4 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I'll need to check this out. :smile:

Won't even start. Crashes right off the bat. :frown:

Try disable your anti virus. Also starting it from the LifePlay.exe from the root folder should be enough, no need to open the binary file.

Also, maybe make sure to set the LifePlay.exe in your NVidia control panel/ your GPU equivalent to use the right graphic card and not any laptop built-in one

I'm trying to download the uploaded file now to try. The local game folder and the archive is definitely fine - I just checked. The internet wasn't the best when I was uploading the 7z though, so it might be a problem with the upload. Nah, I tried downloading, extracting and running the uploaded files, it works fine.

Do you even get the 'Loading, Please Wait ...' screen (with a birdview shot of London) ? Or does it just crash even before that?

4 minutes ago, Fyrelle said:

I downloaded from the mega site and extracted the zip to a folder.  When I run the Lifeplay.exe, I get a game crashed message.

I have a 64bit PC and I wonder if the system affects if the file will run or not.

I have a 64 bit PC too. It should work on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows.

15 minutes ago, vinfamy said:

I have a 64 bit PC too. It should work on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows.

Thanks for the quick response.  I took a snip of the message box.  I restarted my pc but I still get the same message. 

What files are required to run the game besides what is included in the downloaded zip?

Thanks.

Fatal error.PNG

24 minutes ago, Fyrelle said:

Thanks for the quick response.  I took a snip of the message box.  I restarted my pc but I still get the same message. 

What files are required to run the game besides what is included in the downloaded zip?

Thanks.

Fatal error.PNG

Maybe make sure you have the latest graphic drivers and that in NVidia Control Panel (or your GPU equivalent), the game is set to use the correct graphic card

it's a standalone game, nothing should be required except Windows

15 hours ago, vinfamy said:

Try disable your anti virus. Also starting it from the LifePlay.exe from the root folder should be enough, no need to open the binary file.

Also, maybe make sure to set the LifePlay.exe in your NVidia control panel/ your GPU equivalent to use the right graphic card and not any laptop built-in one

I'm trying to download the uploaded file now to try. The local game folder and the archive is definitely fine - I just checked. The internet wasn't the best when I was uploading the 7z though, so it might be a problem with the upload. Nah, I tried downloading, extracting and running the uploaded files, it works fine.

Do you even get the 'Loading, Please Wait ...' screen (with a birdview shot of London) ? Or does it just crash even before that?

I started it from the Lifeplay.exe when I tried

I have the current drivers for my system... the program won't even let me check the version it crashes on start.

I am downloading (again) the mega version to see if it was an issue on my end with the download. Might have had issues with bandwidth or something.

I get nothing but a crash notice from windows. Not even a comment from the game or screen or any sign that it even started.

I've scanned the file with my antivirus and it had nothing to say about it so it shouldn't have an issue with the game ... typically unless there is something that is going on in the background (reaching out to the web or something) I shouldn't have any problems with my firewall or antivirus.

Update... 2 more times I have tried the Mega and it is giving a "Temporary issue" which I also never had before. Trying a third time. the first attempt was from the named download. (mega being the unnamed one) and it downloaded pretty quickly for a download that size for me.

Update: Question, which compression program is being used for this?

Update: Another time Mega gave issue with the temporary issue r/t downloading this. I have set a copy and sync to see if that can help. My entire problem might be the services proving the game. Might not be getting a good copy. Not sure until I can get one that works and downloads properly in proper amount of time (not super fast) and extracts correctly then... I can check again :frown: I am not at a point it isn't even about the playing of the game but more about resolving the problem... :classic_angry:  It is really strange. I use Mega for the compilations and such uploaded to this site. No problems..

It is now working, I can see a character and a town but have no clue at what to do :tongue:  Or how things work :classic_blink:

The issue was very likely something to do with the download and / or extraction of the file. It took me several times to get it to work for some reason which doesn't normally happen but once I got a copy that worked, extracted etc I can do things in it at least.

