3 hours ago, Chadraln said:

I tried this game out a couple days ago.  In my first game, I failed on my work application, at which point I could not find another company that was hiring.  My character basically had nothing he could do at that point, particularly since he also failed to find a sugarmomma.

My second game went fine though.  Set my starting skills higher and got a job (admittedly for less money than was offered in the first game).  Biggest issue was that the first couple nights I seemed to be endlessly spammed by the psycho neighbor event.

Hmm, it shouldn't block you from getting a job if you fail in your interview. Maybe you just look around when it was already after business hours. The 'Attend an interview' option only shows up during 9 - 5

The psycho can be gotten rid of (higher your interpersonal skill, higher your chance) by telling the landlord. You can also decrease the Scene Frequency in Esc > settings

Hey, thank you for making this, and making it free!  It's pretty damned cool in my opinion.

Couple questions:  the docs folder... Is this basically examples on how we can/should code for making mods?  I'm CLUELESS on coding, so, for this game, I really am not understanding how to mod for it.  But, I *think* that your docs folder has examples to make text files to put in a folder somewhere in the game's folder structure?

Basically, I'd love to hear a little bit on HOW we mod this game, and WHERE we put a mod file.

Also, should I / we be using the Vin Base from the content updates on the github?  Replace the download file with that one?  Is that where we get updates at?  Only reason I ask is cuz it's called 'content updates' lol.  I used to know how to USE mods for oblivion Waaaaaaay back in the day, but I admit to being a bit confused here.  Loving messing around with this game though, it's cool!

Lastly, and FFS don't judge me please, we all have our preferences... Is there any way we can turn off/block the homosexual and transgender stuff in this game?  Is there like a switch, or a setting where we can do that?  

Thanks again!  This thing looks really cool, and it was fun messing with it last night after work.

Lastly, and FFS don't judge me please, we all have our preferences... Is there any way we can turn off/block the homosexual and transgender stuff in this game?  Is there like a switch, or a setting where we can do that?  

Haven't done enough however, there is a preference panel for the three (Male, female and transgender) using the standard symbol above the character. I don't remember seeing anything that was out of those preferences during my game play. However, there is I believe the opportunity for conversations even with the preferences.. just ignore them. They seem to be pretty clear that you are going down a road you might not want (regardless of preferences...) Hope that helps.

On 10/04/2018 at 7:46 AM, vinfamy said:

However, zoning housing prices is a good suggestion - quite hard to implement though.

Not sure how it'd work precisely but coding wise couldn't you just reference a new district object to the building object then use that to work out the price?  Like the district could just hold a float from 0.1-n that could be multiplied with a base price stored within the building object to determine the end total.  

Having districts already coded in would make taxes and criminal enterprises a bit more realistic too;  It'd be kinda fun if someone modded it towards something akin to Hentai High School only for an entire city and with you acting as mayor. 

On 4/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, merctime said:

Hey, thank you for making this, and making it free!  It's pretty damned cool in my opinion.

Couple questions:  the docs folder... Is this basically examples on how we can/should code for making mods?  I'm CLUELESS on coding, so, for this game, I really am not understanding how to mod for it.  But, I *think* that your docs folder has examples to make text files to put in a folder somewhere in the game's folder structure?

Basically, I'd love to hear a little bit on HOW we mod this game, and WHERE we put a mod file.

Also, should I / we be using the Vin Base from the content updates on the github?  Replace the download file with that one?  Is that where we get updates at?  Only reason I ask is cuz it's called 'content updates' lol.  I used to know how to USE mods for oblivion Waaaaaaay back in the day, but I admit to being a bit confused here.  Loving messing around with this game though, it's cool!

Thanks again!  This thing looks really cool, and it was fun messing with it last night after work.

On content updates, I linked the folder just for the impatient people. Whenever I push to GitHub with new content in the Modules folder, then yes, you can replace the Modules folder in your game with what on Github to get the latest scenes etc

But at the same time, I will release a new version of the game more than once a month and upload it on here so for majority of people, there's no need to mess around with Github

For modding, read explanation.lpmod first followed by the rest of the explanation.lp* 's . Each of these will refer to further documents.

Or if you're like me, who learn best from editing other people's work first, then just go inside Modules/Vin_Base and start editing various lpstat, lpaction, lpscene, lpdesc, etc - all changes you make there will take effect as soon as you Ctrl + M > Confirm in game - no need to even exit the game!

Hello, I enjoy the game quite well and was wondering if there is a way to toggle map view and character view outside of events or if there will be such an option. Even though they do not do anything, it would be cool to check out the scene every now and then instead of having a tiny window. I also have a minor bug where every time I launch the game, it tries to open my SteamVR and tries to connect my Vive. Is this game VR compatible or is it an actual bug

Tried it, its OK feels like every other adult Patreon milked 'game' out there. Not visually appealing and the models are truly inspired by Bethesda games (plus the randoms are god awful looking). Very clunky navigation. The 'world' is like a 3D Google Maps with no details and no info. Its hard to locate things and to find out what we can go to at what times and what's available in the current version of the 'game'. There also seems to lack any choices, must've taken a page from Fallout 4. Why can't we interact with the person hanging out with us? Why can't we interact with the person we live with outside the random pop up events that get annoying?

