never personally encountered a FO4 mod that has committed this particular atrocity (I actually spend days and sometimes weeks exhaustively patching mod conflicts in FO4Edit.) But I don't have every mod installed, obviously, and I skip a lot of very popular ones. So this could be a worthwhile experiment if you are willing to invest the time.

But as uncleaned FO4 files are actually remarkably stable as far as Bethesda games go, I'll just go the safer route and leave it be.

59 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

Sometimes untamed ardor can try to kick of the animation before the narrative notification box get's to display. If you hit "enter" it will then continue. I think that may be what's happening there. Maybe. Or I could be full of . . .

Bingo!  Got it in 1.  Thank you for the reply.  I believe I hit every key besides "ENTER" when this happened initially and gave it up after just pounding the keyboard.  Good to know it's not a load order issue.  

***Mods*** Feel free to delete my posts.  I didn't mean to clog this thread with a nonrelated RSE problem.  In my ignorance I didn't know which it was.

1 hour ago, forgets said:

Eh...well, good luck with that. There are quite a few people who do recommend it, but more of what I've read suggests that a lot of mod authors take the "dirtiness" of the original game files into account when they are creating their mods and so the cleaning is generally unwise if you are modding your game. I suppose there are valid arguments on both sides, since if a mod does happen to modify a value that the original game files marked as 'deleted' (rather than 'initially disabled'), the game will CTD. I've never personally encountered a FO4 mod that has committed this particular atrocity (I actually spend days and sometimes weeks exhaustively patching mod conflicts in FO4Edit.) But I don't have every mod installed, obviously, and I skip a lot of very popular ones. So this could be a worthwhile experiment if you are willing to invest the time.

But as uncleaned FO4 files are actually remarkably stable as far as Bethesda games go, I'll just go the safer route and leave it be.

It's real early of course, but so far it's flawless. Sure did hose my previous play through tho! [shrug]

OK. Getting ready to try and have another go at AAF but I have a few questions.

1. Under the main AAF file download on Nexus, there are actor packages. I assume these are "equipment" packages for male actors to be used in animation packs such as "Atomic Lust", "Mutated Lust" and "Vadermania". However on some of the animation packs they provide links to different "equipment" packages or are built in to the animation packs themselves. So what do I do, download them both or one or the other?

2. FP MODS: The only FP mods I really care about and really would want to use are Sexual Harrassment and Prostitution. Sexual Harrassment has a requirement of Fourplay Attributes which in turn requires Fourplay itself. Does this mean that if I want to use FP Prostitution and Sexual Harrassment I will need to have Fourplay and its many dependencies installed in addition to AAF and the AAF Compatibility Patches for it to work?

3. AAF Compatibility Patches: As I understand from reading the installation guide by Farrelle, the compatibility patch must include yet another mysterious male "equipment" package (See where I am going with this? Just all kinds of files seem to be required to properly allow males to participate in animations). I also understand that this patch has the 4P Proxy installed that actually handles the handoff from Fourplay. Do I understand that correctly?

I apologize if these questions seem trivial to some of you, but after hopping around several different websites, about 10 different topics in two different sub forums here.... its kind of a lot to wrap my head around. I suspect that more than a little of the information in the installation guide has been made obsolete and rather than to poke it all in my game devil may care and hope it works, Id just like a little clarification.

Thank you for any help you may offer.

49 minutes ago, Olmech said:

1. Under the main AAF file download on Nexus, there are actor packages. I assume these are "equipment" packages for male actors to be used in animation packs such as "Atomic Lust", "Mutated Lust" and "Vadermania". However on some of the animation packs they provide links to different "equipment" packages or are built in to the animation packs themselves. So what do I do, download them both or one or the other? 

You do not need to download the actor type packages, they are now built into the options in the fomod. They have nothing to do with male equipment--they tell AAF what types of actors (humans, ghouls, synths, super mutants, etc.) that you want AAF to be aware of for animations.

54 minutes ago, Olmech said:

2. FP MODS: The only FP mods I really care about and really would want to use are Sexual Harrassment and Prostitution. Sexual Harrassment has a requirement of Fourplay Attributes which in turn requires Fourplay itself. Does this mean that if I want to use FP Prostitution and Sexual Harrassment I will need to have Fourplay and its many dependencies installed in addition to AAF and the AAF Compatibility Patches for it to work?

I was of the impression that you only need the Four-play proxy in the AAF Compatibility patch, but I would defer to someone with more experience on this subject...

56 minutes ago, Olmech said:

3. AAF Compatibility Patches: As I understand from reading the installation guide by Farrelle, the compatibility patch must include yet another mysterious male "equipment" package (See where I am going with this? Just all kinds of files seem to be required to properly allow males to participate in animations). I also understand that this patch has the 4P Proxy installed that actually handles the handoff from Fourplay. Do I understand that correctly?

Yes, the compatibility patch includes the male EVB body (AAF is not compatible with Dongs of Fallout) and the Fourplay proxy. You install what you need.

The installation guide is actually obsolete, but it is being re-written. The correct install order is:

F4SE+LooksMenu -> AAF -> AAF Compatibility Patch -> Leito/Crazy Animations if you want them -> Polistiros AAF Patches if needed -> Any other animation packs you want.

I don't know enough about 4P to give you any instructions about anything related to it, maybe someone else here can help you...