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

It is now working, I can see a character and a town but have no clue at what to do :tongue:  Or how things work :classic_blink:

The issue was very likely something to do with the download and / or extraction of the file. It took me several times to get it to work for some reason which doesn't normally happen but once I got a copy that worked, extracted etc I can do things in it at least.

Glad to see it worked out in the end. Just check the video in the download page, it showed about 15 minutes of gameplay from start. Obviously you can play it however you want

3 minutes ago, Ruffbugga said:

played it yesterday, a good game

Thank you! :smile:

Played it for a few hours and have some thoughts. It does work.

If you would like, I would be willing to give some ideas and thoughts on the new game. I understand it is fresh and new and has things that still need to be worked on. (Perhaps through PM or Discord? ) I've played lots of Civ like games (Civilization, Sims (2d) types of games etc) and might be able to give some suggestions (if they can be implemented that is. )

Thank you to all those that helped support me while I was having troubles. I greatly appreciate it. :smile:

17 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Played it for a few hours and have some thoughts. It does work.

If you would like, I would be willing to give some ideas and thoughts on the new game. I understand it is fresh and new and has things that still need to be worked on. (Perhaps through PM or Discord? ) I've played lots of Civ like games (Civilization, Sims (2d) types of games etc) and might be able to give some suggestions (if they can be implemented that is. )

Thank you to all those that helped support me while I was having troubles. I greatly appreciate it. :smile:

Of course, I always welcome feedbacks and suggestions. 

Why not just post it here? In case others want to contribute to the discussion. Or if you prefer it to be private, send me a PM.

I can post here. I was mentioning pm in case you wanted to discuss it there. To keep this thread cleaner for support purposes..

Spoiler

I played the game with two or three characters and gotten to a point where I was able to do what I wanted to do... so I should be able to give some feedback that is relevant however, keep in mind this is only a few hours of play/testing etc.

• The biggest thing I have that frustrates me is the mouse pointer has issues with selecting what I want. All sorts of things pop up. Move to home, work etc and if there is anything that is close to that point it often pops up and gets in the way, slowing my progress and making it harder to play.
  • There are lots of ? areas that are also there taking up some space and distracting from the game. Go there and nothing happens. It might be nicer and easier to play if the extra places and such or ? areas weren't part of the general game when playing?
  • For the pointer or navigation etc... perhaps move the face that is in the lower corner up to the top right and then place general info/stuff that would be drop down for the location you have selected on the map would drop. Then you would be able to move around the map and once you ahve the Home or work those items would b e present and easily accessible? Somewhat like other games that use this type of navigation uses.
  • For the areas of interest and search, it would be nice if  we can see them in real time in the local map. Then the player can play more realistically and stay in the neighborhood and have less travel. They can move around work and home being their primary locations . Easily. For general searchable items (mentioned above more view able locations where the player can see the options, ) the top right where the search area would be, could be a filter to make those areas of interest in close areas easier to navigate then the pointer would only be able to select those areas instead of everything.

Most of my problems deal with not being able to see what is nearby, getting lots of areas that do nothing or have nothing, and selecting areas. Visual representations, filters for areas, and such would help that greatly ... at least IMO... ;)

Of course this is your development (as I don't have the skills or intent on learning this at least to a point that would be needed to make the above changes )

Minor issue. (most likely due to its early development)

• Animations are showing male actions even if it is Female on Female ... Through the drop text descriptions. Some minor other issues of the like. However, this is v 1 and open source so I expect these things will be fixed reasonably easily and quickly so I am not concerned with those minor issues.
  • Selection of animations for Girl on Girl is slim using others end up with the above happening. Would like the possibility of at least strap on for those to be used?
  • Would be nice to be able to leave your Job for a better one same goes for your apartment.
  • For the Sugurbabes etc options, would be nice if there was some visual representation where the player can also select those that might have decided on the player. Instead of getting whatever was sent to them. I experienced this twice and the second one (game) was quite horrible looking :frown: Would be nice if the player could select the sex as well as possibly ae etc.
  • Different backgrounds for work as well as different work options (not just office) I might have missed that in the game so forgive me... :smile: The work and home backgrounds should reflect the type of work and the type of home they choose. My first one was quite wealthy and my second one was working for peanuts. Same background apartment.
  • Sometimes the characters were quite hideous, not human ugly but quite "out there"... 