Also does maps determine anything? Like the people within it? Otherwise why make new maps? If all I'm going to do is encounter old fat guys in Hong Kong clearly not worth downloading lol.

Also how do you trigger scenes from the addon files? I was asked about watching my partner with another man to which I said no but that's about all that ever happened isn't there anything else?

Tried it, its OK feels like every other adult Patron milked 'game' out there.

Yep, perhaps... however, it is open source... No Patron milking here. ;) There are issues, etc, but, the key is someone can if they wanted to make the changes to the system as they see fit. This is way different from Patreon and other adult games created.

@vinfamy -- WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I agree with some of the previous comments, the game still feels a bit rough in some spots, but the potential of it -- OMG it is huge! Also, and I say this with full conviction, your game is far better than most adult games I've ever tried, including many that are pay- or "donationware" (and there was a time of boredom a little while back when I looked at quite a few of them).

I haven't looked at the files yet, but I suppose that highly moddable means that potentially somebody could even come up with a completely fictional city or other place, custom stories and characters? That would be so awesome, the possibilities would be near endless!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this game evolves.

Cheers!

Hello, I rarely post, maybe this is even my first post, I don't know. But wanted to say you're such a genius person! This could grow so huge. I'd like to contribute a bit in building dialogue and such, downloading it and I'll try to find out how this works. Thank you so much. :smile:

PROGRESS UPDATE - 13 APRIL
* Expected release date for LifePlay 1.1:
 21 April
* Completed so far:
- Added performance-friendly map markers (bit like Google Maps - the more you zoom in, the more markers are displayed about the buildings in your current view)
- Added street names for better immersion with the city
- Whenever a new NPC is generated in a scene, three options will appear in the top-right corner to re-randomize face, hairs and sexy bits so that in case the game generates an ugly bum, you can keep trying until you achieve something acceptable
- Search results are now sorted by distance to the current view
- Added Settings options: display duration for sex descriptions, prevent scripted clothing changes during scene, NPCs are always aware of and respect player's sexual orientation, hide ? (unknown) buildings, 12/24 hour clock
- The character will now stop all facial expression during character customization so that you have a neutral face to work with the whole time
- Under the name of each building will now also show how many minutes it would take to get there
- Fixed the bug where the player disappears while an NPC remains behind in the middle of screen after a NPC-NPC sex scene (for example the neighbour peeping scene)
- Fixed the bug in the dating app scene where the actors pile on top of each other
- Fixed the bug where clicking on a search result shows a menu for the previous building
- The game will no longer try to open SteamVR and connect with Vive when launched
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added first person cameras so that you can see the sex scene from the perspective of one of the actors involved

1 hour ago, vinfamy said:

* Expected release date for LifePlay 1.1:
 21 April
* Completed so far:
- Added performance-friendly map markers (bit like Google Maps - the more you zoom in, the more markers are displayed about the buildings in your current view)
- Added street names for better immersion with the city
- Whenever a new NPC is generated in a scene, three options will appear in the top-right corner to re-randomize face, hairs and sexy bits so that in case the game generates an ugly bum, you can keep trying until you achieve something acceptable
- Added Settings options: display duration for sex descriptions, prevent scripted clothing changes during scene, NPCs are always aware of and respect player's sexual orientation, hide ? (unknown) buildings, 12/24 hour clock
- The character will now stop all facial expression during character customization so that you have a neutral face to work with the whole time
- Under the name of each building will now also show how many minutes it would take to get there
- Fixed the bug where the player disappears while an NPC remains behind in the middle of screen after a NPC-NPC sex scene (for example the neighbour peeping scene)
- Fixed the bug in the dating app scene where the actors pile on top of each other
- Fixed the bug where clicking on a search result shows a menu for the previous building
- The game will no longer try to open SteamVR and connect with Vive when launched
- EXPERIMENTAL: Added first person cameras so that you can see the sex scene from the perspective of one of the actors involved

Nice update... :smile: Haven't ran it through it's paces but it seems to cover most of the glitches and problems from the previous version :smile:

4 hours ago, wizao said:

Hello, I rarely post, maybe this is even my first post, I don't know. But wanted to say you're such a genius person! This could grow so huge. I'd like to contribute a bit in building dialogue and such, downloading it and I'll try to find out how this works. Thank you so much. :smile:

UM... hum... yes, it is your first post... :tongue: as the number below your avatar states. ;) lol.

Keep posting. :smiley:

15 hours ago, vinfamy said:

That list of new developments sounds most exciting! From what you wrote about the map/marker improvements, the maps ought to be much easier to navigate and get familiar with when starting a game on a new map. Which reminds me, I really like that you've allowed map switching at any time for a character. It's like buying a plane ticket and starting over somewhere new, very nice indeed -- and it so beats the usual routine in most games of having to start an all new character when deciding to try out a new map.