^ Not sure if any of those can be done but giving the feedback anyway.

The things I liked.

• I like the approach that was taken for the "action" and how it is handled. I don't think I have seen that in any other game of this type but I don't usually play these types of games so my experience is quite limited.
  • Even though early in development it is covering quite a bit of different areas of interest someone might have. Not focused on some or over developed on a few.
  • The ability to edit directly in the game almost any option I can see or have seen so far. You can change (or Cheat) to your hearts content. :smile:
  • Open Source.. need anyone say more? :smiley:

There you go, I am sure I have forgotten something but the above should cover most of my thoughts and feelings on the game. It caught my attention for a few hours (longer than I ever expected) I am interested in seeing what updates will come along from this.

I've been having fun with this, never played The Sims but it's a strangely compelling gameplay model.  I was wondering if there is a way to filter building searches to only show buildings within a certain distance of the player.  The density of some kinds of businesses is so great in London that I have a hard time finding what I want in easy walking distance of home.  Maybe an affordable housing filter too?  I was so proud when I got my first job for 1500 pounds a month.  Then I started looking for a home.  Gulp, I'm not familiar with London so I don't know where the low-rent districts might be.  Had to find a Sugar Momma to help make ends meet:classic_blush:

So far the game's great. I love the whole simulation concept. Only problem that I have is that all apartments are 'locked' so I can't find anywhere to live. This, however, only happens on the NYC map. Any solution/explanation for this? Also keep up the good work :cookie:

20 minutes ago, NastyGiant said:

So far the game's great. I love the whole simulation concept. Only problem that I have is that all apartments are 'locked' so I can't find anywhere to live. This, however, only happens on the NYC map. Any solution/explanation for this? Also keep up the good work :cookie:

Didn't get the NY map. I have the UK one (I believe.)

Try sorting for residence only then check those out. There will be a prompt at the bottom of the drop-down that ask if you want to schedule a viewing (not sure of the exact phrasing) In my experience, the work locations are far from the residence in general. (not on the same screen)

1 hour ago, Sagebrush61 said:

I've been having fun with this, never played The Sims but it's a strangely compelling gameplay model.  I was wondering if there is a way to filter building searches to only show buildings within a certain distance of the player.  The density of some kinds of businesses is so great in London that I have a hard time finding what I want in easy walking distance of home.  Maybe an affordable housing filter too?  I was so proud when I got my first job for 1500 pounds a month.  Then I started looking for a home.  Gulp, I'm not familiar with London so I don't know where the low-rent districts might be.  Had to find a Sugar Momma to help make ends meet:classic_blush:

Yes, I made somewhat the same suggestion in above.

I like the idea of a filter for housing.. perhaps even for employment? (Note unlike real life, you can have fun with not making so much money.. the game is set up with possible opportunities to pay the rent.. even in this early dev version)

My first character... landed a job for, I believe 25000 a month.. :classic_blink:. She became the Sugar Momma.. :tongue: 

1 hour ago, NastyGiant said:

They are always locked until you select the 'Arrange a viewing' action. That action only shows up in business hours I think (9 - 18). Maybe you're just late in the day - in which case, just spend the night in a hotel.

@RitualClarity Salaries are based on the job experience stat. Rent are based on salary with a minimum. However, zoning housing prices is a good suggestion - quite hard to implement though.

On the search function, that's how I wanted to make it - sorted by distance. But I ran into some bugs (things getting duplicated etc) so sort of gave up for now. Will try again for that sort functionality in a future update.

I tried this game out a couple days ago.  In my first game, I failed on my work application, at which point I could not find another company that was hiring.  My character basically had nothing he could do at that point, particularly since he also failed to find a sugarmomma.

My second game went fine though.  Set my starting skills higher and got a job (admittedly for less money than was offered in the first game).  Biggest issue was that the first couple nights I seemed to be endlessly spammed by the psycho neighbor event.