If I might add a request: would it be possible to sort the sliders in the character customization menu by body part/area? It is a rather long list of sliders you have created and currently they're listed in alphabetical order, which makes it somewhat hard to find all of the ones for say the face. I think it might be easier to sculpt the body when they were sorted by, say, "head", "arms", "legs", "torso", "butt" and "chest" or something like that.

I just remembered a bug I had encountered when I tried out the game: the clothes available for my character to wear, as well as the effects they granted seemed to randomly change.  Don't know if that was to represent clothes getting dirty, or something like that, but seemed weird.

4 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

That list of new developments sounds most exciting! From what you wrote about the map/marker improvements, the maps ought to be much easier to navigate and get familiar with when starting a game on a new map. Which reminds me, I really like that you've allowed map switching at any time for a character. It's like buying a plane ticket and starting over somewhere new, very nice indeed -- and it so beats the usual routine in most games of having to start an all new character when deciding to try out a new map.

If I might add a request: would it be possible to sort the sliders in the character customization menu by body part/area? It is a rather long list of sliders you have created and currently they're listed in alphabetical order, which makes it somewhat hard to find all of the ones for say the face. I think it might be easier to sculpt the body when they were sorted by, say, "head", "arms", "legs", "torso", "butt" and "chest" or something like that.

I like that idea. I didn't go that deep in the game when I last played it but lookd at that feature and it was indeed quite long.

10 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Implemented. Thanks for the suggestion :smile:

LifePlay 1.1 Released

- Added pregnancy and contraceptions for both the player and NPCs
- Added POV first person cameras for sex scenes
- The map is now much more user-friendly with interactable dynamic markers and toggleable street names. Travel distance is also shown when selecting each building.
- Added tutorial popups to introduce the basics of the game
- Allow the player to work for hourly wages in hotels, bars, restaurants, etc - added a few scenes related to this
- Improved NPC's facial randomization. Also allows the player to re-randomize each new NPC when first met.
- Added Settings options: sex description display duration, no clothing changes during scenes, NPCs arespect player's sexual orientation, hide unknown buildings, 12/24 hour clock
- The character now keeps a neutral face during character customization
- Morphs can now be filtered by category
- Fixed: Clothes in inventory randomly disappear or get replaced
- Fixed: Player disappears after a NPC-NPC sex scene
- Fixed: Actors pile on top of each other in the dating app
- Fixed: Clicking on a search result shows a menu for the previous building
- Fixed: The game tries to open SteamVR
- Minor bugfixes and improvements

I checked the video but a lot of the NPCs are rather chunky. Is it possible to limit the type of body shapes that are generated? Also, what are the game mechanics? It it like the Sims, which served as inspiration, with satisfying various needs?

Edit: I'm also getting serious performance issues on the map, especially when panning. Wouldn't expect that since it's just the map and it shouldn't be hard to render.

17 hours ago, darkkitten said:

When loading in UE4, its missing the Content/Heavy folder.  Throws a bunch of errors about it.

oh yes, of course. That's because Github has limits on maximum file size I can upload so I had to exclude the Heavy folder from the repo which contained all the meshes and textures, and maps. I upload the Heavy separately on Mega periodically. The last one I uploaded was:

https://mega.nz/#!4aZywTZC!lLdeJbEbEflNWskaCH6a2EdbIVlCak1VHXOC9KZScZE

Which isn't the latest. I'll upload the latest Heavy folder (it's really heavy) with the next version.

7 hours ago, nanashi50 said:

I checked the video but a lot of the NPCs are rather chunky. Is it possible to limit the type of body shapes that are generated? Also, what are the game mechanics? It it like the Sims, which served as inspiration, with satisfying various needs?

Edit: I'm also getting serious performance issues on the map, especially when panning. Wouldn't expect that since it's just the map and it shouldn't be hard to render.

Are these lags happening while you're taking some action (i.e. there's a loading bar on top of the character portrait)? If so, this is because the game is checking for all the conditions for scenes - this will be resolved once I implement multi-threading

If not, this is mostly because of the amount of markers the game has to display.  Reduce the Post Processing Quality in Settings should help.

On NPC generation: yes, just go to LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\female and LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Presets\male and delete the *.lpcharacter presets you don't want, or duplicate the ones you want to appear more often

1 hour ago, harazard said:

Heya nice mod by the looks of it.

Is it possible to add an other download link? Media fare is super stingy with the download speed on my side(talking about 60-70kb why mediafare :frown: )

There should already be three links: Mega, Google Drive and MediaFire

And it's a standalone game, not a mod :smile:

11 minutes ago, vinfamy said:

There should already be three links: Mega, Google Drive and MediaFire

And it's a standalone game, not a mod :smile:

Use a program like

https://bitly.com/

To make a link that can show up on this site.

It will help people with the type of download it is. Then you can give the info (name) of the download for the service used. This is just a suggestion but I have used it for my mega downloads and it is now more visible for people to see. Honestly I missed the third download option the two tries I have done recently. :frown:

another note. I keep on trying the first one on the list and it never works for me. I end up with errors.

The second one takes an extremely long time to download ( I believe it is googledrive)

So I assume the third one with no name is mega... :smile: